PDA

View Full Version : how "Maricle" is doing

Cataholic
08-14-2003, 01:13 PM
Hi, it's Ashley. Yesterday my new kitten was hiding under the bed with no interest of comming to me. Today Maricle seems a lot more comfortable with me! When I stick my hand under the bed, he will smell my hand and then walk out to me. :) I'm so happy!! He's not eating as much, which worries me. I'm not sure if he knows how to use the restroom on his own or not. I am still unsure of the amount of formula he should get every 3 hours. At this point i'm giving him 2 tbs. every 3-4 hours. (though he's not eating it all) Thanx for everyone's help yesterday and today!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the update Ashley! Sounds like Maricle is doing "so far, so good." I'm no expert on kittens, so you should follow the advice of Donna, Aly and others who have much more experience. But I would think that he will only eat until he's full, but since he's so tiny, he will be hungry again soon. As for using the litterbox, you might have to use the washcloth method that I saw Donna (moosmom) explain in one of the other threads. He might still need some help in this department since normally his mommy would still be taking care of all these needs.

Keep up the good work....and....any chance you have a digital camera and can post pics?

(geeze, don't we ever let up on the picture thing? :rolleyes: ;) :D )

cubby31682
08-14-2003, 01:37 PM
When my cat died and left 5 2 day old kitten behind, we fed them every 2 hours, and we did have to stimulate them to go potty. Just a little tip: while you stimulate them don't turn your head and talk and think s/he is done and remove the wash cloth. Kitty pee in your face is not a good thing. Keep up the good work. It sounds like you are doing GREAT so far. Please keep all of us updated.

Katie

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2003, 01:40 PM
That's GOOD News, Ashley! :)

Did you See and Understand what MoosMom wrote to you on the other thread??

Originally posted by moosmom
You need to get a kitten bottle from the pet store and poke holes in the nipple with a needle to make sure the milk comes out.
Heat the needle so it goes through the nipple easily.

Get KMR, which is a milk replacement for kittens.
Kittens that little need to be fed every 2-3 hours.

Once the baby is full, he will need to be stimulated to go potty.

To do this, take a soft cloth and gently massage it's butt near the rectum.
The kitten will pee (you'll feel something wet and warm on the cloth). It might poo too.

Put the kitten in a box or basket that the kitten can't climb out of, lined with lots of old towels.
Underneath the towels, put either a hot water bottle with boiling water in it or a heating pad set on low.
Make sure there is plenty of towels covering the pad or hot water bottle so the kitten doesn't get burned.

Maybe Donna will post here with a note about HOW MUCH formula you should be offering at each feeding.

And that's a cute name...
But is it
"MirIcle"
or
"MirAcle"

:confused:

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2003, 07:46 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Miracle is doing well. :) Please keep us updated.

rg_girlca
08-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Awww bless you for taking care of this precious little furbaby. Sounds like you're doing a great job of it so far. Keep up the good work, and yes a picture if you could would be great.

(T & P, we could never let up on the picture thing.)

jazzcat
08-14-2003, 08:28 PM
I'd love to see a picture too.

Sounds like you are doing a good job and good luck.