PDA

View Full Version : Oh No!! I have to get a Shot on Friday!!:(:(

Amber
08-13-2003, 01:41 PM
I have to get a dumb shot on Friday!!! And I have to get it in my hip/bum!!!! Noooo!!!! I dont wanna get it!! It's gonna HURT!!
uhh:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Kfamr
08-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Shots are nothing.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-13-2003, 01:43 PM
I got a shot in my hip/..yeah. lol. It actually didn't hurt as much as it does in the arm. lol, didn't like the idea of the location too much though. :o :o

binka_nugget
08-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Shots don't hurt. I've had worse pain from just being clumsy and falling on my knees. I think getting it in your hip/bum is going to be less painful than in your arm.

Kfamr
08-13-2003, 02:01 PM
"Bum" has more cusion. :p

binka_nugget
08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Lol I guess this is one case where it's better to have a "fuller bum"? :D

cocker_luva
08-13-2003, 02:07 PM
i'm alittle freaked out by shots also. but then again i had an extremely bad experience with needles as a baby. :( :eek: :rolleyes:

ScantyNebula
08-13-2003, 02:09 PM
hehe shots don't hurt for most people, but for me, they make me sick .. literally .. whenver i have a needle or anything of the sort, I get faint and feel like I'm going to throw up. Its horrible .. I actually got my eyebrow peirced a couple years ago and I just about passed out after it was over and had to lie down for an hour LOL .. its funny after the fact, but at the time it sucks.

Thats my story...I hope nobody else has my misfortune ;) Good luck with the cursed shot!

aly
08-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Don't worry about the shot :) I have to give myself 3-4 shots in the stomach every day. It really is nothing.

I used to be woozy around shots too. I almost fainted when I saw a guy giving himself a shot in high school. I never could have imagined I'd have to be doing it to myself one day. But I got over it and just do what I have to do. Keep distracted and you'll be perfectly fine.

puppygrrl4eva7
08-13-2003, 03:12 PM
I am afraid of needles too when I get shots I about faint I'm so scared of them:(. I'm so glad I'm not diabetic and I hope I never become Diabetic I would about die If I had to give myself shots:p :( I don't want to be nosy but if you don't mind telling us, what do you have to get a shot for?

aly
08-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by puppygrrl4eva7
I am afraid of needles too when I get shots I about faint I'm so scared of them:(. I'm so glad I'm not diabetic and I hope I never become Diabetic I would about die If I had to give myself shots:p :(

I'm diabetic and I used to feel the same as you. But really, the shots are the least of a diabetics' problems :(

ILoveReptiles
08-13-2003, 03:46 PM
What is the shot for? In your bum? Sounds like Depo.