PDA

View Full Version : Had a really fun interview today!

NoahsMommy
08-11-2003, 10:55 PM
I applied for a vet assistant/receptionist job and had an interview today. :)

I got there early, of course and got to see the techs and assistants walking the dogs that were being boarded. While I sat waiting for the two vets to come out, I got to play with a three month old teacup Chiahuaha! He was such a cute TINY, ITY BITY thing!!

When the vets came out, they told me they were married. Its such a neat place. They primarily see dogs and cats, which is just fine with me.

I would alternate each week being the receptionist and then the assistant the next.

I really hope it works out...I'll be sure and keep you all updated. I find out later this week.

I also have another interview at another vet's office on Wednesday. :) Yay!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Good luck Kelly!! I sure hope that everything works out for you. :D

Fuzzy317
08-12-2003, 01:05 AM
Good luck. Keeping fingers and paws crossed.

Vio&Juni
08-12-2003, 02:39 AM
Good luck, Kelly!

I got my job! Can you say I am happy?

Fuzzy317
08-12-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
Good luck, Kelly!

Congratulations !! Seems like several Pet Talkers are interviewing for work, or starting. Good things happen to Good people. :)

Randi
08-12-2003, 05:17 AM
Just the job for you, Kelly. :) I'm sure you'll get one of them! :D

Best of luck!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-12-2003, 05:21 AM
Sounds like the perfect job for you! Hope it works out!

Vio&Juni
08-12-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
Congratulations !! Seems like several Pet Talkers are interviewing for work, or starting. Good things happen to Good people. :)

Thank you for calling me a good person :cool:

HayleyRosie
08-12-2003, 06:28 AM
I wish you the best of luck in getting this job. It sounds great.

IttyBittyKitty
08-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Wow, that sounds great! Let us know how you go.

zippy-kat
08-12-2003, 07:55 AM
Good Luck, Kelly! :)

ScantyNebula
08-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Oh you are so lucky to be pursueing this kind of job! I would love to work with animals. I really wish you luck in getting that job! :)

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Good luck! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Good luck! Sounds like it would be fun, and alternating the work like that would keep it from getting boring. :D

Russian Blue
08-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Yayyyy !!!!!!!!!!!! Fingers and paws crossed for a positive outcome!

:D ;)

NoahsMommy
08-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
Good luck, Kelly!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news! When do you start??

Thanks everyone. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I really felt comfortable there. Especially with the vets. :)

RICHARD
08-12-2003, 02:38 PM
time to get the Pet Talk mojo working.....

Miss Meow
08-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Fingers crossed for you! I don't hear many interviews being called fun, so it must've gone well from everyone's perspective. Good luck!

wolflady
08-12-2003, 04:41 PM
That sounds so neat Kelly! It's really wonderful when you get good vibes from the people you would be working with. I really hope you get the job! I have really enjoyed working at a vet hospital, and I know you would too. How funny that we could both be doing the same thing! :D
It turns out that they are going to put me on a rotating schedule too. I'm doing the back area vet tech stuff on some days, then I will be trained to do the up front receptionist stuff too. Apparently I might have to take a class or course on pharmaceuticals, because for the front office work I'll be prescriping meds. Cool, huh??!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Oh I hope you get it! :D

Let me know what happens, and then we can share back room assistant stories! :eek: ;) :D LOL

**hugs**

Edwina's Secretary
08-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Don't forget to send a note after each iterview/visit! It does make a difference!

NoahsMommy
08-13-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Don't forget to send a note after each iterview/visit! It does make a difference!
Definitely! They'll be in the mail tomorrow morning. :)

Vio&Juni
08-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news! When do you start??

Thanks everyone. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I really felt comfortable there. Especially with the vets. :)

I still have to stay to the end of the project here - August 22, then I can start on Monday, August 25. I doubt it will happen so soon, that week is the BIG HOLIDAYS week - the Independence Day and Language Day. Probably I'll start on September 1. It's a very interesting job with UN - "Formulation of the National Strategy on Information Society Technologies for Development". I will be the Project Assistant/Translator and the Project Manager will be a former director of our present counterpart agency (small world :) ).
I really proved them they had to give ME the job. Do the same.