PDA

View Full Version : Kia's first ever trip to the Groomers!

ramanth
08-18-2003, 11:08 AM
Alas, no pics, but seeing as she didn't get her hair cut, she doesn't look too different.

We have a new PetCo in town. :D (The closest chain to a store this size is the PetSmart about 2 hours away)

So to say the least, I was tickled pink. :D (They have a larger assortment of stuff than the current stores but don't carry Kia's brand of food and some things are cheaper at Pet Supplies Plus and Soldan's so they'll still get my buisness)...

anyway! PetCo has an in store groomers and since Kia was stinky and muddy from our woodland romp on Saturday, I thought, what the hey.

And on Sunday I made an appointment and she was bathed, brushed, had her ears cleaned and nails trimmed.

She smells so good! :D

The groomers said she behaved very well :eek: and just talked quite a bit. :o I hope she said nice things. ;) :p

It's sooooo nice to pet her and not have a bunch of hair go flying! :D :rolleyes:

Her coat is shiny and soft too. :D

I'm a happy customer.

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-18-2003, 11:24 AM
That's great! I am glad glad Kia was a good girl at the groomers.

Give Kia hugs and kisses from me! I love the smell of clean dogs :)

lbaker
08-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Mine don't go to the groomers very often but when they do - WOW - are they full of themselves :D Does Kia strut her stuff more so now? Kia is such a beauty anyway I bet she just shines now :D

ramanth
08-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Mine don't go to the groomers very often but when they do - WOW - are they full of themselves :D Does Kia strut her stuff more so now? Kia is such a beauty anyway I bet she just shines now :D
I think Kia was just happy that I got her afterwards. LOL!

She was literally jumping with joy. ;) I don't think she liked the bath, dryer, or being brushed. :o

tikeyas_mom
08-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Tikeya has never been to the groomers, I really would love to take her though. She has the WORST seperation anxiety. I am glad kia was good ;). too bad there isnt any pics. :(:(

anna_66
08-18-2003, 07:39 PM
I bet she was happy to see you:D

Don't you just love the way they feel and smell after coming from the groomers!

wolf_Q
08-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Yay! I'm glad you and Kia had a pleasant experience at Petco! I bet she looks great! Huskies are *always* very talkative at the groomers! lol I always love sticking my nose in Nebo's fur after I give him a bath...love that smell!

Just out of curiousity what did they charge for her?

ramanth
08-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Yay! I'm glad you and Kia had a pleasant experience at Petco! I bet she looks great! Huskies are *always* very talkative at the groomers! lol I always love sticking my nose in Nebo's fur after I give him a bath...love that smell!

Just out of curiousity what did they charge for her?
Oh I know Amy! She smelled SO good! :D

They charged me $28. They said a Husky coat was around $36, but since she has shorter hair they charged her as a "Lab coat". :)

Logan
08-19-2003, 09:10 AM
I miss taking Honey and Lilly to the groomers. It was just too stressful for poor Honey, though. I may do it on a rare occasion in the future, just to get her feet trimmed upa little bit and those dreaded glands checked. I always loved how fluffy they would be and how good they smelled when they came home! I'll be Kia looks beautiful! Honey and Lilly did get a mini grooming session yesterday. Helen bathed both of them and dried them with the blow dryer (on cool, of course). They are fluffy girls and both of them do smell a lot better!!! :)

Logan

lovemyshiba
08-19-2003, 11:52 AM
I'm sure Miss Kia looks gorgeous!!!!!

I'm glad you had such a good experience--I would love to take Kito, but I'm afraid of how he might behave.

wolf_Q
08-19-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
Oh I know Amy! She smelled SO good! :D

They charged me $28. They said a Husky coat was around $36, but since she has shorter hair they charged her as a "Lab coat". :)

Thats funny, here we charge $33 for a husky and $24 for a lab lol. :) It's probably cheaper here because everyone in Utah is cheap haha.

I'm glad you had such a good experience--I would love to take Kito, but I'm afraid of how he might behave.

There's two shiba inus that come in for baths on occasion...it's like bathing really angry cats! lol. They are very sweet, don't bite or anything...but they HATE water!

ramanth
08-21-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Thats funny, here we charge $33 for a husky and $24 for a lab lol. :) It's probably cheaper here because everyone in Utah is cheap haha.
That's it! I'm moving to Utah. :D

lizbud
08-21-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm glad to hear that Kia did so well at the groomers. Don't
you just love that clean doggie smell ? :D I wish I knew what
they use that keeps it's scent so long after the bath.Smokey's
been to PetsMart once for grooming(bath & brush) and he seemed ok. afterwards. Just really glad to see me & get to
leave the shop when I picked him up. They said he was o.k. with
the bath ,but HATED the force dryer, so they stopped using it &
air dried him.

wolf_Q
08-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
That's it! I'm moving to Utah. :D

Ok, I'll be waiting!! :D ;)