PDA

View Full Version : The Mousie Train

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2003, 11:44 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p16a730fb5957638836ead7a0aa9669b5/fb6899ec.jpg

Had to get a pic of this because it's not often they sit so close together. Normally in a situation like this, Peanut would have been there first and as soon as Tubby came anywhere near, she would get up and leave. Don't know what they were doing here. The back door was open last night (has a screen door) and when we came down to shut it and go to bed, this is what we saw. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-12-2003, 11:49 AM
LOL! If you wanted them to line up like that, it would never happen. I think they just like to play games with you and try to keep you on your toes guessing what they are doing!:D

Randi
08-12-2003, 11:57 AM
LOL! I think Tubby is just sitting there guarding the mouse, and as soon as Peanut tries to get close - WHAM!! It looks like he's expecting it any minute. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-12-2003, 12:26 PM
AWWWWWWWWW .

*BIG SMILE*

What a cute picture! They were probably cuddling before you got there.... ;) ... then had to break it up... they can't let you know that they are really getting along.:cool:

Vermontcat
08-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Oh look, they are almost close enough to touch!
If Peanut just s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out her front paw a little she could touch Tubby's tail!:p

Maybe they are cuddling together at night when you aren't looking, maybe you need to set up the video camera to see what they really do at night!;)

NoahsMommy
08-12-2003, 01:38 PM
Awww, that's cute! :) Great picture!

Isn't it funny where they decide to lay? Micah and Noah are our "wierdest" ones...sometimes Noah gets lazy and just plops down anywhere. Micah seems to plan out where he'll lay and what wierd pretzel-like position he'll be in. :D

ramanth
08-12-2003, 01:47 PM
You mean Peanut didn't run away the moment you aimed the camera? ;) :D

Love the pic!

Edwina's Secretary
08-12-2003, 01:54 PM
Tubby..."Quick Peanut! They're coming! Look nonchalant!"

Peanut..."How many times have I told you to check first and make sure they are asleep!"

Tubby...."It was your turn to check!"

Peanut..."Geez...grab the mousie!"

Barbara
08-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Not close friends but good buddies - this is just the way cats love to hang out together:)

Cataholic
08-12-2003, 04:24 PM
I hope the train will be making a stop in Cincinnati!

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Great pic. :D It looks like Tubby is looking around for more mice. I'm so glad you were able to get a pic of the two of them this close together. Now try that with four cats. :)

tuxluvr
08-12-2003, 08:23 PM
Well at least it's a dry mousie...lately, Ritz has taken to making "mouse tea" in her water dish.....deliberatly dropping the toy mouse in the water dish until it turns the color of the chosen mouse...I actually have witnessed this act a few times....and it is NOT accidental!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Thanks everyone. :D Somehow I think I can assure you that they were most certainly not snuggling before we came down...but I can keep hoping can't I. ;) :rolleyes: :D

I think Tubby would snuggle in a heartbeat. It's Peanut that's the durn independent little.....

And this pic is kinda funny too, because Peanut always lays in the meatloaf position, and Tubby always lays with his legs out from under him. He doesn't do the meatloaf too often because I think it might hurt his back legs, which I think he has a touch of arthritis in. The pic just really shows their two different personalities. Peanut all scrunched up and tense, ready to bolt at any moment, and Tubby all laid back, relaxed and ruler of his domain attitude. :D

bisi.cat
08-13-2003, 11:04 AM
I only missed nearly one day here at Pet Talk due to that Virus, but there's already such a lot to catch up on...

It is so wonderful to see how Tubby and Peanut play their little train game...maybe that'll be the first step to a further progress!?

It isn't that bad to hang out together, huh?!

But however I enjoyed your picture so much!!!:)
...and I'm wondering how much more progress would have happened when that Virus would have kept me away for much longer?!
Maybe then lovestories between Tubby and Peanut, and between Eddie and Edwina would have happened...who knows...:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by bisi.cat
Maybe then lovestories between Tubby and Peanut, and between Eddie and Edwina would have happened...who knows...:D

Well, there's still hope for Eddie and Edwina, but I gave up on T & P years ago. Since you're rather new here, Bisi, you might not know that Tubby is 17 and Peanut is almost 15, and they've been together since Peanut was about 8 or 9 months and Tubby was about 2 1/2 or so. So there's not much hope for these two. :rolleyes: I can't complain though, because it's not that they hate each other, it's just that they don't snuggle. They more or less tolerate each other. Like I say, I think Tubby wouldn't mind but Peanut wants nothing to do with all the snuggly stuff. ;) :rolleyes: :D