PDA

View Full Version : This is uncanny!

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-13-2003, 01:08 AM
I got such a lump in my throat when I saw this little one - her name is Chelsea, and she is currently up for adoption at our shelter. She looks so much like my Ally - it really upsets me to think how differently her life could have turned out!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/pb0a813a236de32f850ea950f7ec2df61/fb66c15c.jpg

Here is a photo of Ally to compare - they even have the same "beauty spots" on their little noses!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/pcc861e1e1a587beefd5c90d35e5a65f8/fb66c4df.jpg

NoahsMommy
08-13-2003, 01:17 AM
Wow! They are really very similar! That's amazing they have almost identical nose beauty marks.

Its so hard seeing all the kitties that need homes. :(

Barbara
08-13-2003, 02:40 AM
She looks like Ally's twin sister. What a pity you can't take her in -but would your husband notice the difference?

You only must make sure he just sees one at a time;)

Killearn Kitties
08-13-2003, 04:55 AM
She looks like Ally's twin sister. What a pity you can't take her in -but would your husband notice the difference? You only must make sure he just sees one at a time

This is a truely brilliant idea!! It also reminds me that when our cats were still wild and we were feeding them in the garden, the cat we originally thought was mother turned out to be two seperate cats. The only reason we finally realised this was because we took the wrong cat to the vet to be neutered. We didn't discover this until 4-6 weeks later when two adult cats were sitting on the grass and only one had a little shaved side!! I'm still embarrassed seven years later - it was someone else's cat.

How long do you think it would take your husband to notice? :D

kimlovescats
08-13-2003, 06:26 AM
Oh WOW.... they really do look like long lost twins! Ohhhh, I sure wish Ally could have a sister!!! Is there ANY chance?

HayleyRosie
08-13-2003, 06:32 AM
They would be so cute together. Any chance she may become Ally's sister?

IttyBittyKitty
08-13-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
She looks like Ally's twin sister. What a pity you can't take her in -but would your husband notice the difference?

You only must make sure he just sees one at a time;)

Worth a try! If he thinks he's seeing double, she could tell him to cut down on the booze and/or get his eyes checked :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-13-2003, 10:24 AM
Wow, she really is Ally's twin sister! :eek:

I think it's worth a try to see if your husband notices or not. By the time he knows it's two different cats, he'll have fallen in love with her and not be able to give her up.

Oh, and you could also try the "Well, if you're keeping the Harley in the house, the least you could do for me is let me have another cat." ;) 'Course, you might not want to take my advice on convincing hubby to get another cat. There's obviously something I need to learn in the convincing dept. :rolleyes: :D

K & L
08-13-2003, 11:30 AM
It's hard to tell them apart! How weird.

Vermontcat
08-14-2003, 08:31 AM
I think they really do look alike. They both have such pretty and unique markings.
Since Ally is the Cat of the Day today maybe it is a good excuse to adopt the other cat to celebrate!:) ;)

catmandu
08-14-2003, 09:45 AM
when I see the little Orangeand White cat that begs for food I say to my Micheal and Roscoe , there for the grace of God go you! If it is at possible , please give this little one a home! You will be bleesed many times over.

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Wow! If I didn't know any better I'd think I was looking at two Ally pictures. :eek: It would be great if you could adopt her. I think she really does need another sibling. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Despite all my efforts I have not managed to convince my hubby that we really need another cat! I will however be keeping in close touch with the shelter manager, and I have made an extra donation to make sure Chelsea doesn't get PTS. I'll also be putting a flyer up at the local pet shop - maybe the right person will see her pic and she'll find a good home - I really hope so!

bisi.cat
08-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Unfortunately I can't give any advice, because I am a coward when it comes to adding another cat to our family!!! (sigh:( )

But I know it's good for the cat to have company when she's still young...adding a cat to a longtime-only-cat is very tough and with each year it's a bigger challenge...

It must hurt you terribly to see that little cat in the shelter and I've learned from your mails that you're not that kind of person, who'll ever can forget a cat in need!!!

All I can do right now is to keep our paws and fingers crossed, that maybe your husband will agree or you'll find her another good home!;)

To Killearn Kitties

We didn't discover this until 4-6 weeks later when two adult cats were sitting on the grass and only one had a little shaved side!! I'm still embarrassed seven years later - it was someone else's cat.

I had to laugh so hard about your little anecdote...it must have been like: "OOOOPS!!!:o :confused: :D"

bisi.cat
08-15-2003, 08:53 AM
I've just learned that it is "National Homeless Animals Day" this Saturday...we should celebrate this day everywhere to make aware of the millions and billions animals in the shelters

http://www.mississaugahumanesociety.com/national_homeless_animals.htm
Ally Cat's Mom, maybe that would be the right day to take this lovely cat home from the shelter???

ramanth
08-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Wow!! The likeness is very uncanny. :)

I hope you are able to take her or that she finds a home soon.