PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Mary

GoldenRetrLuver
08-17-2003, 04:17 PM
I ws just reading up about the Myth of Bloody Mary...has anyone ever tryed to "summon" her? lol. :p I think the whole idea of it is fake....but, what are your opinions on it?

tikeyas_mom
08-17-2003, 04:26 PM
I used to try to summon her all the time as a child.

The only time I ever got any sign that it was a true myth was when I was in my basement, and Me and my friend closed our eyes and turned around three times infront of a mirror saying bloody mary, and then a pair of red eyes poped up right in the middle of the mirror. It totally freaked me out so I never did it again :o

Foam
08-17-2003, 04:26 PM
Yeah, the thing where you turn the lights off, stand in front of a mirror, close your eyes real tight and say Bloody Mary like 5 times? Then you open your eyes and you're suppsoe to see a woman with a bloody axe?

Uh huh..I've done that. A big fat lie. :rolleyes: I DID see something really scary though! Guess what I saw when I opened my eyes in front of that mirror..:eek: Someone who loves dogs, has big blue eyes and a deathly scared look on her face with blonde frizzy hair! Ahh! :eek: :rolleyes:
Same thing with Candy Man. Stupid stuff.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Foam
]Uh huh..I've done that. A big fat lie. :rolleyes: I DID see something really scary though! Guess what I saw when I opened my eyes in front of that mirror..:eek: Someone who loves dogs, has big blue eyes and a deathly scared look on her face with blonde frizzy hair! Ahh! :eek: :rolleyes:
Same thing with Candy Man. Stupid stuff.

LMAO!! :D :p

Tonya
08-17-2003, 04:57 PM
We used to do it when we were kids. I think it's a total myth.

Cincy'sMom
08-17-2003, 05:13 PM
We used the concept in our huanted house year before last....had a a piece of glass in front with a separate med cabinet behind. By changing a few things around, Candy man did appear. Our actresses essentially tried it for 10 nights, all night long andit never worked, expect by our special effects...

apcrs5122
08-17-2003, 05:54 PM
I actually have never heard the Bloody Mary myth (or the Candy Man):o :o :o :o

Could someone fill me in?:o :o :o :o

tikeyas_mom
08-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by apcrs5122
I actually have never heard the Bloody Mary myth (or the Candy Man):o :o :o :o

Could someone fill me in?:o :o :o :o

here is a link for you to check out...

it is fairly interesting ;).

I think :p

http://www.mythology.com/bloodymary.html

enjoy ;):eek:

puppygrrl4eva7
08-17-2003, 06:44 PM
I used to do that junk when I was little:rolleyes: pretty dumb I think just some lie to scare little kids:rolleyes:

wolfsoul
08-17-2003, 11:00 PM
I used to so it when I was younger. My friend and I took turns, daring ourselves, but nothing ever happened. Back then we blamed it on the light, but now we know better. :p

wolfsoul
08-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by apcrs5122
(or the Candy Man):o :o :o :o

Candyman was a movie, where if you looked in the mirror in the dark and said his name three times he'd appear and kill you with his hook for a hand.

IttyBittyKitty
08-18-2003, 12:13 AM
And I thought you were writing about the cocktail. Dang.

The other Bloody Mary sure does bring back some memories of crapping my pants every time I passed a mirror. It is interesting how these things travel right around the world many times over until almost every child is touched by it in one way other another.

We also had local legends. One was rather funny ... there was a hill named after Simpson and his donkey (WW1 heroes). The kids, for some reason, used to freak out around Anzac Day (WW1 memorial holiday) because they thought he was an evil ghost haunting the hill. I'd have to laugh at it now, if Simpson was haunting the hill, he certainly couldn't pick a more boring spot and he wouldn't exactly be the Devil Incarnate!

Later on, we studied Bloody Mary in history, as in Henry V111's daughter and Queen Elizabeth 1's sister. She was a nasty one, the last rite of Catholic rule in England before protestantism took over and the Bishop of Canterbury started wandering around in frou frou frocks. It certainly took the wind out of the story's sails. Dang, she was just another boring historical figure.

The veracity of this legend will be forever in question, but one universal truth still remains. It really is not a good idea to mess with the occult - whether or not evil entities exist is irrelevant, as some have been known to go mad with fear. I have seen some rather weird stuff in my time and I'd never mess with it again.

Cheshirekatt
08-18-2003, 12:23 AM
I went to beauty school with a girl from Columbia. I was teasing her about the Boogie Man and she told me about Mano Peluda (sp?). Roughly translated it's the Hairy Hand that reaches out from under the bed to grab little kids legs! :eek:

GoldenRetrLuver
08-18-2003, 01:02 AM
I'm not sure if I would ever try it...I don't like to mess with the "unknown"....whether it be true or not, I won't be the one to find out...

