PDA

View Full Version : Could Juni Rose be another Graemer?

sasvermont
08-16-2003, 07:44 AM
The two girls, hanging out during a rain storm last week.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p390c2394d69ac334131e5936e2e1cae1/fb5fef21.jpg

Ok, Mom, now we are ready for our photo to be taken!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p1be514940d9b6cccc4f6643c636c4d10/fb5fef2b.jpg

Here I am, Juni Rose, digging at the oh so familiar ceiling tile that Graemer used to try to pop open!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p03bc5d720c7c788a2127463c8a40e959/fb5fef27.jpg

Well, Miley joined me, much to my horror. Now how can both of us walk around up here. Help Graemer, where are you when I need you?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p0a3131e5b9dca4450b929c4e9852ed18/fb5fef24.jpg

I think Miley is going to win this fight! She's much bigger and hey, she's been up here on this door top for months now!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p8b40a4b78d9417c11b9b9ba35f7fd870/fb5fef22.jpg

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-16-2003, 07:49 AM
Your two kitties are SO gorgeous - I can't get enough pics of them lying together in the cat tree! But my heart skips a beat every time I see them balancing on doors! Be Careful!!!:eek:

anna_66
08-16-2003, 07:52 AM
They are just gorgeous together! I'm so glad to see & hear that they are getting along well:)

Pam
08-16-2003, 07:58 AM
FANTASTIC PICTURES!!!

Oh boy it does my heart good to see these pictures! What a couple of cutie patooties! Oh Sallyanne I know are just enjoying every minute watching these two acrobats perform! LOL! (Do you think you should rig up some sort of a net?) LOL! Thank you for this post! Hopefully it will be just one of many, many more! I will stay tuned! Lots of love to the two aby monkeys!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-16-2003, 08:07 AM
it is so heartwarming to see those two cuddled up in those pictures!

Miley looks like a big smiley face in the first picture!!:D

Randi
08-16-2003, 08:15 AM
Sallyanne,

I'm happy to see they get along so well. :) Miley has already forgotten all about Ti - hope he's thriving in his new home!

The pictures are great, I love the one where they're laying together, so relaxed. Juni is a quick learner - sitting all the way up there on the door. :eek: They seem to be best friends now. It's great!!

ChrisH
08-16-2003, 09:25 AM
Thanks Sallyanne, those are such wonderful pictures!:) They are both so beautiful! It is SO great to see Miley smiling, :D and to see her and Juni getting on so well together! Making me smile a lot too!!!:) :) And I bet a whole lot of other Pettalkers!

Chris

bisi.cat
08-16-2003, 09:52 AM
They look purrfect and very very content...enjyoing each others company!!!
What more can a cat's purrson ask for...these pictures truly touch my heart!!!:D :D :D
You've just made my day, Sallyanne...THANKS!!!;)

Barbara
08-16-2003, 09:52 AM
Have you ever thought that Graemer's soul could have started a new life in another Abyssinian kitty?

Anyway I am sure he sent Juni right to your house:)

I just cannot believe that Miley still walks on top of the doors. Filou and Tigris didn't do that trick anymore since they are older than two years.

It's so gorgeous to see these familiar games again. Could you have believed that Miley's psychological recovery went that quick? She's really a little fighter.

Kissies and scritchies to both of them and a hug for you:)

Cookiebaker
08-16-2003, 10:38 AM
What an adorable pair of little monkeys!! :D

Cincy'sMom
08-16-2003, 12:20 PM
What adorable pictures!!! Miley and Juni seem to perfect together!!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks for sharing these great pics Sallyanne. :D It's so good to see Miley happy again and getting along with her new sister Juni. I look forward to many more happy pictures. :) BTW I'm sure that Graemer's spirit still comes to visit Miley and now Juni too. :)

sasvermont
08-16-2003, 04:24 PM
I just cannot tell you how relaxed my house is now, since Ti moved out of state! Miley and Juni are both more relaxed.

I had lunch with a few friends today and I mentioned that Ti had been rehomed. No one could recall the last time they saw Miley, as she has been "in hiding" for so long, well, since March 18th.

Thank you for all of the compliments - they are monkeys, aren't they? I think Miley will always be "at the top" of doors, but I am not sure about Juni. She doesn't seem to have the same obsession as Miley..... Graemer was the cat with obsessive behaviour.

I brought work home with me to do tonight and tomorrow, so I expect to have cats walking all over the mess, creating even more of a mess. I shall take a few more pictures and post them!

Thanks again for the cute and positive comments!

SAS:cool:

kimlovescats
08-16-2003, 05:15 PM
What wonderful pictures... just sooooooo happy for you all!!!:D

Vermontcat
08-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Sas, it is so nice to see smiling, happy photos of your two monkey girls!:)
As Juni gets bigger it will be harder for you to know which one is which!

I was up visiting relatives near you on Thursday but was too busy to give you a call.
Next time I am up there I will try to call you so I can see how big Juni is in person!:)

BastetsMum
08-16-2003, 05:52 PM
YAY!

Your beautiful babies look sooooooo happy now!

