PDA

View Full Version : Finally! I could get on again!!!

bluekat
08-16-2003, 09:33 AM
I'm sure you guys heard about that power outage. I live in Toronto, so our power was out. It was out on Thursday around four fifteen, and luckily, we got the power back on Friday morning.
It wasn't exactly fun, since I couldn't get on the computer, couldn't watch TV, and listen to the radio, and all that. At first we didn't even know what was going on without the radio. Then my sister called from downtown, and she had to walk home, like many others. She walked for 4 hours!:eek: We couldn't go out because of our garage door. It wouldn't open, and the traffic lights were out, and everything was just crazy.
So I spent most of the day reading.
Then, we had cold soup for dinner, lol, and then at night, we went out to look at the stars:) It was really fun, everything was dark, and all we could see were stars. The sky was full of stars. We saw the Big Dipper, and at least 3 shooting stars. A lot of people were outside, just walking around.
Yesterday, some people didn't even have their power back on yet, I don't know if they have it yet today. I hope we don't lose our power. It was really really hot yesterday, and we didn't want to put the A/C on yet. But we just couldn't stand it, and put it on for the night:o
Yesterday afternoon, we went out to buy food! It was crazy in there. FULL of people, and everyone bought a lot of food. When we were leaving, people had to line up to go in.
Then we went for gas. The line up was all the way down the street! Cars kept on coming every few seconds.
But at least we got our power back, and this morning, luckily I was able to get back on the Internet:D

kingrattus
08-16-2003, 09:40 AM
I was in the dark too (ottawa), but how did u live with no tv & cold food?? icky :P We were the only ppl in the whole area (that we know of) that had tv. We also had hot food. It good to be living with Geeks & campers :)

primabella
08-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Maybe it happened so people could appreciate the little things in life - like stars. :) Glad your back on. :D

ChloeLove
08-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Oh yes! The stars were so lovely!! I went out and looked at so many constellations, and even saw Mars!!

tomkatzid
08-16-2003, 11:22 AM
I saw Mars twice last week. It was wonderful;)

pitc9
08-16-2003, 03:21 PM
I've seen Mars a few times last week, in the morning (at 5:00am) I could see the moon and Mars out my kitchen window!

Yes, I was with out power around 4:00, but it came back on at 11:20 Thursday night.

bluekat
08-16-2003, 05:48 PM
We still have power, but still couldn't put on the A/C yet, so its very hot here.
We tried to look for Mars the other night, but we didn't know which one it was. There were a couple of bright stars. But yesterday, since the power was back on, all we could see was two stars.:p