PDA

View Full Version : Thursday the 15th

catland
08-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Good to know that there are more "Thursdays" than there are Jason movies.

In honor of Arnold's campaign - we must be able to create an appropriate drink for the occasion. Any suggestions?

lbaker
08-13-2003, 01:18 PM
something with fruits & nuts perhaps :o :eek: :rolleyes:
with a side of Richard Pilaf (HA, thought no one would notice didn't you Richard :p )

RICHARD
08-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
something with fruits & nuts perhaps :o :eek: :rolleyes:
with a side of Richard Pilaf (HA, thought no one would notice didn't you Richard :p )

Froot Loop

1 oz. Apple Brandy, 1/2 oz. Cherry Brandy, 1/2 oz. Vodka, Splash of Orange juice

Shake over ice, Strain into a cocktail glass

pilaf????

i tried....:rolleyes:

DONE!

lbaker
08-13-2003, 01:43 PM
FROOT LOOP :eek: I like it!! Do we have to wait until tomorrow? Maybe catland & I should check it out first. Just to make sure the others will like it? hmmmmm?

RICHARD
08-13-2003, 01:44 PM
FROOT LOOP :eek: I like it!! Do we have to wait until tomorrow? Maybe catland & I should check it out first. Just to make sure the others will like it? hmmmmm?

done!

Aspen and Misty
08-13-2003, 02:40 PM
This week I'm celbrating a new baby in our family, Tyah. So give me something fun and interesting! I don't care what it is and logn as it taste good! :D

Ash!

lbaker
08-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Ash is just a youngun Richard, don't forget to keep it "lite" - See how well chaperoned you are Ash, even at the cyber bar ;)

catland
08-13-2003, 03:00 PM

Good idea.

I just saw a news headline that said "Ah-nold teams up with Buffett". They are referring to Warren. I was hoping it would be Jimmy.

lbaker
08-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Jimmy Buffett as ahhhnold's running mate - what a concept :eek:

Aspen and Misty
08-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Ash is just a youngun Richard, don't forget to keep it "lite" - See how well chaperoned you are Ash, even at the cyber bar ;)

::sigh:: Why me!

O yea Richard I forgot to say no alchool, my bad, must have slipped my mind ;)

Anyways! Cheers!!

Ashley

slick
08-13-2003, 03:27 PM
I love Jimmy!!!! Give me Whiskey for my Men and Beer for my Horses......

momoffuzzyfaces
08-13-2003, 03:48 PM
After the week I've had I'd love to drink myself stupid .... but for lots of reasons, one of which my problems will still be here waiting for me and I'd still have them to deal with plus a roaring headache besides, I'll stick to my usual cherry vanilla coke. Make it a double please. :eek:

Cincy'sMom
08-13-2003, 03:57 PM
I like the idea of the Fruit Loop...I'll be ready to try one tomorrow :)

Miss Meow
08-13-2003, 04:09 PM
I think I need a Fruit Loop to get going this morning - a big glass for me, please! :)

Welcome to Tyah the cutie pie!

I'll do another Idiot of the Week:

Back at work again, the word goes around that all defence personnel must have a flu vaccination last Friday or not leave the base. The whole base was quarantined and no one allowed to leave. More than 2,000 people needed to be injected and we were all told to line up outside the medical centre and have a shot, or sign a disclaimer.

Then we get an e-mail: any personnel with subcutaneous (sp) injection experience please report to the health centre. Oops.

Then another another e-mail: disregard the line-up, the vaccine hasn't arrived. Oops.

RICHARD
08-13-2003, 05:03 PM

to her credit she hasn't tried to pull one over on me. :) ....yet.

how's about a shirley temple?.

slick,
how many men and how many horses?:cool:

moff,
a screaming headache for me.....
vanilla coke for you!

CM,
first thing tomorrow AM...

MM,

lol,
would you like to be in charge of the IOTW files?

A+ on spelling 'subcutaneous' correctly!

DONE!!!!

KYS
08-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Ummm! What do I want?? Decisions, Decisions decision...

All this CA. stuff has my head spinning, and to boot
I got a 5% paycut, because our governor reneged
on our signed contract from 2 years ago.

