PDA

View Full Version : The Worm

babolaypo65
08-19-2003, 04:15 PM
I spoke too soon!!!! here I was bragging that my MAC wouldnt get the worm. Well, HA, my job's server got the worm so I'm affected anyway!

Isn't there an adage about bragging bringing bad karma? :) :( :(

RICHARD
08-19-2003, 04:19 PM
the early bird catches the worm?

babolaypo65
08-19-2003, 05:32 PM
That's the one!!! ;)

zanzanfergie
08-20-2003, 02:10 AM
I have the worm. If people were wondering, yes, I am still alive! The computer was crashing every few minutes though, so I found it very hard to post. In any case, I'm at my brother's place now (he has kindly lent me his computer since I need the net for some homework...and yes, for those on AOL the other day, I was at my brother's then too, 'doing homework').
I'm not sure when the computer will be fixed. Hopefully soon! Be good, everybody. I'll be back soon.

:)

popcornbird
08-20-2003, 02:15 AM
You're alive! :D:D:D Yay! I was just about to make a post asking if anyone knew why you weren't coming on PT. I'm glad you're ok. :) Have you fixed your computer? It happened to my brother's comp and he fixed it within 2 hours. Good luck getting rid of the virus!

Fuzzy317
08-20-2003, 02:26 AM
My sister's computer got infected, and her support line didn't help that much. I pointed her to the first thread about the worm posted on Pet Talk. Her computer is fine now, thanks to Pet Talk. :)

Nomilynn
08-20-2003, 03:52 AM
I have a firewall up so I was ok, but Nathan got the virus when he installed another operating system to run along with his current one on his computer. He only had it up and running for about five minutes.. it's amazing how fast it travelled!!!