PDA

View Full Version : My story

wolfsoul
08-11-2003, 10:51 PM
I've been reading Ilovemyabbygirl's story, and thought I'd share my own. I hope no one thinks I'm copying :o I've been thinking about showing it for a while but was sort of nervous...I've been writing it for a while. I only ever add things when I'm bored, so I think that writing it here might give me some motivation. :) It's not really a pet story. It's a fantasy story. I'm going to throw in a bit of romance as it goes on.

I'll just show the prologue and chapter one for now, and if you want to see more than tell me...The first chapter is very short, lol, sorry. :o The rest of the chapters are quite long. I really need to work on this story, it isn't as good as I think I can do, so if you see anything really stupid or corny (tends to get corny as I go along lol) then tell me and I'll get rid of it. :)

I'll copy the story and paste it...

EDIT: The main charcter's name is pronounced Ser-ack-knee. It's sort of a personal name made by myself and used by myself and my cousins for this game we played when we were young. We pretended we were natives in the olden days and had odd names. In the game, Saracne meant Bright Eyes.

wolfsoul
08-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Prologue

"Come," the man told his wife, "Put the child down here."
The woman looked at the bundle in her arms. She held the wee babe tightly.
"Put it down!" The man yelled. He watched as she reluctantly and gently lay the baby on the forest floor. He grabbed her by the arm. She pulled back to catch one last glimpse of the sweet face.
The twisted figure suddenly shone brightly at her, beaming off the child's forehead.
"Now! Let us go!" the man shouted at her, and pulled her harder. She looked at him in fear, took one last look at the infant, then turned to leave.

The wolves heard a cry not far from their rendevous site. One by one, they followed the sound until it led them to a clear part of the forest.
Placing his nose on the founded child, the alpha wolf, Brolo, pulled in the sweet essence of a gifted one. The others watched closeby and knew his decision when he gently grasped the blanket between his teeth. The child hanged there, and fell asleep on the way back to the site. Brolo turned to look at his pack, and the wolves saw the mark of the gods, the only true sign of a gifted one, placidly lit on his forehead. And they knew.
The prophecy was about to come true.

Chapter one

Saracne returned from the lake only to find Brolo, an angry look on his face. "Alright," she said, "I didn't just meditate. But the lake looked so gorgeous! And on such a wonderful day-"
"Sometimes we must resist temptation," the man interupted. "You are nearing your sixteenth summer. It is almost time."
"Time," she replied. "All you ever talk about is this time! Sixteen summers I have prepared for this time! And not once was I told what this time really is."
"You shall know soon enough," Brolo told her. "Now get your longbow. We will practice your shoot."
Saracne walked into the cave that served as the entrance to the wolf den. She dragged her longbow out from underneath two wolf pups, waking them up in the process. They jumped all over her, yelping , and soon the whole litter was awake. Saracne looked around for her quiver and found Therixz, the alpha pup, stretched over her quiver chewing on an arrow. His mother, Faeyra, shook off her sleep and picked up Therixz by the scruff, shook him good and scolded him for ruining Saracne's arrow. Saracne giggled, picked up her quiver and walked out of the cave.
Brolo stood at the edge of the trees. "Well?" he said, "let us go now."
Saracne followed him until they reached a clearing, the spot where they practiced dueling and other such self defense. Brolo turned to her and said, "Go ahead. Shoot the target."
Saracne aimed her arrow at a tall pine between two others. The target was drawn on the tree with bright ink. Just as she was about to shoot, Brolo grabbed her arm. "You're doing it wrong again!" he told her. He put his arm around her and guided her hands to the correct positions. She looked up at him while he was sorting her out.
He had whte hair, but not because he was old, just because-- well, because. His eyes were young and full of life. They were an amber colour. But not really amber. They were one of those colours you just couldn't put a name on.
He caught her glimpse and she looked away. She focused on her bow. He had only made it worse. "No, no, I won't shoot like this," she said. Saracne moved her hands back to the postitions they were in before and she heard Brolo sigh.
"Fine," he gave up, "have it your way." He watched her and saw the mischeviousness suddenly crawl into those pale blue eyes. She suddenly swerved the bow to her right and let go, watching as the arrow hit one tree on an angle, then another, him having to dodge it a few times until finally, it landed smack-dab on the target.
Brolo looked at her in astonishment. "How long have you been waiting to do that?"
Saracne smiled, slyly. "I didn't even know I could." She walked over to pick up the javellins that were strewn across the forest floor.
"Show off," Brolo mumbled. He took the javellin that Saracne handed him and held it in postion across from him. Saracne held hers in position and smiled, then she started swinging it in different directions with one hand. Brolo threw his head back and sighed at her showing off. The pause was only an advantage to Saracne who thrust the long stick forward, pushing him backwards and onto the ground. He tried to get up but she held the javellin to his throat.
"T'was you who told me never to look away, old man," she told him, a hint of humor in her voice. Brolo stood, embarrased that his student had overthrown him so. He looked at her smiling face and returned it with a straight one. Saracne's grin dissappeared when he turned away. "What?" she inquired.
He faced her.
"It is time."

