PDA

View Full Version : Oh my! I'm officially worried!

Cookiebaker
08-18-2003, 05:19 PM
:eek: This morning at 5 AM Marigold woke me up with an upset tummy. I didn't think too much about it, since occasionally kitties have upset tummies. (logical, huh?)

When we came downstairs, we found that she had gotten sick 3 or 4 more times. Time to get a tad concerned.

I left for work around 8:00. Mid-day, Mark called me inform me that she was sick another 3 times. Now we both got home from work and she has been sick several more times. Full-blown worry time!

I have called the emergency vet, and am anxiously waiting for them to call me back. :( I'm so worried about my cuddle bug. :(

The good thing is that she isn't acting "sick", but rather coming around for cuddles & headbumpies.

I hope they call me back soooon......time is dragging so slow. :(

catland
08-18-2003, 05:38 PM
oh no. That's so scary. Is she trying to cough up hair balls or just bile? Could it just be something she ate?

My one big concern would be that she could get dehydrated.

good luck, I hope she's ok.

Cookiebaker
08-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Thank you Catland....we're headed to the vet right now. It's an hour away.....

(I need a scaredy cat smiley)

Karen
08-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Let us know ...

rg_girlca
08-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Fingers and paws crossed that little Marigold will be okay.

Uabassoon
08-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Sending positive thoughts that Marigold is ok.

shais_mom
08-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Fingers crossed for you!!
Prayers on the way!

neko1
08-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Oh no, I hope everything is OK! Please get better soon Marigold:)

Cookiebaker
08-18-2003, 08:27 PM
We're Back! And though there isn't any good news, there's no bad news either. He took X-rays of her stomach, and it seems that her stomach is full of unidentifiable fluff. He thinks possibly a rodent?? He has definitely ruled out blockage or poison which I was most afraid of. No food tonight, and Food + Laxative in the morning. Besides the X-ray, he gave her fluid under the skin as she was bordering on dehydration.

I'm so glad that we went. I felt bad for the vet in that he wasn't expecting to be "on-call" and his wife called looking for him. :o But I can sleep tonight knowing that this isn't anything very serious, and she will be on the mend soon.

Thank you so much for the well-wishes. Marigoldy sends tons of purrs & snuggles to each of you!! :)

Off to do MORE laundry: tablecloth in diningroom; tablecloth in kitchen; comforter cover from futon; comforter cover from bedroom; quilt from guest room; pillow cases from bedroom; towels from bottom of crate where she did a poop-de-doo....:rolleyes: But She's WORTH it!! :)

Vermontcat
08-18-2003, 08:33 PM
I hope Marigold is feeling better soon!

I thought you'd be doing something fun for your birthday and instead you have to do laundry!:(

tuxluvr
08-18-2003, 08:39 PM
All fingers and paw pads crossed here! Poor Marigold! Poor meowmie cat! It is so hard to see our little furkids like this. HOpe all will pass soon!

sasvermont
08-18-2003, 09:44 PM
Oh no baby Marigold, what did you eat? For goodness sake, stick to the cat food next time, so Mom and Dad don't have to worry so much about you. Not to mention the money and the LAUNDRY!

Surely hope you are back to normal soon!

Love from Camp Vermont!
:eek:

Miss Meow
08-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Poor Marigold! Hugs to her and I hope she feels better soon :)

jazzcat
08-18-2003, 10:49 PM
What a scare! We went through something similar with Ripley last Oct. except his was bad news. He caught the URI from Jazz and spent two days at the vet on IV for fluids then the night we brought him home he began throwing up everywhere. By the time we got him back to the vet he was so weak. He ended up spending 6 more days at the vet and then I had to take him back daily for 4 more days for antibiotic injections. The vet thinks he had a blood infection that had been triggered by the URI. It was the worse 10 days we've had around here for a long time.

I'm glad Marigold isn't suffering from anything that serious. I'm sending well wishes from TN!!

gini
08-18-2003, 10:56 PM
This sure did not sound like a good birthday! But hopefully Marigold will be fine once everything clears out of her system.

What in heavens name did she eat? Oh, these guys do give us huge scares don't they?

Hey, and probably all of that stuff needed to be washed anyway:D :D (at least that is what I tell myself when Rascal has a barforama spell).

krazyaboutkatz
08-18-2003, 11:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well Marigold. :( Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for a speedy and full recovery. Please keep us updated. Take care too.

wolf_Q
08-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Sorry to hear about the trouble with Marigold! Hope she's feeling better soon! :)

NoahsMommy
08-19-2003, 12:26 AM
Poor little girl. :(

I'm so glad she'll be OK soon. Give her some kisses for me.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-19-2003, 01:00 AM
Sending cuddles and luvvies - hope you are better soon, little Marigold (what a pretty name!!!!)

Cookiebaker
08-19-2003, 04:51 AM
Thanks so much for the warm well-wishes! :)

We made it through the night and no upset tummy! So this morning she got about 1/2 cup of food and ate 1/4 cup of it. She seems to be doing better, and I truly think we are through the worst of it.

Barbara
08-19-2003, 05:06 AM
That's one of the threads I am glad to miss until there are good news too. Oh poor Marigold what did you eat to upset your little tummy so much?

I am glad to hear you are better now but as a human you still needed to stick on dry pretzels with Coke!

Be careful now and get well soon:)

emily_the_spoiled
08-19-2003, 07:00 AM
I am so glad that Marigold is doing much better.

Maybe she will stay away from rodents now... ;)

Randi
08-19-2003, 07:27 AM
Oh, poor Marigold. :( What a rotten day she had. I'm glad to hear she's on the mend - in a few days she'll be completely back to normal. :)

Scritchies and kisses from us - and take care!

HayleyRosie
08-19-2003, 07:58 AM
I'm so glad to hear she is doing better. Well wishes are coming your way.

ChrisH
08-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Poor Marigold :( I am glad to hear she is doing better.

Get well soon sweetie.

NoahsMommy
08-19-2003, 11:40 AM
That's good news! I'm so glad she's feeling better today. :)

rg_girlca
08-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Aww I'm so glad to know that Marigold is feeling better today.
Marigold, you stay away from those nasty rodents now, ya hear and don't go scaring meowmie like that again, you sweet little darling.

Kisses and scritchies to you sweetpea.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Oh no, poor little Marigold! I'm so glad she's feeling better now. And don't worry about calling the vet in, that's what emergency vets do - and get paid for - and it's more important that you know your little girl is going to be ok.

"unidentfiable fluff" Hmmm....gotta wonder what it is she ate. Did anything "appear" in the litter box that you could identify - not that you want to identify anything in the litter box.....but you know what I mean. ;) :D

Hugs and smoochies to a healing Marigold! :)

ramanth
08-19-2003, 12:57 PM
awwww Marigold! I hope your tummy feels better soon.

*love and headbumpies*

Uabassoon
08-19-2003, 02:37 PM
I'm happy to hear that Marigold is doing much better.