PDA

View Full Version : Michigan? PetTalk Meeting 2002?

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-29-2001, 03:09 PM
Just thought I'd break the meeting thread apart so that we don't all confuse ourselves!

For those of you interested in a Michigan area Pet Talk gathering, what time of year is best, and do you have any suggestions for meeting spots?

Late Spring/Early Summer seems best for me at this point. I had mentioned the Toledo Zoo (Toledo is practically in Michigan - just two miles away from the border!) as a possible outing. I know there's lots of fun things to do in the Detroit area (dinner at Pizza Papali's - yum!), but I don't know how pet-related they are!

Like I said, this thread is to get things started, some brainstorming, to see:
-how many of us will attend
-if we would need to stay overnight
-would we be bringing our pets
-what time of year/specific date works best
-where we can gather

Any thoughts? :rolleyes:

Logan
11-29-2001, 03:36 PM
I am ruling nothing out!! Our Texas trip must be either during Helen's Spring Break, which is scheduled for April 1-5 (so the weekend before and after work), or a summertime visit work for us. But, if we don't go to Texas and the commissions are rolling in, I will not rule out a Michigan trip in lieu of Texas.

Don't schedule around us, but I will make sure I know when you plan to meet. The worst part is that in Michigan, I cannot plan on bringing my girls, who would love to meet you all!! :(

aly
11-29-2001, 03:42 PM
Don't schedule around me either because I can't say for sure, but I could possibly make a Michigan meeting. My grandparents live in the Detroit area and I am due to visit them sometime around summer anyway! Keep me posted if you guys make definate plans.

thelmalu99
11-29-2001, 04:24 PM
I'm also not ruling anything out-I'd love to be able to attend all of the Pet Talk meetings. I guess the Dallas one is first? Like in April or somewhere around there? Hmmm...we'll see. I'll keep Michigan in mind.
:)

KayAnn
11-29-2001, 04:39 PM
Im not too sure if we are going up there or not in 2002... my father has a bad back... but if so it would be around the end of june early july. i really hope to meet you all, and your furbabies.. of course, Simba will be coming if we do go.

KayAnn
11-29-2001, 04:40 PM
oh yeah by the way.. im on my other computer that is why this name comes up ;)

shais_mom
11-30-2001, 12:23 AM
I am good for the Michigan/Toledo Area Meeting. Whenever or whereever is fine with me.
Would love it to be this Spring tho, don't want to wait till this summer!! Too excited now!!
There are probably more pet friendly things in the Detroit/Toledo area, than the rural areas I am slightly familiar with.
If we go to the zoo are the dogs allowed to go? Or would they stay at the hotel??

mugsy
11-30-2001, 08:06 AM
I can do a Toledo/Michigan thing on a weekend. I will again offer the Fort Wayne Zoo which is really cool. If anyone is interested in that I will check into pet friendly motels here and some people can stay with us if they want to. If it's during the summer it doesn't matter when it is. I don't know if Mike will come or not.