PDA

View Full Version : Lice

binka_nugget
08-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Ughhhh I think I may have lice.:mad: I've noticed my head has become more itchy and I found a little bug that cracked once I pressed with my nails. :mad: :mad: :mad: I'll have to tell my mom in the morning. Can dogs and rats get lice from humans and vice versa?

I can't believe I have it again. The other two times I've had it, I was definate that I got it from my cousin. She had them and didn't tell me until I went home after a 2 week sleepover. I noticed that my head became alot itchier right after having my cousin sleep over (I figured it was excess sweat, dandruff or something..) Maybe she never got rid of it? Ugh...or maybe I got it from elsewhere this time.

ChloeLove
08-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Uh oh! Lice sucks! I don't have any answers you your question, sorry. :( But good luck, and I hope you get rid of it really soon!!

bluekat
08-14-2003, 09:06 AM
omg, I hate lice. I feel sorry for you, it really sucks. I only had lice once, I think, and my head was SO itchy. I hated it, and it kind of grosses me out thinking there's insects in my hair. ewww.
Good luck with them:p

wolfsoul
08-14-2003, 02:54 PM
oOoOo that sucks! :( Dogs and rats can get lice, but there are different kinds so you might want to check...

Try putting vasoline all over your head to smother the lice. But don't leave it on for a whole day, it is liable to suffocate your skin.

Logan
08-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Oh dear..........I'm so sorry. I have never had it, but my daughter has. When she was in elementary school, 3rd grade, I think, I got a call from the school nurse, who had done a "head check". Apparently they had an outbreak and were watching for it. Poor Helen has very long hair and it was quite a project to try and do the treatments and the combing that was necessary. It took two tries, but we got it. And thankfully, I never got it. We bought a product from our CVS drug store, but I can't remember the name to save my life. I don't think I'd wait until tomorrow to tell you mom. Tell her now! The sooner you get the treatment and start combing, the better off you'll be.

Logan

binka_nugget
08-14-2003, 03:37 PM
Ohhh I couldn't tell my mom when I posted because it was 5am lol. I told her this morning. She's off to buy the shampoo. I'll have to shampoo kai with that special shampoo just in case any are on him. Gr I hate it. It's such a pain to get rid of.

carole
08-14-2003, 03:52 PM
I have to admit I thought the lice on animals was different from Humans, but maybe I am mis-informed.

Did you know it is not a good idea to use 2 in 1 shampoos.

you can buy sprays that protect your hair when there is an outbreak at school, but they tend to smell strange and make your hair look continually oily, so not too helpful and expensive.

I think the main thing is when infested, remember to treat the WHOLE family, and wash all linen in hot water, and vacuum your room, a lot of people donot do this and wonder why they keep getting them back.

Head lice is a yucky fact of life, which tends to affect young people, especially children, I myself have never contracted them off my kids. fingers crossed.

Mainly because children tend to share hats, and combs and of course in class are close together so spreading it is easy.