PDA

View Full Version : does your pet sing?

fairlady68
08-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Do kitties sing? Mine does!

For one thing, my landlord babysits my cat for me when I travel. When I come back, he will say that when he comes into my apartment to visit her, she will sit on his lap and "sing" for a little while. It took me a few minutes to figure out that he is trying to say that she purrs for him. He is an older gentleman from Indiana and that must be a regional expression he is using. I had never heard it before, but I love it!

Secondly, as mentioned in the thread I started under "Cat Behavior", my kitty vocalizes a LOT. Some of these sounds are so lyrical that I like to think of them as her "music".

Finally--when I sing, my kitty has a COW! I want to tell her, "Now, really, Julie (meow!), is my voice really THAT bad?" She gets right in my face (literally putting her face up to mine) and just meows and meows when I try to practice my singing lessons. Funny, huh?

cocker_luva
08-12-2003, 10:25 PM
my dog doesn't sing. but my hermit crabs make noises at night. (but thoses sounds are distress noises. :rolleyes: )

Tonya
08-13-2003, 12:32 AM
My cats don't sing...but they have certain meows for everything. Ron has a "hello" meow. A "feed me" meow. A "let me outside" meow. A "stay away" meow. And a "clean my litter box" meow. Raven rarely meows. Every once in a while, if she hasn't seen us all day.

Cocker*Lover
08-13-2003, 04:57 PM
My dogs sing.

popcornbird
08-14-2003, 02:10 AM
Of course my pets sing! They are birdies and birdies can sing better than any other species. Its their hobby and morning ritual! :p

pitc9
08-15-2003, 08:47 AM
Sierra (the Sable) is VERY VERY Vocal, when I come home, when she needs to go outside, when a firetruck passes the house, when I let her out of her crate.... I sometimes wonder what the neighbors think!!!:D

tikeyas_mom
08-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Tikeya, Cheeko and spring all sing ;)

Tikeya sings cuz she is a siberian husky and they love the sound of their voice.

CJ7Boomer
08-29-2003, 09:17 PM
My dog sings. its like a high pitch coo. its hysterical- he sounds like a wookie:p

tikeyas_mom
08-30-2003, 01:59 AM
omg that dal is soo fricking cute!!!! welcome to pet talk ;)

CJ7Boomer
08-30-2003, 05:03 AM
Thank you! Hes 9wks in the picture but hes 7months now- i just havent had time to get more pics on the computer

Sudilar
09-12-2003, 09:43 AM
Both my GSDs sing and talk....the breed is known for it! Killian always howls at sirens and Shiloh tries to. Now, after all these years, Killian has added Shiloh noises to his howl and Shiloh is still trying to imitate Killian (she's not as good at it as Killi). LOL Boy are they a pair! Can't watch COPS without muting the sound.
My first GSD used to sing with me and imitate the fluctuations in the pitch. It was hilarious. If there were Cute Pet Tricks back then, he would have been on it!!! LOL

Twisterdog
10-04-2003, 01:16 PM
My dogs sing the "sad song" every time I leave the house, and they sing the "happy song" every time I come home. And you can definately tell the difference.

belle67
10-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Milly sings.. only if we get her going.
They call it rooing! :)

amoore
10-17-2003, 08:42 AM
my cockatiels sing .i can't name all their happy little tunes but they have one that i recognise , and that is- mary had a little lamb . my frogs sing all the frog songs they know , i don't know what their songs are called but they are a nice sound in my greenhouse . :D

AbbyTheSpottyGirl
10-31-2003, 02:32 PM
Zachary the Beagle and I have been singing "It's Five O-Clock Somewhere" lately, but usually we sing "Fruitcakes" or "Margaritaville"... :p

Or...you might catch us humming "Yellow Submarine" and we are not too sure why....:confused: