PDA

View Full Version : I wont be getting the Dane Puppy :(

Fox-Gal
08-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Well I was hoping things would work out, We really wanted another Great Dane but no luck. :( Some day.

I tried calling the woman back several times in the last few days and she never returned my phone calls. Today I get a e-mail that just says "We no longer have him" I was of course upset that we didn't get him but if she found another owner for him thats fine, I understand. As long as the puppy has a good home that is what matters. I just hope that he goes to people that understand what it takes to raise a Great Dane.

But I am upset at the way this woman handled it. I see no reason for her not to return my calls and just say "I'm sorry but we found him a home already" It's not like it would have taken any longer or for that matter be a long distance call. The short e-mail was just a little rude, I though.

I'm sorry it's just one of my pet peeves in people, so offen now days it seem to me thats it's easier for people to be rude then it is to be nice. What happened to manners anymore?

I'll just go get some loving off my babies now, that should make me feel better about it all. :)

tikeyas_mom
08-15-2003, 05:10 PM
aww I am sorry :(:(. maybe consider adopting a pup from the local shelter?? or scouting the news papers for another pup?? I am glad this one found a home though . :). you do have alot of pets in your sig, so hopfully one will make you feel better :D:D.

Fox-Gal
08-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
aww I am sorry :(:(. maybe consider adopting a pup from the local shelter?? or scouting the news papers for another pup?? I am glad this one found a home though . :). you do have alot of pets in your sig, so hopfully one will make you feel better :D:D.

Thanks and your right I do have a lot of pets, more then what fits in my sig. lol They always make me feel better and it's not like I needed another dog, it's just we really wanted another Dane. Brock needs a buddy his own size to play with. I'm sure we will come across another Dane one day.

delidog
08-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Fox Gal,
I am sorry that she handled it that way...and sorry that you didn't get the pup that you wanted....By the sound of her answer,I would keep checking the local pounds.....sounds like they might have dropped him off and was embarassed to tell you.....
If you like, there is a Great Dane Rescue in Melbourne and Ft.Lauderdale.....donj't know which is closer to you....
you can find them on Petfinder.....go to area shelters....and scroll down....or just look for a Great Dane on petfinder...it will pull those places and what Pups are looking for a great home like yours!!!!

delidog
08-15-2003, 07:22 PM
There is also a Great Dane /Dalmation looking for a home @ a shelter in Melbourne....

Contact Name: new leash on life Melbourne,Fl.
Company: rescue group
Screen Name: [email protected]
Category: Uncategorized

Not sure if that interests you...but there is their contact info for you......

Subtlety is not MY strong suit!!!!!;) :) :D

Cinder & Smoke
08-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by delidog
Subtlety is not MY strong suit!!!!!;) :) :D

:D

Maybe you could drive by and drop that Dane/Dal
off at Fox-Gal's front door?

:p

delidog
08-15-2003, 09:33 PM
;) :) :D
Theres' a REASON she doesn't put her address on here!!!! :D

Fox-Gal
08-15-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

Maybe you could drive by and drop that Dane/Dal
off at Fox-Gal's front door?

:p

LOL I like the sound of that. ;) ;)

Fox-Gal
08-15-2003, 09:59 PM
delidog, you might be right about them droping him off at the shelter. I think I'll call tomorrow just in case.

I also will try the Dane rescue idea too, if no luck at the shelter tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

"Subtlety is not MY strong suit!!!!!".... in this case i'm glad. :D

FYI: I just never really thought about putting my address here, who knows what/where Lorida is anyway. I'm not even sure we rate a dot on the map. ;)

delidog
08-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Did You say DOT on the Map????

Surely, You Meant SPOT (:D ) onthe map!!!!!

Of course we are worth it!!!!!
Florida is a great place!!!

Think of how Much Money people spend just to come for a weekend here???we can enjoy it all Every weekend!!!!

Cannot beat the weather!!!!;) :) :D

Good Luck!!!!
Let us Know how it turns out.....

