PDA

View Full Version : the 80s

Chinadoll
08-15-2003, 10:35 PM
http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/humor.html

What's sad is that I can identify with almost all of these. LOL!! Talk about memories and bad taste :p

babolaypo65
08-15-2003, 10:47 PM
okay. I'm depressed now.... lol.
yep. I related to, or at least recognized most of it!

micki76
08-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Dang, I'm old! That was great! :D

Christiansmommy
08-15-2003, 11:35 PM
I loved the 80's and am proud to admit it :) The good ol days :) Yeah, i sound old!! ;)

"Ya take the good, ya take the bad, ya take them all and there you have, The Facts of Life, The Facts of Life..."

Sorry, i couldnt help it...it just popped into my head...remember that show...i loved it :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-16-2003, 12:54 AM
Yes, I remember those days too. :) I was much younger then and I enjoyed the 80's. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-16-2003, 02:37 AM
YIKES!!

My mum has a photo of me wearing:

A pair of tight yellow leggings, black t-shirt, yellow jacket (miami vice style), black shoes, yellow socks, and the only thing bigger than my EARRINGS was my HAIR!!!!!!

I still cringe when I think about it! But at the time we were so cool!

I also remember falling in love with Tom Cruise in "Risky Business" and Danny in "Fame":)

pitc9
08-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Wow...just about everyline I was saying to myself

"Oh my Gosh...Yeah"

That was great!! I loved the 80's also!! Those were great years!

I'll be 28 next month (ugh..)

Twisterdog
08-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Ok, that made me want to slit my throat! LOL

You wore lace gloves with the fingers cut off, bangle bracelets up to your elbows, bright red Reebok high tops and parachute pants to a school dance.

You know whose phone number is 867-5309

Oh, sad but true ..... I did, and I do. LOL

Uabassoon
08-16-2003, 07:02 PM
I can identify with about half of them, I was too young to remember the first few years of the 80s

krazyaboutkatz
08-16-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I can identify with about half of them, I was too young to remember the first few years of the 80s I wish I could say that. :)

popcornbird
08-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I wish I could say that. :)

I was too young to remember the 80s at all! :p I wasn't born until the mid 1980's, and the rest of the 80s, I was a baby/toddler/young child, so I don't remember much at all. Maybe some very very faint memories, but most of my memories come from the 90s. :)

RICHARD
08-17-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/humor.html

What's sad is that I can identify with almost all of these. LOL!! Talk about memories and bad taste :p

today's fad's are tomorrow's bad taste!

enjoy them while they are still 'cool'..

ticosmyham
08-18-2003, 06:33 PM
How can you guys be complaining? I was born at the very end of this awesome decade and wished I would have been able to be a part of it! And plus, Bon Jovi emerged in the 80's, so even if then it sucked, at least we got something good out of it! :)

RICHARD
08-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ticosmyham
How can you guys be complaining? I was born at the very end of this awesome decade and wished I would have been able to be a part of it!

we aren't complaining, we are just embarrassed that we took part in some of the fads!!!

like the torn sweatshirt neck-like in Flashdance.

we TORTURED gals by telling them, "Hey! your sweatshirt is torn!!"

or the pastel colors!! - Tubbs and Crockett singlehandedly made it cool for guys to wear pink and not shave!!

867 530 niii-eeeeeeee-niiiiiiinnnnnne!

MTV is showing an '80's program this week sometime.....LOL, perfect timing!!

Chinadoll
08-19-2003, 10:54 AM
lol...what else...
paint splattered clothing, jams, bubble skirts, high heels and bobby socks I could go on and on :p

867-5309
I've actually given that number out and signed it Jenny. Poor guy, he just didn't get it.

catland
08-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Chinadoll

867-5309
I've actually given that number out and signed it Jenny. Poor guy, he just didn't get it.

hee-hee.

I STILL adore Bruce Willis because of David Addison in Moonlighting. <sigh>

Don't forget, Maddona-wanna-bees or The LA Olympics. I want my MTV.:D

Chinadoll
08-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by catland
hee-hee.

I STILL adore Bruce Willis because of David Addison in Moonlighting. <sigh>

I LOVE Moonlighting. I was so upset when I couldn't find reruns of it anymore.