PDA

View Full Version : Stray Kitties! What to do?

Tina
08-15-2003, 10:32 AM
I've had a stray cat at my house now for almost a year. She is a Tortie and here in the last couple months she's had kittens. I have been feeding the momma cat everyday she has been, comming and going between my house and a neighbors.

Well the last couple weeks the momma cat and her babies have been staying in a building in our backyard. I can't catch them since they seem scared to death of people. Actually the momma cat will meow at you. But that is it. She won't let you get close at all.

Here in the last two days I haven't even seen the mother cat anymore. I've just been seeing her kittens. They come up on the back deck. But just as soon as you open the door off they go.

My question is, Is there anyway to catch them? I have no clue at all. I'd like to take them to the vet have them checked. And then maybe later on have them fixed.

Oh, one kitten is a orange tabby and the other is a grey tabby. They are so cute!

I was wondering if someone could please help me??

ScantyNebula
08-15-2003, 10:35 AM
I know you can buy traps to catch them in ... maybe the shelter can help you out with one?

catlover4ever
08-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Call your vet and see if they have any Have-A-Heart traps. These are humane traps that do not hurt the animals. you put food or a bowl of milk in the trap and when the animals enter the trap, the door closes behind them.

K & L
08-15-2003, 10:54 AM
http://www.atlantaanimalalliance.org/howtotrap.htm

Tina
08-15-2003, 11:30 AM
Ok, thanks so much I'll see if our vet has one or the shelter.