I think I will keep it simple. How about a nice tall
Glass of Ovaltine or Bosco mixed in milk. : )

iceyshiver21
08-13-2003, 06:46 PM
hmm.. la la la la la la la...we should do the hokey pokie this week...sounds like fun..
Put you left foot in....I think I need some Apple Juices this week....put your left foot out....and a carmal apple...do we have them?.....SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!!

Logan
08-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Richard, I'm ready. Whatever the drink of the week is, I'm in (as long as it isn't brown liquor and doesn't have coconut). Can you handle that?

I've actually had a good week this week, but it has been long, already. My boss has been in town until tonight and we have driven many, many miles!!! But I am happy and grateful to be gainfully employed and with a company that wants to help me be productive!!! Heck, I'd even go for some champagne!!!!!!!

Logan

Aspen and Misty
08-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Sounds good to me! Thanx Richard.

Richard- THat is true the first week I joined I did say I was a minor and that I needed something none alchoolic...

Ash

babolaypo65
08-14-2003, 07:02 AM
I'll try this fruit loop thingamajig!

emily_the_spoiled
08-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Sorry I didn't put my order in yesterday, but I would definitely like to try one of those Fruit Loops.

It has actually been a pretty good week, the boss is out of town on holidays and the office is nice and quiet. Although I did try to work from home yesterday and I found out that Emily will help herself to MY popcorn when I am not in the room (and even when I am in the room :rolleyes: )

momoffuzzyfaces
08-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
hmm.. la la la la la la la...we should do the hokey pokie this week...sounds like fun..
Put you left foot in....I think I need some Apple Juices this week....put your left foot out....and a carmal apple...do we have them?.....SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!!
:D What a much needed grin this gave me. I can just see us all lined up and Richard leading us in the hokey pokie. I didn't think anyone even remembered this dance(?) any more! Thanks for the grins!!!
Put your back side in... put your back side out... Put your back side in and SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!!!!:D :D

lbaker
08-14-2003, 11:17 AM
at last an answer:

THAT'S what it's all about............:D

gini
08-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
I think I need a Fruit Loop to get going this morning - a big glass for me, please! :)

Welcome to Tyah the cutie pie!

I'll do another Idiot of the Week:

Back at work again, the word goes around that all defence personnel must have a flu vaccination last Friday or not leave the base. The whole base was quarantined and no one allowed to leave. More than 2,000 people needed to be injected and we were all told to line up outside the medical centre and have a shot, or sign a disclaimer.

Then we get an e-mail: any personnel with subcutaneous (sp) injection experience please report to the health centre. Oops.

Then another another e-mail: disregard the line-up, the vaccine hasn't arrived. Oops.

Well, you sure are having fun in Australia aren't you Nicole? Glad to hear it isn't just our country that comes up with these ideas!

gini
08-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Richard, I could use one of those loopy thingys today. Do you want me to bring my blender?

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21

I.S.,
Yes, i'll dance the hokey pokey!

apple juice and an caramel apple...fair food! (our fair is next month....sorry to hear about your fair adventures..)

KYS,
i feel your pain..that proves it only happens to NICE PEOPLE.....

choco milk for you.

LOGAN,
you get the 'quote of the week'award-on the days i feel like NOT going to work i remember when i quit my job and moved furniture for nine months, i earned one third less and worked 100% harder..KYS.....I hate fractions and percentages..

A&M,
lol, yes you did....and that shows maturity...
thank you....want a caramel apple?

Babo,

froot loop for you!

ETS,

froot loop for you...

MOFF,
refill and room to dance???

LB,
we should adopt the Hokey Pokey as foreign policy....:)

Lament of the day.

Do not pick up a white cat while wearing a blue polo shirt.

And do not eat your ham sandwich on the way to work....you'll have to wear your badge over the
mayo spot until you get into the office.

DONE!!!!

lbaker
08-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Richard, serves you right for putting mayo on a ham sandwich, everybody knows you put MUSTARD on a ham sandwich.. would you put mayo on a hotdog for goodness sake :eek: ;) :p
oh I know, goodness has nothing to do with it :o

gini
08-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Laurie, I think Richard was doing a test run on the loopy drinks before he went to work....and he got the mustard and mayo mixed up.

Richard, hope you have a REALLY large badge.

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Richard, serves you right for putting mayo on a ham sandwich, everybody knows you put MUSTARD on a ham sandwich.. would you put mayo on a hotdog for goodness sake :eek: ;) :p
oh I know, goodness has nothing to do with it :o

actually,
i had both on it......the mayo was first offender, the mustard came later!:(

Karen
08-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Is there a non-alcoholic Fruit Loop? I'll have one of those:

Maybe Orange Juice and Cranberry Juice and Pineapple juice, a bit of Ginger Ale with fresh peach slices on the rim and a maraschino cherry on top? :)

The nuts'd have to be on the side ...

;)

catland
08-14-2003, 11:57 AM
who-hoo - the mayor has joined us at Thursdays:D :D :D

I'll dance the hokey-pokey to that:D

lbaker
08-14-2003, 12:02 PM
let's just make sure we keep certain delicate items of apparel from being flung over the rafters etc this week :o ;) :eek:
Karen, the nutz are here at the bar ;)

Aspen and Misty
08-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

A&M,
lol, yes you did....and that shows maturity...
thank you....want a caramel apple?

My momy told me never ever ot take candy from a stranger. And although I know you and you are no longer a stranger, you are very strange :p

Yes please, 1 caramel Apple mmm mmm!

Hey I'm going to a party this after noon where we will dance the Hookey pokey (birthday tradition), I will think of you guys when we do!

Ash

Karen
08-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Well, I KNEW that part ... just didn't want the nutz in my drink! ;)

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Is there a non-alcoholic Fruit Loop? I'll have one of those:

Maybe Orange Juice and Cranberry Juice and Pineapple juice, a bit of Ginger Ale with fresh peach slices on the rim and a maraschino cherry on top? :)

The nuts'd have to be on the side ...

;)

DONE!!

nuts on the side, all around, on the dance floor....

A&M,

you are correct, i can't get any stranger!!

GINI,
why scare the co-workers with a larger picture??
froot loop for you, you and your blender are always welcome!
lol......

:D

lbaker
08-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Ashley, you can THINK of us at your party this afternoon but I wouldn't say anything if I were you. Trying to explain that some strange friends of yours have loopy drinks while doing the hokey pokey at a cyber bar on Thursdays may get you some verrrrrrry strange looks :o :eek:

gini
08-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Ashley, you can THINK of us at your party this afternoon but I wouldn't say anything if I were you. Trying to explain that some strange friends of yours have loopy drinks while doing the hokey pokey at a cyber bar on Thursdays may get you some verrrrrrry strange looks :o :eek:

Yes, but you have to admit, it sure beats real life sometimes, doesn't it? I never used to look forward to Thursdays before, but I do now.

Umm, how nice, Karen will join us this week!

catland
08-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Bartender - the Fruit Loop was great. May I have another?

Aspen and Misty
08-14-2003, 01:21 PM

LOL. Everyone who is going knows who pet talk is all I would have to do is tell them and they would be like, You mean those strange people who talk about there animals???

And I would be like yup adn they would roll there eyes and keep on dancing, LOL.

Gini- True, the only nice thing about Thurday's is it's almsot friday :p

Ash

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by catland
Bartender - the Fruit Loop was great. May I have another?

CL,
yes you may....

DONE!

robinh
08-14-2003, 02:24 PM
I'm new to the cyber bar. How does this work? Sounds like the place to be today.

slick
08-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Been off PT because of work related stuff. I've been working at a remote site trying to get the computers going. Some of them got hit with the latest virus.....I have a techie guy in here today so maybe won't post too much and will read all the posts in this thread later.....

Give me a fruity thing please......

BTW - you dance very well Richard.
PS - thanks for the PM lbaker.

lizbud
08-14-2003, 02:51 PM
Richard,

May I have a frosted mug of Michelob & some nachos?

It's been a very hectic day at work today.Systems going up
and down like crazy. If it's Microsoft anything, it's screwed....

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by robinh
I'm new to the cyber bar. How does this work? Sounds like the place to be today.

hi,

well, it works this way....
you ask for a drink, tell stories that will make people laugh, you laugh, we laugh, you order more drinks, laugh some more, tell some more stories and laugh some more-but you have to really laugh...amd then it's time to go home, if you are at work.....

the FROOT LOOP is the drink of the day (described at the beginning of the thread.) You can ask for something different or even suggest a DOTD!

a froot loop for slick....
p.s.ditch the technie;)

so my funky chicken is about the same as the hokey pokey....

DONE!

robinh
08-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Just give me a plain pepsi. Would love to drink, but not worth getting sick for. Of course in a cyber bar, I wouldn't get sick - OK give me a fruit loop. Munchies too.....wow, this IS the place to be today.

Don't have any funny stories today. Just another long day at the nasty old office. Waiting for the weekend (that can't come soon enough for me).

catland
08-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by robinh

Well, we're open every Thursday (and since its Thurdsay in Australia while its still Wednesday here - we're sneaky and open a day early).

The only requirement is that you have fun. We usually make up a DOTD (drink of the day) - but you are welcome to order anything you want. Richard, our bartender, can be very creative if you just want to give him an idea of what sounds good.:D

So pull up a chair and have fun:) This week we seem to be making fun of the California governor's recall election while at the same time dancing the hokey-pokey.

gini
08-14-2003, 03:31 PM

This week we seem to be making fun of the California governor's recall election while at the same time dancing the hokey-pokey.

WHAT?:mad: :mad: WHAT??

This recall election is VERY serious out here. I mean, just look who is running aside from Arnold........134 other people including LARRY FLYNT. HOW could you ever make fun of Larry Flynt?

Just think what he could do for our beautiful state.
[oh, I can't even think about it!)

:D :D :D just in case you thought for a moment I was serious!

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Liz,

Mickey and nachos.....
glad your name is not Bill G.?
;)

RH,

one froot loop....
when you finish come back for #2....offices will make you drink.....

Cat and Gini,
refills?

the hokey pokey can make you thirsty...

and the Official Dance of the State of California is......:cool:... the hokey pokey...

lol, the election is serious, but you cannot help but laugh.....it is our Circus and we plan to make the most of it.....

(gini, we'll formulate our voting strategies as Oct. 7 draws near....lol)

Miss Meow
08-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Well, we're open every Thursday (and since its Thurdsay in Australia while its still Wednesday here - we're sneaky and open a day early).

I KNEW we were good for something!!! ;)

It works just as well for me on Fridays. The bar is still open because it's only Thursday in the USA :) Another fruit loop if they're still DOTD!

I've already done Idiot of the Week, but here's this morning's Odd Spot from the paper:
- - - - - - -

A German man of Polish origin lost his driver's licence after failing an alcohol test but his dog passed with flying colours, Koblenz police said. The 47-year-old drunk failed to perform any of the required actions, but his West Highland white terrier executed them all perfectly.

catland
08-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by gini
WHAT?:mad: :mad: WHAT??

HOW could you ever make fun of Larry Flynt?

Let's see.... how many smut peddlers does it take to change a light bulb:p

Bartender - it's 90 degrees here today so sure, pour me another:D

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 04:08 PM

I've already done Idiot of the Week, but here's this morning's Odd Spot from the paper:
- - - - - - -

A German man of Polish origin lost his driver's licence after failing an alcohol test but his dog passed with flying colours, Koblenz police said. The 47-year-old drunk failed to perform any of the required actions, but his West Highland white terrier executed them all perfectly.

lol, the "lift one leg with your head tilted back", is how the dog passed......cheater!!!!

MM,

A froot loop for you!

CAT,

How many?;)

Oh, btw...here in the San Fernando Valley you'll drive down the street and see a 'movie production ' being filmed.......the funniest thing is to see that it's NO ACTORS you have ever seen and the gals seem very well endowed.....hmmmmmmmmmmm

an F.L. for you!!!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-14-2003, 04:12 PM

So pull up a chair and have fun:) This week we seem to be making fun of the California governor's recall election while at the same time dancing the hokey-pokey.
Yeah, are we talented or what? We can do two things at once!

