PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves restarted

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Sorry, I don't want this to go to the Dog House cuz more people will see it here. But I just realized this today and it made me wonder.

Why must we point out gayness to the whole world? I was watching MTV and they showed a commercial of Simon, from Real World: Paris, who is a homosexual, with his boyfriend. They were making a whole big deal out of it. I don't know why, but that really bugged me.

Sorry, wanted to share.

Kfamr
08-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Because there are alot of dumb Homophobes. :rolleyes:

"Like ommmggg theerezz summonnee witth his boyfriieendd on tvv. oohh my gossh gay men!1 oohh my gosh, grooss!!" :rolleyes:

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-19-2003, 10:19 PM
I don't see the problem with homosexuality and why a lot of people make such a big deal of it?

I have a gay friend and he's cool as hell.

:) :D

Kfamr
08-19-2003, 10:24 PM
Most of my friends are either gay or bisexual, and to tell you the truth they have a hell alot more personality than any of my straight friends do.

Uabassoon
08-19-2003, 10:26 PM
I hate it when people drive more than 10 MPH below the speed limit.

Kfamr
08-19-2003, 10:29 PM
I hate when the morons at school stop in the middle of the hallways, making me late for class. Atleast move the hell out of my way!!

Instead of Drivers Ed, they need a class for freakin walking in the hallway.

ticosmyham
08-19-2003, 10:34 PM
Being gay is cool. Gay people are cool. And they think it will bring higher ratings to shows if they show such cool people in their ads. lol
p.s i am not, i just admire those who are lol

GoldenRetrLuver
08-19-2003, 10:41 PM
I don't have a problem with homosexual people. I have an uncle who is gay, and hes really cool.

We went to the park a fw weeks ago, and my cousin saw 2 gay people, holding hands and kissing. Of course his first reaction was "EWW!". I just said, just because there different, doesnt mean you can put them down. Its how they are, you can't change it. Then again, what can you expect from a 10 year old kid.

Miss Meow
08-19-2003, 10:50 PM
I get cranky when people chew gum loudly, or spit it on the ground for me to step on.

Tonya
08-19-2003, 11:44 PM
That happens to be an ongoing debate amongst (word?) my friends and I. I have quite a few friends that are gay. Some of them are really into the gay pride parades and whatnot. It doesn't bother me to tag along, but I always tease them that I want my own hetrosexual parade. ...Just as well as some of my other friends are into Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander, African American, etc.. pride. I think that there is to much emphasis on all that. I think we should all should focus on making this world a better place instead of worring about which label we are into.

My number one pet peeve: When a friend tells me they are going to call or be somewhere at a certain time; they better be. If they aren't going to show, they better take the two seconds to call me and tell me they can't make it. I think that if someone can't at least give you a courtesy call, they are telling you that they find you unimportant. If I'm running late, I'll call and tell my friend I'm running late. I'll call again and let them know I'm on my way or whatever.

CathyBogart
08-20-2003, 12:51 AM
My biggest pet peeves are:

Children

When people say "poisonous" instead of "venomous" when referring to snakes. There is only ONE species of poisonous snake, the Pelagic sea snake!

Oh, and I have a lot of gay/bi friends, and I've gone to gay/lesbian clubs just for the sake of going. I see no problem with making a big deal, as long as it's in a positive light. :)

Cheshirekatt
08-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Most of my friends are either gay or bisexual, and to tell you the truth they have a hell alot more personality than any of my straight friends do.

One of the gay men that I work with says that being bisexual is just being greedy! :D :D :D :D

That really cracked me up......

captain
08-20-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
One of the gay men that I work with says that being bisexual is just being greedy! :D :D :D :D

That really cracked me up......

Hahahahaha - me too!!! That is tooooo funny.

As for the gay issue - we just had a renovation show finish here in Australia that had a gay couple (male) on it, and the outcry was ridiculous ...........

Of course, now everyone seems to have gotten over it (well, NOT the narrow minded minority ......)

ticosmyham
08-20-2003, 03:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WolfChan
[B]My biggest pet peeves are:

Children

When people say "poisonous" instead of "venomous" when referring to snakes. There is only ONE species of poisonous snake, the Pelagic sea snake!

Well, now i know never to call any snakes (other than the Pelagic Sea Snake) poisonous. I never knew.......

anna_66
08-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Mean & stupid people:rolleyes:

Amber
08-20-2003, 08:05 AM
I think being gay or anything else is fine. It's their life and they can live it anyway they want to!

Oh Yeah- Does anyone watch Queer Eye for the straight guy?
Omg its sooo halarious(sp?) it's about a bunch of Gay men helping out a straight guy. It's Funny!!! :p :p :D

primabella
08-20-2003, 09:24 AM
I am not against with being gay but yeah, I hate how some TV shows and ads are using it for commercial reasons. It gets me nervous too when I see a girl and a guy making out just to promote a car company or something too, so don't get me wrong.

My friend is gay and he's like a straight girl. Lol. He does have a real attitude problem, and the way he treats his boyfriends and even me (he called me fat! Doesn't he know not to say that to a girl! :p) it gets me really nervous. I don't even know why I call him a friend. ;) Oh well, that's him, I know they aren't all like that.

