PDA

View Full Version : Do Your Ears Hang Low?

dukedogsmom
08-16-2003, 07:40 PM
I don't really remember how this got started but years and years ago, my mom started playing with Duke's ears and singing that song when he came over to her while she was sitting on the couch. Well, now Duke comes over to her specifically to have it done! And it is so cute. He always turns his head to make sure his mama is watching and then looks so happy. As soon as she's finished, he walks away. He just love it! Here is a pic of them. What quirky things do your dogs make you do?
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/momearsong1.jpg

cocker_luva
08-16-2003, 07:47 PM
that's soo cute!

KYS
08-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Cute picture. :)

lizbud
08-16-2003, 09:24 PM
That is so funny. Duke does look like he just loves the attention
from his "grandma". :D :D I remember hearing that old song as
a kid. It was a summer camp favorite.LOL. Smokey also likes for
me to sing to him. I just make up silly songs to sing while I play
with his feet or rub his belly.:D :D

clara4457
08-16-2003, 10:46 PM
I remember that song!!!

Do your ears hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them o'er your shoulder
like a continental soldier?
Do your ears hang low?

Do your ears hang high?
Do they reach up to the sky?
Do they droop when they are wet?
Do they stiffen when they're dry?
Can you semaphore your neighbour
with a minimum of labour?
Do your ears hang high?

Do your ears flip-flop?
Can you use them for a mop?
Are they stringy at the bottom?
Are they curly at the top?
Can you use them for a swatter?
Can you use them for a blotter?
Do your ears flip-flop?

Do your ears hang out?
Can you waggle them about?
Can you flip them up and down
as you fly around the town?
Can you shut them up for sure
when you hear an awful bore?
Do your ears hang out?

Okay - my age is showing!:D :D

Cheshirekatt
08-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Here's Wilma with her dingo dog ears!

Rachel
08-17-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
What quirky things do your dogs make you do?

Hannah has a special way to *ask for a massage*. She will sit facing away from me, but as close as she can get to me and that is the signal for me to give her a doggie massage.

Tucker gets me up in the morning by shaking himself so the tags on his collar jingle. If at first I *don't notice* ;) (and stay in the bed) he just keep it up. No falling back to sleep with that distraction!

Dukes mom and Clara...thanks for the words to the song. I'll have to commit a verse of two to memory. It's a perfect song for me to sing to Tucker...whose ears do hang low.

RubyMutt
08-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Aww, that is so sweet! :)

bluekat
08-17-2003, 09:32 AM
LOL, that's so cute!

ChloeLove
08-17-2003, 09:34 AM
Haha! That is so adorable! :D

Chloe loves belly rubs and whenever she wants them, she rams her head into you and rolls around snorting for a while then lays on her back and opens her mouth! LOL, she loves it though, and it's so cute when she does it. I'm gonna get a video of her doing it. We call it 'gah' don't ask why.

lovemyshiba
08-17-2003, 09:34 AM
How cute!!!!

I remember the song too, and I'm sure it will be in my head now for a few days--it's the perfect song for me to sing to Abbey.

Kito asks for a massage by sitting on the floor by the couch and turning his head back so far it's about to come off, and looking at me like "moooooooommmmmmmm!!!"

Riley loves for me to sing to him--especially when he comes and lays by the shower when I'm in there.

pitc9
08-17-2003, 10:46 AM
Neither of mine do anything like that..... all they like to do is go outside and chase each other and play!
(..speaking of...both are nudging my arm right now to go outside....)

lizbud
08-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Oh no, now I've got this song stuck in my head.:D I had to
look up a link to the melody.

http://www.gardenofsong.com/babybumblebee.html

If Smokey weren't snoozing now, I'd sing it to him.:D :D Well,
dukedogsmom, looks like you've started something at my house.:)

Toby's Mommy
08-17-2003, 11:29 AM
O SO CUTE!!!

tatsxxx11
08-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Great thread, DDM!!:D What a precious pair...G'Mom and her Duke boy!:) Add me to the chorus who will be humming that tune ALL DAY LONG! (Never did know the last 3 verses! Thanks Clara!:D) When my Cody wants a bellyrub, she'll come to wherever am I and "toe pick" (paw at my leg) until I say "What??" Then she plops over on her back, paws neatly folded, awaitng her belly rub. At night, when she sitting by my feet, I'll start to massage her toes and paw pads; her eyes start to close, her bottom jaw drops, her head starts to bob and she nods off...sitting up!:)

My RB kitty, Satin loved it when her daddy would sing her the "teapot" song. She was a little bit on the short and stout side!;) He would hold her "sitting" on his lap, taking an "arm" in each of his hands and help her "act out" the words to the verse...

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
Here is my handle, here is my spout
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout
Just tip me over and pour me out!!

Hard to describe...use your imagination!!:D

dukedogsmom
08-17-2003, 07:46 PM
I just laughed and laughed when I saw all the words to the song! Didn't know there were that many verses. A few years ago, my mom found the perfect birthday card for me. On the front, it said "Do Your B**bs Hang Low?" She said she laughed so much in the store that my dad went to another area of the store out of embarrassment. Too funny,

lizbud
08-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Poor Dad...:o :o

I would have laughed too. :D I once got that verse & cartoon
picture in an e-mail from a lady at work. It made the rounds to
all the women at the office. Too funny....:)

pitc9
08-18-2003, 07:56 AM
I first read this post Sunday morning, and now it's Monday morning and I'm at work......and I want you all to know that I am STILL SINGING THAT SONG!!!!!!

Do your ears hang low...........

dukedogsmom
08-18-2003, 08:32 PM
That cracks me up! Sounds like you were at work all weekend :(