Richard, I'm ready for the refil of my cherry vanilla coke now. I see NY and Canada are having major power outages. Seems odd to me that that worm hit the other day and now this.

Anyway, I want to drink a toast wishing all those without power are reconnected fast!

slick
08-14-2003, 04:18 PM
let's just make sure we keep certain delicate items of apparel from being flung over the rafters etc this week :o ;) :eek:
Better than flinging over body parts.....ooops, sorry, forgot the Mayor was here this week. Welcome Karen....
Frooty thing OK but too sweet. Work still not going well, so as the song goes

Pour me something tall and strong
Make it a hurricane before I go insane
It's only half past 12 but I don't care
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.....

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Yeah, are we talented or what? We can do two things at once!

Anyway, I want to drink a toast wishing all those without power are reconnected fast!

you got it.....

one vanilla coke!

slick,

wannabe the poet laureate?

Done!

catland
08-14-2003, 04:38 PM

and the Official Dance of the State of California is......:cool:... the hokey pokey...

that's ok, here in my neck of the woods, the unofficial state song is "Louie, Louie":p

gini
08-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Liz,

Cat and Gini,
refills? I was so busy yacking that I didn't notice I needed a refill.......yes, thank you!

the hokey pokey can make you thirsty...

lol, the election is serious, but you cannot help but laugh.....it is our Circus and we plan to make the most of it.....

(gini, we'll formulate our voting strategies as Oct. 7 draws near....lol)

As we draw nearer to October 7th, I would like to suggest that EVERY day be Thursday in California. You are right, Richard, it is our circus......that made me laugh. Now if any of them have a spare $38,000,000,000. let's vote them right on in!:)

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 05:23 PM
As we draw nearer to October 7th, I would like to suggest that EVERY day be Thursday in California. You are right, Richard, it is our circus......that made me laugh. Now if any of them have a spare $38,000,000,000. let's vote them right on in!:)

one refill and now if you look toward the center ring........

DONE!

Miss Meow
08-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Is it $38bn in US currency??? Wow, that's about $70bn in Aussie dollars!

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Is it $38bn in US currency??? Wow, that's about $70bn in Aussie dollars!

are you offering us help???
;)

let's sit down and talk this over!

lol

KYS
08-14-2003, 06:46 PM
posted by catland:Let's see.... how many smut peddlers does it take to change a light bulb:p

Our we talking about Larry Flint again!!! lol
Yep! CALIF. will certainly go down in history for
something? Will it be RECALL, or LAP DANCING??

Hey! Richard that was a good choc. milk you made. :D

gini
08-14-2003, 06:49 PM
Ariana Huffington paid only $732 (approx figure, not to the penny) in income taxes. Well of course, she had book writing research and expenses.

Scuse me, gotta run - I think I have a book forming in my head.

But what does this have to do with Thursdays? Let's all bring our income taxes over to Richard and compare notes............

RICHARD
08-14-2003, 06:56 PM
Ariana Huffington paid only $732 (approx figure, not to the penny) in income taxes. Well of course, she had book writing research and expenses.

Scuse me, gotta run - I think I have a book forming in my head.

But what does this have to do with Thursdays? Let's all bring our income taxes over to Richard and compare notes............

lol,

i do some income tax preparation-short form only - as a method of keeping my math skills up...
but me thinks that Ms. Huffington has miplaced her decimal point, along with her good senses-what ever they may be!

what does this have to do with THURSDAY'S???

ya got me! i just serve the drinks...

Miss Meow
08-14-2003, 07:43 PM
are you offering us help???
;)

let's sit down and talk this over!

lol

I've got $20 in my purse, will that help? :)

Vio&Juni
08-15-2003, 02:02 AM
Is it still Thursday in US? If yes, a screwdriver, please!

RICHARD
08-15-2003, 11:14 AM
MM,
thanks for the offer, actually we'll get arnold to help us out!

V&J,

for you a double!!!!

Done!