My pet peeve, among others, is when people try to be someone they are not. This girl in my school used to be a tomboy and dress in sneakers, regular black pants and a white shirt and she used to like Winnnie-the-Pooh. She wanted to impress these girls so she changed her style and her attitude to wearing high platforms, a glittery top and those jeans with the holes on the side so you can see some skin. How stupid! :p

Kay - I know about those people! They'll stop in the halls or even stop to make out. Like, me I'm worrying if I'm gonna make it in time to get to class so I can write my test and a couple has to stop in the middle of the narrowest hallway to kiss. :rolleyes:

moosmom
08-20-2003, 11:11 AM
My biggest pet peeves are:

People who abuse animals/people;
Litterbugs;
Obnoxious children and their irresponsible parents;
People who don't take responsibility for their actions;
Children who interrupt or try to get in on an adult conversation (my friend's oldest son does that and it bugs the hell outta me!!);
People who ask questions that are none of their business just to be nosey;
Cat haters;
People who try to get into an elevator without letting the people out first;
People who THINK they are intimidating;
People who chew with their mouths open and talk with food in their mouth.

As far as the gay issue is concerned, I have always believed people should live their lives the way they choose without having to explain themselves. In today's world, there is always SOMEBODY who's gotta have a different view. I also believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What I DON'T believe is that those opinions being shoved down other people's throats. To each his own.

If I think of anything else, I'll add to the list. :D

RICHARD
08-20-2003, 11:35 AM
the woman in front of me at the supermarket yesterday.....

she has one box of breakfast bars.....

the cashier rings up the box and has to wait while
the dillweed digs thru her purse to get her wallet, looks thru it for money, changes her mind then pulls out the plastic - another thirty seconds while she figures out how to use the ATM/DEBIT machine...

the cashier and i made eye contact....and i started to laugh.......how tough is it to be prepared?

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-20-2003, 11:45 AM
I hate people who litter.

I also hate when people can't do something so simple as to pick up a plastic grocery bag floating around in the parking lot and throw it away on their way into the store. I mean, I do that all the time, I wouldn't want some animal getting suffocated inside of it. But ah, what difference will it make.

ticosmyham
08-20-2003, 02:37 PM
I hate it when people come over and something scares one of the birds, causing it to fly off the perch and around the living room.....and all the guest can do is run around and scream!(mostly just happens with 6 year olds....but I know a few 20 year olds like this) It really just adds to the chaos and scares the bird more.

ticosmyham
08-20-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Amber
I think being gay or anything else is fine. It's their life and they can live it anyway they want to!

Oh Yeah- Does anyone watch Queer Eye for the straight guy?
Omg its sooo halarious(sp?) it's about a bunch of Gay men helping out a straight guy. It's Funny!!! :p :p :D

( I haven't quite figured out how to quote people, but I hope this works..lol)

I LLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE Queer Eye for The Straight Guy! The best show EVER!!!

carole
08-20-2003, 08:50 PM
I watched boy George from ex-culture club, doing an interview last night, he said being gay is very fashionable these days.

I have to wonder if there is a ring of truth in his comment, I have nothing against Gay people, but there is just many people who turn out to be gay these day's. NO OFFENCE MEANT HERE.
Just an observation.

I suppose I am a bit ticked off , one of our gorgeous new's reader's I just found out was Gay. And yes I fancied him.

I have to agree on some comments, one of my friends in my younger year's was bisexual, and he was really cool.

cloverfdx
08-21-2003, 10:35 AM
1) animal abusers
equal # 1
1) Homophobes ~shivers~

2) children
3) people who answer their mobile/cell phones at the most inapropriate times (eg during dinner,during movies, during an obedience class
:eek: )
4)nosy poeple ;)
5) poeple who Flirt when drunk and you know your not going to get anywhere with them and its a total waste of time (Grrr):rolleyes: one of my friends does this all the time (she is a tease:rolleyes: )

thats about all for now

sorta of excited as im going to Mardi Gras next year if it doesnt clash with the Australian National Flyball Championships again (flyball comes first lol)

2kitties
08-21-2003, 10:55 AM
bigotry and animal disrespect are at the top of my list. I also find it hard to listen to people whine about things they have every opportunity to change- they're just too lazy.

Chinadoll
08-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I hate when the morons at school stop in the middle of the hallways, making me late for class. Atleast move the hell out of my way!!

Instead of Drivers Ed, they need a class for freakin walking in the hallway.

AMEN! I hated that. It would drive me insane. The worst was the morons who would chat in the stairwell making it impossible for others to go up or down the stairs.

Originally posted by cloverfdx
3) people who answer their mobile/cell phones at the most inapropriate times (eg during dinner,during movies, during an obedience class
Obedience class for the dog? Maybe when the owner does that, you could train the dog to snatch the cell phone out of the owner's hand and say, "No No Bad Human!"

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-21-2003, 02:21 PM
*The plastic wrappers on Lunchables..* GR!!

:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-21-2003, 02:26 PM
AND when the dog eats my food while I'm gone... grrrrr