PDA

View Full Version : School colors, mascots & student #'s

Desert Arabian
08-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Seeing how school has started for some, and may be coming up soon for some (oh no), I thought it would be interesting to know what everyones school colors, mascots, and number of students @ the school are. Just another way to cure my bordem...

My school's color: burgandy & silver
School Mascot: Indian (chief)
# of students @ school: 1,052

What's yours??

Kater
08-19-2003, 09:11 PM
I go to the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
SCHOOL COLORS: cardinal (red) & white
SCHOOL MASCOT: "Bucky" Badger

http://www.linnwood.org/blog/article/bucky.jpg

STUDENT BODY: 41,507 :eek:

Desert Arabian
08-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Hey Kater- you know what kills me is that the badger is Wisconsin's state animal, but I don't think ANYONE in Wisconsin has ever seen one! Wild ones that is. What's up with that! It should be the wild turkey or white-tailed deer, since that's all you see!! :rolleyes: :D :p

41,507......woah.

Kater
08-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Hey Kater- you know what kills me is that the badger is Wisconsin's state animal, but I don't think ANYONE in Wisconsin has ever seen one! Wild ones that is. What's up with that! It should be the wild turkey or white-tailed deer, since that's all you see!! :rolleyes: :D :p

41,507......woah.

I know! That's what everyone tells me. I've never seen one-- not that I've been here all that long. But I did see a fox on campus!!! That totally shocked me!

P.S. I think that Michigan should change its mascot to a Dachshund, LOL! :D

Uabassoon
08-19-2003, 09:33 PM
I go to University of Arizona
Colors are Red and BLue
Mascot is the Wildcat

I'd have to look up how many students because I have no clue.

binka_nugget
08-19-2003, 11:45 PM
School Colors: maroon and gold
Mascot: titan but the titan's rarely seen anymore because of all the smallville props covering the school walls.
Number of students: 1200+

wolf_Q
08-19-2003, 11:54 PM
At my high school the colors were Blue and White and the mascot was a Viking. I'm not sure of the number of students.

The school my mom works at has the best mascot--a husky! :D

The college I'm going to go to has a Wolverine as a mascot....I think the colors may be like maroon but I'm not positive. No idea on the number of students.

primabella
08-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Colors: Orange, black and white, because way back (my rel teacher told us this) he was coaching the school hockey team (which doesn't exist anymore! :( ) and the jerseys were of the Philadephia Flyers. The colors eventually became the school colors.

Mascot: Rams

Studen body: I have no idea. 100+ Lol :p

cocker_luva
08-20-2003, 09:56 AM
school colors: red and gold
school mascot: Bulldog
school population: probably about 1200+

Kfamr
08-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Colors- Burgandy and Silver?
Mascot- Sponge Diver... We're the "Spongers"
Number- Too frickin' many.

Our school is famous for being on David Letterman's Top 10 or dumb school mascots. :)

RockyRoad
08-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Color: Blue and gold
Mascot: Bobcat
People: I don't know

MammaMangorin
08-20-2003, 03:18 PM
no colors and no mascot :rolleyes: swedish school
and # of students @ school: is <500 :rolleyes:

cali
08-20-2003, 04:09 PM
colours-black and gold
mascot-lion
# of students- about 500(privet school remember??)

other info, would be that my school is as old as my city, its over 100 years old, and the gym was the government house when the city was a little town, my school used to be in melvill but was moved here. um it looks like its over 100 years old, they have finally gotten around to renovations, redid the caf. last summer, who knows who knows what they did this summer, guess I will find out when school starts, oh and they replaced a bunch of the lockers :p oh an the gym floor is as old as the building, its woulden and in great shape, we have special rules to preserve that floor, and they had better be replacing that heating and AC system! its water heating right now, its horrable! in the winter you will find half the student body going to class in mitts, winter jackets, and scarves:eek:

pitc9
08-20-2003, 04:56 PM
My high school colors were Red and Black
And our mascot was a HILLTOPPER....yes...a Hilltopper, and what is a Hilltopper you ask...a little man the climbs mountains.

(how stupid is THAT?)

Student body - about 1100

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Colors: Black and orange --- that's different.
Mascot: Husky
Population: Too many

Uabassoon
08-21-2003, 04:58 AM
I looked up how many students were at the U Of A and we have around 38,000 students.

puppygrrl4eva7
08-21-2003, 07:53 AM
School Colors: Blue andGold
School Mascot: Lion
Population of Student Body: No Idea, but I know the class that I'm in (Class of 2008) is the biggest class they've ever had (But it was only bulit in 1992) In 6th grade some kids had lockers in the 7th grade Hallway, In 7th grade some kids had to have lockers in the 6th grade Hallway, and one of the 6th grade teachers had to become a 7th grade teacher because we were short on teachers:rolleyes:

But what I think Is neat is that my School District has 3 Middle schools and they are called Middle School East(GMSE), Middle School West(GMSW), and Middle School South(GMSS), We only have one High School but it has 3 or 4 different bulidings.:rolleyes: