PDA

View Full Version : Dog Rescue centers - Massachusetts

Smilla
08-13-2003, 08:08 AM
Hi folks,

I know there are a lot of Mass. folks here. For future reference, would some of you please recommend some rescue centers to me? I'd appreciate it.

Sharyl

Albea
08-13-2003, 09:25 AM
The one I do volunteer work for is:

Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue in Hudson.

24 Hour voicemail for placement and adoption information (978) 568-9700

P. O. Box 808 - Hudson, MA 01749-0808
Web site: www.ygrr.org

In the YGRR Web site you can find a list of all-breed rescues in New England.

Karen
08-13-2003, 09:28 AM
DO you mean shelters as well? There's Buddy Dog in Sudbury, and one in Brockton ...
Or do you mean rescue groups?

Smilla
08-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Hmmm...I'm not sure--both, I guess? Anywhere I could get a dog that would otherwise not have a permanent home.

Thanks!

Smilla
08-13-2003, 09:42 AM
I'll check out that site; thanks, Albea.

tatsxxx11
08-13-2003, 09:53 AM
North East All Retriever Rescue www.nearr.com Located in the Boston area and serving all of New England, from Maine to northeastern CT They rescue and place all breeds of Retrievers and Retriever mixes. This is the group I work with.

www.saveadog.com A fantastic Boston based group that does great work placing dogs of all breeds. Like NEARR, they hold adoption days at Petco's and Petsmart's throughout New England.

Buddy Dog in Sudbury was already mentioned

Animal Rescue League of Boston...My branch is in Brewster and while they are not officially a "no kill" shelter, rarely is any animal ever pts unless severly ill or shows signs of severe aggression toward humans. They are located on Rt. 6A in Brewster, MA

Lady's Human
08-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Karen,

How could you forget dog orphans??????!?!

Next time you come over I'm REALLY going to chew on you.

Lady

:) :eek:

Karen
08-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Sorry, Lady!

http://www.dogorphans.com/index.cfm is where Lady, and Nilla and several of the family dogs came from. I have no doubt Lady will chew on me for forgetting her shelter, as she sometimes still goes back to visit and show the staff what a shiny, happy doggie she grew up to be!