P.S.
Great Dane Rescue of West Melbourne has a Beautiful Blue Merle girl...Natural ears....and a 6 yr. old male harlequin...Baron

Fox-Gal
08-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Did You say DOT on the Map????

Surely, You Meant SPOT (:D ) onthe map!!!!!

Of course we are worth it!!!!!
Florida is a great place!!!

Think of how Much Money people spend just to come for a weekend here???we can enjoy it all Every weekend!!!!

Cannot beat the weather!!!!;) :) :D

Good Luck!!!!
Let us Know how it turns out.....

P.S.
Great Dane Rescue of West Melbourne has a Beautiful Blue Merle girl...Natural ears....and a 6 yr. old male harlequin...Baron

Guess who I'm calling tomorrow....Melbourne!!!! :) :)

LoL yeah spot on the map. :)

You are right about Florida, no better place to live. Thats how I got here, came down on vaction and never left. Goodby N.Y.C!!! :D :)

delidog
08-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Me Too!!!
E.6th ST. & 2nd Ave.!!!

delidog
08-15-2003, 10:51 PM
have Fun in Melbourne tomorrow!!!!!!!!

I think I hear the Clippity Clop of Little Dane Paws!!!!!!;) :) :D

Fox-Gal
08-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Me Too!!!
E.6th ST. & 2nd Ave.!!!

Too funny. :D

Roosevelt island.

tomkatzid
08-16-2003, 02:12 AM
Is the Sunshine state, Florida?? I found several danes for adoption on the pet finders site:

http://www.petfinder.org/

Central Brevard Humane Society
Cocoa, FL Great Dane Adult M Luke

Great Dane Rescue of South Florida
Fort Lauderdale, FL Great Dane Young M Gismo

Great Dane Rescue of South Florida
Fort Lauderdale, FL Great Dane Adult F Kaley

Key Largo Animal Shelter
Key Largo, FL Labrador Retriever,Great Dane Adult M Cyrus

Suwannee Valley Feline Rescue Inc.
Live Oak, FL Great Dane Young M BRUTUS

Great Dane Rescue NE Fla
Middleburg, FL Great Dane Adult M Boomer

Great Dane Rescue NE Fla
Middleburg, FL Great Dane Young F PRIVATE OWNER

Safe Animal Shelter
Orange Park, FL Great Dane Adult M Raven

Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center
Tallahassee, FL Great Dane Adult F Vegas

Magic Great Danes Inc.
West Melbourne, FL Great Dane Adult M Baron

Magic Great Danes Inc.
West Melbourne, FL Great Dane Young F Cherokee

Fox-Gal
08-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Thanks tomkatzid, I'm already starting on some of those. :D

delidog
08-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Did we Find ANYBODY of interest?!?!?!??!?!;) :)

My personal fav was "Kuma"....
Great Dane/Komondor mix.....
He is a Cutie-Petutie!!!!;) :) :D

Tweety_Pie
08-17-2003, 09:13 PM
My aunt breeds Great Danes. They are such gentle giants. Right now she has 4, 2 older ones August(female) and Triton(male) and 2 pups Winnie and Ice (both female) Winnie and Ice are from a litter of 8 from August. They are 13 weeks old. My aunt is keeping Ice and she needs a home for Winnie.. to bad you didn't live closer. Great Danes are such great dogs.

Good Luck in finding the right dane for you:D

Toodles

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

Toby's Mommy
08-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Good luck in finding a Dane!!

Fox-Gal
08-18-2003, 04:57 PM
Did we Find ANYBODY of interest?!?!?!??!?!;) :)

My personal fav was "Kuma"....
Great Dane/Komondor mix.....
He is a Cutie-Petutie!!!!;) :) :D

I feel in love with Gismo. He almost the twin of my Brock. We have to wait now, paper work, home inspection, etc. They also have to see how well Gismo gets along with cats, before I can go any father with it. I've never had to go through all this before to get a dog, it's a little new to me....this waiting thing. I don't wait well. :rolleyes: lol
I guess I never realized how easy my H. S. made it for me. I've just gone in found the pet I wanted and out the door I went, pet in hand. I now realize I owe them a Thank you for making things easy for me.

delidog
08-18-2003, 06:11 PM
I am Glad that you found a new friend in Gizmo!!!!!
What a Beauty!!!!!
It is great that your H.S. made it easier for you to adopt....just remember to put the shoe on the other Paw!!!!

