PDA

View Full Version : Lots Of Snow In Georgia and Drake Is Loving It!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-03-2002, 06:02 AM
Well, it started snowing here yesterday at around 8:30 AM. The ground was covered last night by the time I went to bed. Well, this morning, I couldn't see my car! The snow plougher woke me up at around 4:00 and by 6:00 the roads were covered again! There must have been about 10 inches on my car!

Drake, of course, is loving it! He did his usual running around in circles and rolling around in the snow! Oh, and loves to just sit there and lick at it! He!He!He!

I managed to get one picture out of him this morning. I hope I can get out there to take more of him playing around!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/040/RZ/G1/bR/OV92797.jpg

Here's another one of the Drakemeister!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/039/Gb/Ra/9w/PC94975.jpg

jennifert
01-03-2002, 08:44 AM
We have no snow here! Everyone around us is getting it but we're in the clear so far!! I love it!!! Sorry Souraya!! And everyone in Texas!! We need a break up here every once in a while!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Well, I am at work. I wish I hadn't come in. Almost everyone is at home. I was planning on leaving but my boss asked me to stay. Figured I would later. Promotion and Raise coming up, so I need to keep the boss happy!

Drake is at home enjoying the warmth.

Logan
01-03-2002, 09:31 AM
Well, if I didn't have a home office, I would be off today like everyone else in this town!! We don't have a lot of snow like Souraya, but we have enough to have fun. Helen has gone to play at a friend's house, where there is lots of room to sled and no cars. Honey and Lilly are making a snowman in the backyard right now. I could use dozens of rolls of film, just capturing their antics! The snow is coming down pretty hard right now, and it is lovely. I had Helen take her toothbrush with her, just in case. The only really bad spot I encountered driving her was her friend's driveway!! Kitties are all warm and inside with Mom. They have not even asked to go outside! :D

Albea
01-03-2002, 09:32 AM
Is so great that Drake loves the snow, and he looks wonderful just seating in the middle of that white background.
We don't have any snow in Connecticut yet :D :D :D, but when we do Carina doesn't want to go out. I open the door to the backyard and she looks at me like saying "Oh, not this again!"

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-03-2002, 09:43 AM
The roads are really slippery here. There are several hills in my neighbor hood and getting up them this morning was quite a task ( I drive a speed, yikes!) But I made it here safely. Now, I am dreading the drive back!

Where in CT, Albea? My uncle lives in Winstead.

ShepherdLover
01-03-2002, 10:33 AM
Surprisingly, here in northern Illinios, we haven't gotten too much snow! :confused: But Iris loves snow as much as Drake does! :)

mugsy
01-03-2002, 10:36 AM
Ok, I'm jealous. I want some snow here, our dogs love it too. I love the picture of Drake in the snow...he looks like he doesn't know quite what to think of it, but he's contemplating the possibilities. lol I know Georgia doesn't have the snow removal equipment necessary to deal with that much snow. I hope you don't get stuck! Be safe on your way home Souraya.

Logan
01-03-2002, 12:16 PM
Honey finally decided to take a break from the snow!!! :D She has had a blast, with Lilly joining her occasionally!! That Honey has run a trillion laps around the yard!! I guess she is feeling MUCH better!!!!
The snow is fun and rather refreshing. I just don't want to work. I want to be sledding with Helen instead!!! :(

Sudilar
01-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Shiloh is here in IL being very jealous (but not me!)! She just loves snow. LOVES IT! The bad part is that she wants me to come out and play in it, too. I don't love cold!

Drake, you gorgeous pup! Have fun in the snow! Honey and Lilly, run a few laps for us, too!! :) :)

mkgwolf
01-03-2002, 01:47 PM
http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v1/2/44/97/28424497PzIkHfMgcP_ph.jpg

We only got 1 Inch in Maryland and that was the first snow of the season. For some reason it seems that storms always go around this area and go just to the East or West. I cant believe all the snow down South, Must have been a nice suprise. Would have been great if it had done this on christmas.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-03-2002, 03:15 PM
Oh, I'm soo jealous! :D Right now, it's sunny outside!!! We went to IL, for Christmas, and there wasen't a lot of snow at all! But last year, there was TONS of snow!

Mkgwolf, that is a georgous picture! He's soo beautiful! :)

karen israel
01-03-2002, 03:25 PM
What great photos! They look right at home! We have been lucky but are expecting something on Sunday. Love the snow, hate shovelling and the ice that forms later. All the neighbor's lawns are pristine and beautiful, but after Cody and I play "Where's your ball?" and run around like idiots (ok, me, not him) our lawn looks like a battlefield!! Cody just loves it! Except I usually have to shovel a bathroom path if it gets too deep down our slope and I have to convince him it's ok to go near the house!
PS... Souraya..I just laughed at the shot of Drake in mid-scratch! Good Show!

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: K9karenI ]

jackiesdaisy1935
01-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Wonderful photos of just very beautiful dogs. They are beauties. Well we don't have snow here I think it's about 68 out right now and sunny. It rained last night and our pups don't like to go out when it's wet, when I call them to go outside Daisy runs for her bed and Perry runs in his crate. The snow looks beautiful.
Jackie

mugsy
01-03-2002, 05:01 PM
Wow! mkgwolf, what a beauty you have! Hey Souraya...let us know you got home ok!! I've been thinking about you guys down south all day, hoping all is well. I just wish they would send us some here in Indiana some of the white stuff. We go back to school on Monday and we could use some 2 hour delays! lol

lizbud
01-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Hey are you southerners, thanks for the
pictures (at least) of snow..In Indy we had
a dusting on Christmas Eve & that's it!
I know you Professional women don't want
to miss work b/c of the snow, etc,etc, BUT
10 years from now what difference will it have made ? ENJOY this with your furbabys & your kids. Live in the moment !! Yes ?
Souraya, Drake sitting in the snow is an
Awesome pic !!
Kodi as always looks Gorgeous!! Those eyes..

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: lizbud ]

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Mugsy, I made it home safely. I had to be very careful and drive really slowly. But I am not planning on leaving the house tomorrow if it is like this!

My brother just got back from Paris last night and he had to get his car from my house and we had to struggle to get his car up my icey drive way. He finally got home OK and called me.

mugsy
01-03-2002, 08:31 PM
I'm glad to hear you got home ok Souraya. How many inches of snow was your official total? I guess I'll just live vicariously through you guys with the snow.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-04-2002, 07:26 AM
It has stopped snowing, but there is stil lots and lots of snow everywhere. It may snow again tonight. But who knows.

6.5 inches is what we got. Draker wore himself out yesterday playing in the snow. He played for hours.

jennifert
01-04-2002, 08:22 AM
Well it finally started snowing here this morning!! Not much but maybe we'll get some over the weekend! We're so used to it that unless we get a blizzard, nothing changes! We all have to go to work and deal with it!!
Duncan loves the snow! He runs with his nose to the ground until he has a little pile of snow on his nose. It's so cute!