CamCamPup33
08-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
I'm not sure if I would ever try it...I don't like to mess with the "unknown"....whether it be true or not, I won't be the one to find out...

lol me either.. im a chicken when it comes to stuff like that. :rolleyes: :D

pitc9
08-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Another thing I did as a little kid was "I am you"

You were to sit in a dark room, sit facing your friend, hold hands, close your eyes, and repeat 5 times
"I am you, you are me and we are eachother"
You were then to open your eyes and were supposed to see the other person's face look all crazy and stuff, I never saw anything in my friends face, but she always said my face turned weird, and that I looked like the devil. But I think she just said that stuff to scare me!! ......................it worked!!!!

RubyMutt
08-19-2003, 07:51 PM
When I was in elementary school I had a good friend who was very superstitious and completely TERRIFIED of things like that. She used to have sleepovers pretty often and when she did a few of us would go in the bathroom and try to "summon" Bloody Mary and the Candy Man just to freak her out. :D We were so mean ... ;)

cubby31682
08-19-2003, 08:21 PM
OMG I remember that. I use to have nightmares about Bloody Mary so one day my Mom took me in the bath room with both hands on my sholders and told me to turn around 3 times and say her name, when I did I opened my eyes and turned my head right into her belly, and asked her if there was anything there, she SCREAMED really loud and told me I had to look and see what it was. I of course screamed and started crying all I could hear was my mom laughing and I turned around and looked at the mirror and really screamed some how a cat got in before we went in to the bathroom, and it scared the crap out of me. It was stading there looking at me trying to figure out why I was screaming. After my mom made me do that, she explained that it isn't real and that she made me do that just to prove to my self it wasn't real (but I told my dad that my mom was afraid of Bloody Mary more than I was so I had to go with her.) For some reason he didn't seem to believe me.:confused:

Katie

kittens
08-19-2003, 10:32 PM
I tried that too, as a kid, nothing happend. except my imagination, the first time, the next couple times nothing happend and I gave up on it.

anyone ever use a ouija (sp?) board?

RubyMutt
08-20-2003, 12:05 AM
lol... I had some interesting ouija board experiences in my middle school days :D They're fun.

Kfamr
08-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Is Ouija That one thing where you and another person put your fingers on that plastic thing and you ask a question? Then it moves aorund and gives you the answer?

GoldenRetrLuver
08-20-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Is Ouija That one thing where you and another person put your fingers on that plastic thing and you ask a question? Then it moves aorund and gives you the answer?

Yes. :)

Kfamr
08-20-2003, 01:30 AM
Oooo.. I like that game. It's very spooky.

My friend and I played it once at her house, and her mother had those ghost things that make noises when you walk by. It was aorund halloween time. Well, we were playing underneath one of those things, and it fell on us! We were so scared that whole night.

:p :rolleyes:

Nomilynn
08-20-2003, 03:43 AM
I would never take the chance :o Even to this day I won't go into a bathroom without a light on or a window open. I may be a chicken but at least I'm cautious!!!! :o :D

tikeyas_mom
08-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
lol... I had some interesting ouija board experiences in my middle school days :D They're fun.

I also had a very interesting ouiji board experience where one of my friends got possesed and it ruined our friendship, she is a skitso, I am so scared of her. :eek:. :(:( :o:o

moosmom
08-20-2003, 09:21 AM
Personally, I take mine with Absolut Vodka, horse radish, salt, pepper and a big fat stick of celery!! :D YUMMY!!!

2kitties
08-20-2003, 09:26 AM
I'm with moosmom! Great with brunch!

moosmom
08-20-2003, 09:35 AM
UH-HUH!!!! :p

binka_nugget
08-20-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm terrified of bloody mary lol. Even if it does sound...iffy, I'd rather not do anything about it. I won't go into any room with a mirror unless the lights are on and I try avoiding looking at it...lol..good for two reasons, the bloody mary thing and not having to look at me :D.

cali
08-20-2003, 07:05 PM
ahh just a bunch of cr*p for fun! I do lots of things like that for fun, I really like doing stiff as a board light as a feather, and a trick or treating thing that makes you feel either heavy or ligh depending on how you do it, but those are more mind over matter games, they really work :D oh and "dogbite" and catscratch" are fun too! you have to have pale skin though, those are fun what you do is on someones back you gently pat your hands and either run your fingers over there back for catscratch, or sqeeze a little on ther back for dog bite, and say a little thing with it "your walking home one day come come across some .............. they kill you and you go to heaven, but its not human heaven its .......... heaven they all attck you and you die and go to human heaven." and for catscratch a big scratch appears down the persons back in a spot you never touched them, and for dogbite a bite mark apears on th epersons back again where you never toughed them:eek: its cool!