PDA

View Full Version : REALLY mad at my mother-in-law!!!!

NoahsMommy
08-16-2003, 09:40 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hmmmm.....my daughter-in-law has SIX cats, volunteers all her free time at the Humane Society (READ: NO KILL) and is involved in TNR (feral cat fix and rescue)...hmmm, I think I'll just drop off these five kittens at the local animal control office!!! Hmmm...yea....

I'm so pissed off. I can't even tell you. Well....I guess I AM telling you. ;)

My mother and father-in-law manage a storage unit place and live on the premises. She recently said they are getting "wild" cats in the bushes and they are having babies. I told her to let me know when a good time was for her and I would get cages, trap them, fix them and find homes for the kittens, and give her back the adults (she wants them to eat all the mice, rats, etc.).

Well, we finally got a call today saying that she wanted me to help her. She told me she already took one litter to the pound!!!!! I was so mad! I wasn't rude, but I made sure she understood the severity of her decision. (I KNOW she didn't want to tell me cause I'm SURE she thought we'd keep them...come on, give me some credit...if I did that, I'd have about 20 cats by now!! I DO have common sense and restraint!!) So, before any more kittens get sent off to the slaughter, I'm going to help her catch them on Monday.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

NoahsMommy
08-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Candy
I'm very sorry to hear that she did that.
Do you think you could retrieve them before anything bad happens to them?
Candy
I'm going to ask the person that I get the cages from...she seems to have contacts at that animal control. I'll let you know. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Kelly, hopefully you'll be able to retrieve the litter of kittens. I also want to wish you luck in trapping the other cats and kittens. Good luck and please keep us updated. :)

IttyBittyKitty
08-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Noah'sMummy, I admire your restraint ... I would have told the mum-in-law exactly what I thought, no holds barred! :mad: :mad: :mad:

What kind of an excuse is it that she thought you might keep the kittens. What's so bad about that? It's better than sending them to an uncertain future. She is merely trying to excuse her own shortcomings in the matter, her own laziness. You have every right to be MAD and I do hope you are able to help those poor kitties.

rg_girlca
08-16-2003, 11:04 PM
We give you credit and know you have common sense and restraint. How come your mother-in-law doesn't know this?

I hope you are able to retrieve these little ones and are able to find good homes for them.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Cheshirekatt
08-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Oh man....I wish we could get those kittens out here! They go like hot cakes in this area. There really aren't very many kittens around here (which is a good thing!).

wolflady
08-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Kelly, how awful for you! I would be mad too. Believe me, I can relate. My mom found out about my dog and started harping about how nasty my house was with 3 cats and that I was turning into a hoarder! :mad: That just really frosted my cookies. I'm sorry, but I do know how many I can provide for, and 3 cats and 1 dog is enough for me.
I hope you and your mum-in-law can catch the kitties tomorrow. I know you will do what's best for them. I'm sorry you had to experience that. Let me know how it goes.
**hugs**
Karen

bisi.cat
08-17-2003, 02:02 AM
FAMILY, they can be a blessing, but they can be also a pain in the b...!!!:( :mad:

I hope your m-i-l has learned from this at least...no one has to tell you how to live happily and this was the very wrong way, because it has offended you and risked the life of the kittens...:(

I hope very much that you'll be able to retrieve the kittens...and that your p-i-l will be more attentive to things like this the next time...

Good luck!!!