PDA

View Full Version : Today I fell in love with a kitten...

Amber
08-16-2003, 01:59 PM
This is how the story goes....

Yesterday night my friend asked me to help her babysit. So I said yeah. So the next day I come over and I found out they had 2 baby kittens. The kids mom's house always had kittens droped off their door-step. Their were 2 kits.One was very big and the other was teeny-tiny. The big one looked 8-9weeks old and the other looked too young. anyways they were keeping the bigger male cat. So the small one was left with no home. As always I got very attach with this boy. When I had time, I would get "my" baby boy out to play. He was a very calm and playful. he loved belly rubs!! He was adorable! I didnt like where they kept and how they where fed. They were kept in the sunroom with NO AIR!
gosh is felt like 100 degrees!! I felt SO bad! and she was feeding them adult cat-food. Luckily I saw some Iams kitten food and got them new food and cold water. and the baby kit's whiskers WERE CUT OFF!!! why?/ I ask the little girl why they were cut off and she says my grandma did, she said he didnt like them. Oh Come on! ya right!! :mad: jeez! and the mom asked me if I would like to keep the baby. and when I went home I was teling my mom about it and my dad. Jeez my dad just has to make dumb re-marks! I got me mad. when I went to my room my mom comes in and was talking to me. She was saying if your dad wasnt here we would get that cat in a heartbeat. but my dad isnt like that. So I guess Im not geting him. Unless I cant prove and Show that I can take on *extra* responsibilities. and when I came home maggie was sniffing me and licking my hand. From the smell of the kitten. Is this good or bad?? sorry for blabbing but it hurts when you get attached to something then it get took away from you. :(

cubby31682
08-16-2003, 03:00 PM
What I would do, I got tired of asking my dad for a new pet and at the time we had a few cats, and when ever i seen a cat that I liked and wanted I would just bring it home. My dad never knew the differance, the only thing he could tell was the dog when my brother stole a dog out of some guys lawn. Ok I know that's mean but, the first owner of bella was kicking her not playfully but out of anger so my brother stole her. My parents noticed a 50lb dog in our yard though. But as soon as we told them the story my mom told us to get her out of the yard then my dad came home and bent down to pet bella and she ran to the corner of the fence and started crying so we got to keep her.

Also I'm sorry for the kittens being treated like that. I would make a few phone calls about the way they treat their animals. There is no reason to cut off whiskers or lock them in a sun room when it is really hot out. We only locked our cats in the sun room so we could vacuume and so we didn't get attacked or anything like that. I would report that honestly.

Katie

Amber
08-16-2003, 03:46 PM
yes I really should call. but im afraid but it would be the best thing to do. Couple minits ago I was telling my mom all about the kitten and she seems she wants the fella! ;)