PDA

View Full Version : Re: New Litter

Snuggles
08-15-2003, 09:50 PM
hi, I feel sorry for rabbits and pets in shelters. We have a lab from a shelter. Was going to be killed. I've seen a lot of diseases in the local shelters here (Rogue Valley adpot) one jersey wooly had scours, a cat had mange. Even theyre petting room hadnt been cleaned.

The prupose of breeding and showing rabbits for me is the best of the breed. I do enjoy getting new colors, seeing them grow up, and inform new people about a pet bunny or how to handle them. I am in 4-H and our 4-H leader believes in quality so she rubbed it into me.

Uabassoon
08-16-2003, 01:12 AM
I used to show rabbits in 4-H and FFA when I was younger. My dad owns a pretty good sized rabbitry. However he never just breeds because he can. Every litter is well thought out, and we breed for specific 4-H shows and sell to the kids that want to show. If by chance we end up with one or two that don't get sold we show them in A.R.B.A. shows and they stay with us at the rabbitry. There is nothing wrong with breeding and showing rabbits, I think it's a great thing. I had a lot of fun doing it and I learned a lot. But you need to breed responsibly.

Snuggles
08-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Im not saying I breed irresponsibily, but i was seeing on here if any one would like a bunny. I usually find homes easily, but selling to new people is better for me.

tikeyas_mom
08-18-2003, 05:21 PM
how much do you charge, ?? Do you ship?? What are the colors that are in the current litter? How many male and or female are expected?

any pics of the parents??

Snuggles
08-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Hello, these will be sold for $15 dollars. Good price for 4-H, pet, and show combo. I have 2 reds and 2 castor in this litter. They have just turned 4 weeks old. No, I do not ship, it is very stressful (especailly young bunns), and very expensive for the buyer. I cannot tell the sex, I do not even try to determine sex until 6 weeks old. So 2 more weeks. So sex is still unknown.

Tonya
09-11-2003, 11:51 PM
I hope that you screen the people that you sell to.

musicmaker
10-04-2003, 05:01 PM
i also hope you screen who you sell to.too many kittens,puppies,and bunnies are given by unresponsible parents to there young children who are not ready or capible of takeing care of an animal. the parents usually have to take care of it,and sometimes they dont do as good of a job as they need to.the animal goes hungry,gets sick,or often dies of neglect,all because a parent wants to give them a pet. parents need to make sure there child is capable of maintaining a animal by themselves ,and should show they can be responsible(before they are given a pet). i think selling of bunnies and chicks on easter should stop also..........this is not directed at you,you seem to be responsible enough to know who to sell to. this is directed at others who don't know how to do it, or know but don't care.

Snuggles
11-01-2003, 10:14 AM
i always ask questions, as pertaining what they are going to be doing with the rabbit. I breed fancy breeds, and they aren't for eating. I havent had a problem yet, or in the world of rabbit raising here, no one has seem to have problems with the buyers they get.

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 11:48 AM
you didnt post pics of the parents...

Snuggles
11-01-2003, 12:25 PM
i was going to but im not sure how to add pics on a post.

Snuggles
04-15-2004, 09:32 AM
UPDATE: this litter is SOLD.

I have 2 more litters upcoming of baby bunnies and several for sale! [email protected]
http://hometown.aol.com/ilm1989/lanashiphoppinrabbitry.html