I am glad that things have definately settled down for you Sas.

auggie
08-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Wonderful to see Miley so relaxed and happy again.
They both look so cute together.:)

rg_girlca
08-16-2003, 09:17 PM
Awwww it's so good to see your B E A U T I F U L girls together so relaxed and carefree.

MMM it makes me wonder though with Juni Rose picking at the same tile that Graemer did.

Makes me wonder what could be under that tile.:eek: LOL

NoahsMommy
08-16-2003, 09:29 PM
Gosh...look at those two! They look so much alike and they look so happy to be together, relaxing, playing on the door. :D

SAS....your pictures made me think. How are Aby's when you have 1 vs. more than 1? Are they still really lovey to you? Or do they give that love to each other?

I know I'll always have an Aby in my life...now I'm wondering if I'll "need" two in my life, always. ;)

Gosh...they are so cute!!!

BastetsMum
08-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Bastet is part of a multi aby household - nasty split up - my ex boyfriend and myself thought it better to split the two or go to court fighting each other for both - Prattley was 4 years older than Bastet and a Tawny, and Bastet was 12 months at the time and a fawn. They both were the biggest smooges you could imagine.

Pics to come when I find them to scan them in :)

Aby's are one person cats usually but do well in multi cat households.

Rachel
08-17-2003, 06:33 AM
What a joy to see these two interacting and enjoying each other's company without a care in the world, and I imagine there is one more being who is more relaxed at Camp Vermont........................ SAS:cool: Right?

Pam
08-17-2003, 06:41 AM
Sallyanne - my boys can walk on top of doors too! LOL!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p54bcc306a1a42990d610504109180e39/fd6c8ac6.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p3f63bb37dfc6b51aff88f67ecf353945/fd6c8ace.jpg
Oh well, maybe its not REALLY them. :D

neko1
08-17-2003, 08:21 AM
Great pictures, they look so happy and relaxed together!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-19-2003, 11:23 AM
:eek: :eek:
I can't believe that little Juni picked the exact same tile to scratch at that Graemer did! If he is not reincarnated in her, his spirit is definitely there guiding her and showing her all the "best" places to get in trouble. :D

Like everyone said, it's so wonderful to see pics of your two happy, relaxed girls again. Miley is looking wonderful and that Juni is such a little imp! :D

Randy_K
08-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Sallyanne, I haven't been keeping up on the Ti saga. I'm so pleased to see that his departure had a very positive effect on Miley and that he went to a good home too. Those two girls will become more and more like sisters.

I think it's possible the spirits of our lost pets may advise our new ones.

shais_mom
08-20-2003, 12:57 AM
My what beautiful kitties you have!!!
:D
I just wanna rub their sleek coats!

HayleyRosie
08-20-2003, 06:01 AM
Its great to see pictures of Miley and Juni Rose playing together. I love the pictures of them on the top of the door.

Christiansmommy
08-20-2003, 06:10 AM
How did i miss this thread? It is so nice to see Miley and Juni all snuggled up together!! I am so happy for Miley...she's felt like the odd man out for awhile now and she finally has a friend to call her own again!! Yeah for Miley! Bless you sweet Juni...she is a great find for sure!!

Robyn

Logan
08-20-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm glad you missed it, Robyn and bumped it back up! I missed it too! What great pictuers, Sallyanne! :) It is good to see those two "living large"!!!! I know your heart is just singing.

Have you heard from Beth and Ti? I hope he is equally as happy.

Logan

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-20-2003, 10:53 AM
These girls are twins! :D I love the first picture.

How do they get up on top of the door? Are there other things at different levels for them to jump up on, or is it by climbing up the door jamb? It's so high!

Randy_K
08-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Mango jumps from the floor to the top of a door. He's a relatively small (8.5 pounds) male Aby. Doortops are part of an Aby's natural habitat. As are people's shoulders...

http://www.mango-madness.com/images/Mango_28.jpg

Randy_K
08-20-2003, 02:47 PM
You see, Abys have these special right-angle grabby paws designed for the top of the door... Actually, I'm entertained by the way Mango grips the door. It can be a surprise to have him drop onto your shoulders from the top of a door and yet he lands like a feather. Abys are amazingly agile and incredibly strong but have such a slender frame into which they pack all that energy.

http://www.mango-madness.com/images/Mango_29.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Randy_K
http://www.mango-madness.com/images/Mango_28.jpg

This is just an absolutely hilarious picture! :D :D

I can see how they stand on top of the door when they go "with" the door, or parallel, but Mango is going "against" the door, or perpindicular, at a right angle to the door...and still holding on!!! :eek: :eek: What a goofy kitty, and I love the next pic where you can really see his "right angle grabby paws." And look at the look on Mango's face! There is definitely something "over there" that he wants to get to.

Except for the fact that an Aby would probably be waaaay too active for my geriatric home, I think it would be great fun to have one someday. :D

Steffi N
08-20-2003, 07:48 PM
It's nice to see Miley and Juni Rose so comfortable together.
Great pics of Mango, too. :)
Lovable also likes doortops.

ramanth
08-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Such heartwarming pics SAS. :D Thank you.