PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want this?

AdoreMyDogs
11-29-2001, 09:46 AM
I bought Graham a pack several years ago and only used it a couple of times because it just dosen't fit him right. It fits OK until I actually put something in the pack, then the pack is too low and it interferes with his walking. It fits around his chest and his belly fine, but his legs are too short and close to the ground for it to be comfortable when the pack has a load in it. His legs are so short when it has anything it the pack (even if it's an extrememly light load) that the pack sometimes even touches the ground. Graham's legs are simply too short and so I am giving it away to a taller dog, or at least a dog with longer legs. It is a size medium. Anyone want it? I will send it to someone who thinks their dog will fit it or knows anyone with a dog that will fit it. Graham is about 19 inches, so maybe a dog a little taller, or at least a dog with longer legs will fit into it better then Graham. Graham is also 46 pounds.

Let me know if anyone wants it. Respond to this topic or email me at [email protected].

Graham is displaying the pack below.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/d4/R1/uX/pH65733.jpg
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/014/AP/fI/gg/pv95843.jpg

Phred
11-29-2001, 10:08 AM
Aw, Mom... Do we have to take a hike right now? It rainin outside and ya gotta remember I'm on light duty wiffa bum leg! Let's go shoppin tamorrow... :rolleyes:

Hey Leslie ~
Did you try extending the front chest strap more to make the pack ride further back on his body? Most packin pups wear their pack so it hangs centered between the front and back legs - so it won't rub on their knees and elbows. But it does look a little generous for the Boy! Enough to pack a big lunch foe a week or so!

Hey Graham-Cracker - didja *smile* when Mom took it back off?

Pam
11-29-2001, 10:13 AM
Leslie I can't use the backpack but I just had to comment on Graham's picture. He looks so stoic standing there on his poor boo-boo leg modeling for us. Graham you are just such a sweetheart and we're so glad to see that you are feeling a little better! It looks like some of your hair might already be coming back in. That's good because winter is just around the corner. Bella sends lots of wags you way!

11-29-2001, 10:47 AM
Wow Leslie. I would love it for one of my girls! Do you think Lexi or Maddie will fit into it? How much do you want for it?

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-29-2001, 12:42 PM
Leslie,

Drake already has a back pack, plu sI think Graham's would be too small on my big pup. But I wanted to comment on Grahams' picture. He looks so good! What a handsome puuper you are, Graham!

ilovehounds
11-29-2001, 12:51 PM
Oh darn I have been looking for one for Hannah but can't seem to find them or when I do they olny have a couple and they don't fit. Hannah is unfortunatly a little smaller then graham so it wouldn't fit :rolleyes:
Can I ask you where you guys found yours ???

Beautiful pictures :D so handsome !!

AdoreMyDogs
11-29-2001, 06:11 PM
Angel, how tall are Lexi and Maddie? And how much do they weigh? It might fit one of them, but I am not sure how much they weigh. Auggie emailed me asking if it would fit her Hooch but it's too small and it's not adjustable enough for her 85 pounds of golden love :)

Let me know how big both Lexi and Maddie are.

I bought it at a Campfitters store.

Daisy's Mom
11-29-2001, 07:23 PM
Graham, Daisy would never fit your cute backpack, but I just had to comment on how handsome and rugged you look in it :)

Sudilar
11-29-2001, 10:25 PM
Much too small for my big guys, but also had to comment on how handsome Graham is!! He is such a cutie!! {{hug}}

11-30-2001, 08:37 AM
Lexi and Maddie are both about 43-45 pounds. I am not sure exactly of their height. Can't measure them until I pick them up and move them in with me either. But Lexi looks to be about Graham's size. I will let you know.

AdoreMyDogs
11-30-2001, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by doggiemom:
<STRONG>Lexi and Maddie are both about 43-45 pounds. I am not sure exactly of their height. Can't measure them until I pick them up and move them in with me either. But Lexi looks to be about Graham's size. I will let you know.</STRONG>

If that's the case, how about I just send it to you. Your address is in the Christmas card list, right? Can I just send it to that address?

jackiesdaisy1935
11-30-2001, 11:56 AM
Graham I think you would make a wonderful model, what a sweet picture.
Daisy and Perry would love that backpack, but they would love to ride in each of the pockets when it is on a big dogs back :D :D :D like Lexi or Maddie
Jackie

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

thelmalu99
11-30-2001, 11:59 AM
LOL, Jackie, I was just thinking the same thing...maybe Graham wouldn't mind carrying two kitties in his pockets! :D

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: thelmalu99 ]

11-30-2001, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs:
<STRONG>

If that's the case, how about I just send it to you. Your address is in the Christmas card list, right? Can I just send it to that address?</STRONG>

That will work Leslie :D! Let me know how much and the cost of shipping so I can send you the money :).

The address should be in the Christmas card list and that is the perfect place to send it.

tatsxxx11
11-30-2001, 02:33 PM
Hi Leslie! Thank you for your kind offer. Star and Cody have the same back packs! We take them along whenever we travel to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket or will be hiking or walking for a while. Hope someone as sweet as Graham is the lucky receipient! And, as everyone else says, those pics of Graham are priceless! What a boy! He looks so much like his ole' self! And so brave and stoic, with cast in tow! Lots of love and get better soon hugs to you SuperDuper Mirace Graham!!!