PDA

View Full Version : Bassett updates and other news....

Nomilynn
08-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Well, not really but I had to think of a thread title :) Because Gini requested an update SO nicely, I thought I would let you all know how GREAT Bassett is doing! The burn on her left is gone, and the one on her right side is still there but growing smaller by the day. She doesn't need any bandages or cones anymore.. the burn still bleeds from time to time but I just keep and eye on it and it isn't bothering her or anything at all. Her breathing is really good, and she hasn't needed any medical attention now for a while!! YAY!! :) Also, when my vet was boarding her, they said that she's so feisty they can't give her her medications (her blood pressure meds) at all anymore, which I take to be a very good sign! :) She takes her meds well from me still, so she's not in any danger.

Tilly and Nutmeg are also doing well, and it seems the better Bassett gets, the better they all get along. I've noticed a *slow* change in Tilly.. I think it's because Bassett is starting to fight back and Tilly is therefore starting to back off :p Right now, the only issue is Tilly is puking up a lot of hairballs (it's GROSS) so she's taking Furball Remedy and I got her some hairball control food which she likes to eat. So, all in all, things are good here :)

Thanks for asking, Gini!

PS - I'll work on Nate to get some new pictures soon. He's a bit of a camera hog!!! :eek: :D

Cataholic
08-16-2003, 08:54 PM
You know how they say, "no news is good news"? That is how I felt about Bassett. You are due for some good times. I am pleased to hear how wonderful Bassett, Tilly and Nutmeg are doing.

NoahsMommy
08-16-2003, 09:25 PM
That is great news Nom! :)

Give them all kisses for me...give Nutmeg kisses for David. ;)

rg_girlca
08-16-2003, 09:30 PM
This warms my heart to hear how well Bassett is doing. You've come a long way baby girl.

I hope the hairball remedy helps with your Tilly.

Ahhhh Naomi, please give them all hugs and kisses for me.

This is such great news.

krazyaboutkatz
08-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Naomi, this is wonderful news. :D I'm so glad to hear that Bassett has her tortitude back and is doing well. :) It's also good to hear that Tilly and Nutmeg are doing well too. Thanks for the update. :)

anna_66
08-16-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks for letting us know:D

Cheshirekatt
08-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Glad to hear things are going so well! That's great news. :D

Give all your kids some scritchies from me. :)

gini
08-16-2003, 11:58 PM
Ha Hah!! I love it, Bassett has tortitude back in a big way. That tells me that she is doing just fine.

Ah, Bassett, there are so many of us that wish you the longest life filled with plenty of torti-moments.

Could you please go over and give Naomi a few kisses now.......you have an extraordinary human Mom you know!

bisi.cat
08-17-2003, 02:12 AM
I still have to catch up on a lot of past posts, but I've already read quite a bit about Bassett's story...and I'm glad to learn that she's recovering now and being a happy cat again...

Such news are always the very best!!!:D

BastetsMum
08-17-2003, 06:24 AM
thanks for letting us know! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-17-2003, 08:29 AM
Great news! I'm so glad Bassett is getting back to normal again! You have both been through SO much recently!

Big scritchies to Bassett:D

kimlovescats
08-17-2003, 10:49 AM
WONDERFUl...thanks for the update!

Kirsten
08-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Great news!!! I'm so happy for you and Bassett! :)

Kirsten

ChrisH
08-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Wonderful news!!:) :)

Randi
08-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Naomi, I'm so happy to hear that Bassett is doing so fine. :) You are a wonderful kitty mom! :D

Brush Tilly all you can - and no more hairballs. :)

Scritchies to you all!

Miss Meow
08-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Go Bassett!!! Thanks for the update. It's great to have a good news story after all you've been through :)

Steffi N
08-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Naomi, I am very happy that Bassett is doing so well. It's good that our girl is getting her tortietude back. I hope that the Furball Remedy helps with Tilly's hairballs. And hello to you too, Nutmeg. Pets for all of you.

Felicia's Mom
08-17-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm glad things are going well for you and your babies.

Dogz
08-17-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm so glad that Bassett is doing so well! Thanks for the update!:) This is great news.

Vio&Juni
08-18-2003, 07:59 AM
I was thinking about Bassett some days ago. Glad she's ok.

ScantyNebula
08-18-2003, 08:18 AM
Excellent! I'm glad to hear they are all doing so well, especially sweet Bassett, with all she's been through!

ramanth
08-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the udate Naomi!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Such wonderful news to start out my Monday with! :D

slick
08-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Sorry I'm late getting to this thread. I was off work last week. So glad to hear that Bassett is doing well. Please give them all kisses from me.

HayleyRosie
08-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Sorry I'm late. I'm glad to hear she is doing so well. Give them all scritchies for me.