If they didn't screen properly and have a waiting period...too many dogs and cats would go home with

A) The Wrong People and families that weren't ready for that particular breed would get them....and either return them,or who knows what else....

B) they would go to Dog Fighting rings...(either as fighters or Bait!!!:eek: ) Especially if you are near either Indiantown,Okeechobee or Ft.Pierce....

C) People need that waiting time to Realize and make sure that they are ready for a 10 to 15 year commitment

Not everybody is as Ready and will give the animals such a wonderful home as yourself!!!!

Remember,
Good Pups come to those who wait!!!!;) :) :D

Cincy'sMom
08-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Congrats on th epossible new addition....I hope everything works out with Gizmo.

You guys got me looking at the dogs in Melbourne...I think maybe my dad needs a friend down there.

I'm thinking either Cookie ( she's be the perfect girl friend for my Spot) or Ginger at South Animal Care and Adoption Center.

Course my mom said he isn't aloud to get a dog down there, cause he sadi she couldn't have any more up here :)

delidog
08-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Oh Amy!!!!
Cookie is a Cutie-Petutie!!!!!!!
So is Ginger!!!!!
Isn't Dad bringing Jack w/him?????
That would leave Mom room for One More!!!!;)
Hows' that for Negotiation....
Dad and Jack would get here, and Jack would need a playmate!!:)

I hope that Dad won't be staying in a place where there are "No Dogs' Allowed!!!"
He will need one when he gets here...
When is he coming down?????

Cookie wants to know!!!

Fox-Gal
08-18-2003, 11:40 PM
I am Glad that you found a new friend in Gizmo!!!!!
What a Beauty!!!!!
It is great that your H.S. made it easier for you to adopt....just remember to put the shoe on the other Paw!!!!

If they didn't screen properly and have a waiting period...too many dogs and cats would go home with

A) The Wrong People and families that weren't ready for that particular breed would get them....and either return them,or who knows what else....

B) they would go to Dog Fighting rings...(either as fighters or Bait!!!:eek: ) Especially if you are near either Indiantown,Okeechobee or Ft.Pierce....

C) People need that waiting time to Realize and make sure that they are ready for a 10 to 15 year commitment

Not everybody is as Ready and will give the animals such a wonderful home as yourself!!!!

Remember,
Good Pups come to those who wait!!!!;) :) :D

I know...I know....I just wanted to be selfish for a min or two. :D I Know it's done for a very good reason and I'm understand of course....so I'll wait and wait and wait. I guess my biggest fear is that they will say "oh no you have 8 dogs already"

I live right on the Okeechobee county line now and lived in Ft. Pierce for 10 years so I've read and heard all the sick things that go on around here with the dog fights. I even took a dog from an old redneck that lived down the road for doing just that. Long story but lets just say he gave in for fear that I'd turn him in. My X's turn him in any how. :D :p I keep my word, I never told him that the husband wouldn't. LOL

That was the best dog I ever had, From the first day he was here till the last he protected me and our home like no other dog I've even known. We even had to build a special drive up to the meter so she could read it, because of Duke. He knew he was safe now and I guess wanted to show us how thankful he was for a new start. I loved that dog, he passed a few years ago, bad heart. :(

Anyway thanks for all the help you giving. I let you know how it goes.

Cincy'sMom
08-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Isn't Dad bringing Jack w/him?????
That would leave Mom room for One More!!!!;)
Hows' that for Negotiation....
Dad and Jack would get here, and Jack would need a playmate!!:)

I hope that Dad won't be staying in a place where there are "No Dogs' Allowed!!!"
He will need one when he gets here...
When is he coming down?????

Cookie wants to know!!!

Actually, he is down there now....got thre Sunday and started work yesterday.

I don't know if he will end up with any of the dogs there or not. Right now he is looking for an apartment, so if he does, it won't be til after he comes home for Thanksgiving.

tikeyas_mom
08-19-2003, 02:38 AM
hey maybe you guys can help my family find a bernese mountain pup ;)

delidog
08-19-2003, 07:23 AM
Hi FoxGal & Cincys'Mom,

Since you lived here...now I know you understand...
You can be selfish,Its' O.K.!!!!
You Deserve it after caring for all those furkids....Dukes' story Makes me cry....too many bad things happen to too many Good Dogs!!!!
But you gave him a wonderful forever Home!!!!I Know how much you must miss him!!!!!

Can't wait till you hear back about Gizmo....
Brutus was a cutie also!!;) ...Matching set?!?!?!?;) :) :D
Just Kidding!!!

Amy,
Hope your Dad finds a nice place that allows Puppers!!!!
Is he going to see Ms. Cookie???only a few miles from him...;)
i know....Patience.....
I hope his job is going well.....Jacks' Missing him I'll bet!!!!!
and the rest of the gang!!!!

Cincy'sMom
08-19-2003, 03:36 PM
I sent a bunch of pics of dogs in Florida to my mom, but I'll have to send them to my dad as well.

I think my mom is sorta hoping he doesn't decide to take jack, as he is her biggest, most protective dog. Snoopy and Taggert need to be together, Dazzi is her angel and oreo would have a real hard time adjusting to a new situation...guess that means he'll have to get antoher, right? :)

delidog
08-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Yeah!!!
Need a Big Protection Dog....
Thats' The Ticket!!!!!
He'll HAVE to get a New Fl. Dog!!!!!

We Can Work This One!!!!
Great Minds Think alike,Amy!!!!!;)

The Melbourne Shelter is located on Eau Gaullie Blvd.(In Floridian that is pronounced,Oh Golly Blvd.!!!;) :) )

it is about 1 mile west of 95.......So Close to Dear Dad!!!!

Glad hes' got a computer w/him, so you can help walk him through the selection process!!!

Fox-Gal
08-19-2003, 10:55 PM

Since you lived here...now I know you understand...
You can be selfish,Its' O.K.!!!!
You Deserve it after caring for all those furkids....Dukes' story Makes me cry....too many bad things happen to too many Good Dogs!!!!
But you gave him a wonderful forever Home!!!!I Know how much you must miss him!!!!!

Can't wait till you hear back about Gizmo....
Brutus was a cutie also!!;) ...Matching set?!?!?!?;) :) :D
Just Kidding!!!

Oh yeah I understand all too well, here in redneck/cowboy world. LOL Their views (not all of them) are way different then mine and most likely yours. So many times I hear "It's just a F#%King dog, I just want to hit/slap whatever to them when I hear that. :mad:

Brutus???? What are you trying to talk me in to 3 Great Danes? LOL I be mixing thier food up in a 10 gal. bucket instead of a 5 gal, as I do now. I don't think I could even carry that. ;) ;) :D

delidog
08-20-2003, 06:00 AM
Danes,Horses...Is there a big Difference???
Just split the food so all you have to carry is 2 5lb. buckets....;) :) :D

You know I'm just teasing you!!!!
Its' exciting when a Pet Talk member rescues a new Fur Kid!!!!
You know us...Everybody has an opinion!!!;) :)

I am glad that you are going to get the Pup that you want and will have Many Happy Years with!!!

I know what you mean about the area here...
I have heard the same comments...(Just a F*#%&* Dog)
Just makes My Blood BOIL!!!:mad:
After doing a lot of volunteer work...and assisting in adoptions and drop offs....Believe me, I've probably used my quota of fowl language under my breath...and some to the person dropping off an unloved,uncared for animal!!):mad:

Its' Mon. A.M....
Maybe you'll get an answer this morning!!!!!
Hope,Hope,Hope!!!!
All Paws crossed here for you and Dear Gizmo!!!
Cannot wait for PICS!!!!!