PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading??

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-16-2003, 08:35 AM
I thought it would be fun to find out what other PT'ers are reading!

Right now I am reading:

Into Temptation by Penny Vincenzi (Final book in her Spoils of Time trilogy) - pure escapism!

High Noon: The Inside Story of Scott McNealy and the Rise of Sun Microsystems, and

The Power of Now - How Winning Companies sense and Respond to Change Using Real-Time Technology

So what are YOU reading?????

babolaypo65
08-16-2003, 08:36 AM
I'm reading:
The Fourth Hand by John Irving
and
The Second Harry Potter book

ChloeLove
08-16-2003, 08:45 AM
I'm reading a few books (mostly trying to get all of them done by back to school for book reports :eek: )

The Firm by John Grisham
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Animal Farm by George Orwell

And non summer reading books I'm reading:
Sumer of My German Soldier (I forget who wrote it)
The Giver (for the billionth time, lol) by Lois Lowry

babolaypo65
08-16-2003, 08:49 AM
I loved Summer of My German Soldier. and....They made a movie of it in the 70s.

ChloeLove
08-16-2003, 08:57 AM
They did?? I have to see it, I LOVE this book, I'm reading it for thr 20th time, lol

babolaypo65
08-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Might be hard to find.... I'll look around for it here too...

Here's the info:
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0078341

Edit: HOLY COW! half.com has it for 38 dollars (that's the cheapest!). Guess it depends on how much you reeeeeally want to see it.

Check the video store. They may have it.

ChloeLove
08-16-2003, 09:02 AM
I just told my mom we're renting that! Thanks! :D

ChrisH
08-16-2003, 09:07 AM
I just borrowed these 3 books from the library today. Two fiction and one non-fiction.

A Means to Evil by John Trenhaile

Hand in Glove by Robert Goddard

And lastly, The Complete Idiot`s Guide to Chosing, Training, and Raising a Dog by Sarah Hodgeson
(No, I am not planning on getting another dog! I got this book because it looks like a fun read, and, although I have owned and trained a number of dogs in my time, I reckon I am still not to old or set in my ways to learn something new. Especially where getting Bob to behave is concerned!:D)

I also got the lastest issues of Your Dog and Your Cat magazines.....yikes, I don`t know where to start!
:D :D

Pam
08-16-2003, 09:41 AM
I am currently reading Distant Shores by Kristin Hannah. This is the second book I have read by this author. I love these book threads because they give me ideas of some good books that I might not hear about otherwise.

primabella
08-16-2003, 09:46 AM
I'm into the Agatha Cristie's so my dad went out and bought some more books.
I'm reading "The mirror Crack'd from side to side" now and next will be "Black Coffee" "A murder is announced" and "and then there were none" :D

CathyBogart
08-16-2003, 10:19 AM
I just finished "Naked Empire" by Terry Goodkind...don't get wierd about the title, it's a perfectly harmless fantasy book.

Currently I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. :)

Uabassoon
08-16-2003, 10:59 AM
I'm reading "The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge" by Carlos Castandeda

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-16-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm reading "Ashes to Ashes," by Tami Hoag. I pretty much just "judged the book by it's cover" when choosing it at the store... I was in a hurry. It's ok. It'd be better if every other word wasn't a curse word.

tomkatzid
08-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Indigo Dying by Susan Wittig Albert

bisi.cat
08-16-2003, 11:26 AM
I've recently finished "Notes from a Big Country" by Bill Bryson and have started with "Solo's Journey" by Joy Smith Aiken...just the perfect read for a lazy summer day...or two...;)

Cincy'sMom
08-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Right now I am working my way through Jonathon Kellerman's "Alex Delaware" books. I have also read several books recently by Melissa Cleary and Laurien Bereson

magcpen
08-16-2003, 01:13 PM
I just finished "The Golden Compass" by Phillip Pullman for school, and I'm now reading comic books, because I think I will explode if I have to read anything else serious. Specifically, I just bought "It's a Dog's Life Snoopy" by Charles Schulz and I'm re-re-re-re-re-reading " Seven Years of Highly Defective People" by Scott Adams.

binka_nugget
08-16-2003, 01:16 PM
I'm reading Harry Potter 5 and Give your dog a bone.

Desert Arabian
08-16-2003, 01:33 PM
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. I am in the middle of it. I am also reading Chicken Soup for the Horse Lovers Soul.

:D

Kfamr
08-16-2003, 01:37 PM
I'm not reading anything but Pet Talk. :p

The Cat Factory
08-16-2003, 03:20 PM
I am reading The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (I'm almost finished), The Hobbit again, and the Silmarillion. They are all by J.R.R Tolkien :)

slleipnir
08-16-2003, 06:08 PM
The Hidden Life Of Humans *I think..* It's about a lady and a dog who both have trust issues..well maybe not really the dog..its a weird book however..the story is told by both the lady and the dog..

wolfsoul
08-16-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm reading People of the Wolf, by W. Micheal Gear. :) It's a good story.