PDA

View Full Version : Can I whine?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-19-2003, 05:14 PM
I'm gonna make you all listen to me whine for a sec.

I have band practice every night (except Fri-Sat-Sun) and we have to practice marching for and hour and a half outside. It's 90 degrees right now, and I don't even want to think about being outside. I'm seriously gonna melt. :D :rolleyes:

Sorry, just whining. :rolleyes:

aly
08-19-2003, 05:36 PM
I went through the exact same thing all through high school. We had practice Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs in the hot, humid 100 degree weather on black asphault. Then on Fridays, we'd do our run throughs then load up on the busses to go to the football game. We'd never get home til after 11:30pm, and would have to be up most Saturday mornings for practice. We would also have to start practicing in the summer 2 weeks before school started. I was on the drum line and we had to start 3 weeks earlier. I always thought I was just going to fall down from exhaustion. We had to do pushups if we messed up.. and we had to do pushups and other exercises to warm up. Lugging that drum around was not easy either.

I wouldn't trade it for the world :D :D I miss it so much. It was really some of the best times of my life.

ticosmyham
08-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Megan....you are gonna be sweatin' like a Salmon in the 7800 degree weather....

Foam
08-19-2003, 06:40 PM
I would kill to be in 90 degree weather right now..
It's SUMMER over here in Arizona..It's about 115 degrees every day! I have PE last hour at about 2:30 every day. The hottest time of the day..And we have to run outside and play softball :rolleyes:
You tihnk it was hot there..:rolleyes:;)

neko1
08-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Ah the memories! I hated practicing outside in the heat, especially those 2 weeks before school started!!

I agree with Aly, I do miss it and those were also some of the best times in my life, too.:)

Fuzzy317
08-19-2003, 07:06 PM
In high school, we had marching band practice Monday and Thursday nights, and afternoon practice Tuesday and Wednesday. Then it was football games on Friday, and festivals on some Saturdays.