"So you're telling me that I have some sort of power?"
Saracne and Brolo were sitting beside the fire, warming themselves as Saracne stared, confused.
"Aye," Brolo answered. "You have the gods' magic, as do I."
"So you are saying that I can do magic--- like you?" Saracne asked.
"Maybe more than I," Brolo told her. "You can speak to animals, you know that much."
"Yes," Saracne replied, "but some can do that without having the power of the Gods."
"You carry the symbol of the Gods. It rests on your forehead, much like mine." Brolo replied.
Saracne pushed back her blonde hair and rubbed her forehead with her fingers, questionably.
"It is there when you are using a considerable amount of magic talking to the animals. Sometimes it appears, other times it doesn't. You have more power inside of you that's just waiting to be unleashed," Brolo told Saracne. He watched her pull her hands down and continue to look at him, confused. "Saracne," he said, " You have such a gift with animals. I want you to learn to morph."
Saracne laughed. "Like you?" she asked, referring to the wolf form he sometimes carried.
"Yes." Brolo answered her.
Saracne's smile vanished. "Buw how am I supposed to do that?" she asked him.
"I'll teach you as I was once taught."

"Shhhh...." Brolo's voice slowly died down and he released his hands from Saracne's face. "Listen." he spoke softly. Saracne heard the soft paddle of paws hit the earth. Too light to be Brolo's. It was Faeyra, the alpha female of the pack. Saracne heard Faeyra sit on the ground in front of where Saracne was sitting, crosslegged. "Look with your mind," Brolo told her, "See what my mate sees; follow Faeyra's sight." Saracne didn't understand, but she pushed her mind until her head hurt. She let out her breath, slumped her shoulders and opened her eyes.
"I can't do this!" she protested.
"You have to do this!" Brolo retorted. "It is time! Now let us try again."
After many hours of trying, Saracne started to fall asleep. Faeyra wasn't delighted either, but Brolo insisted.
"No Faeyra," he told her, "Not yet my love, do this for Saracne."
Faeyra nodded. Try Saracne, she told the girl.
I am trying, Saracne spoke with her mind.
"You have to relax," Brolo told her. "Hold on to Faeyra if it will help you. Just see with her eyes. Look as a wolf looks."
Saracne reached out and touched Faeyra and held on with something she could only describe as twines of magic. Saracne gasped as a sudden feeling swept through her. Her eyes were closed, yet she saw herself. She was looking at herself! She was sitting there like she was, with a gold stream of light shining brightly from a twisted image on her forehead. The vision suddenly switched to Brolo, but she couldn't see him clearly. The only colours that made him up were red and yellow with shades of black and white. But his eyes. She saw them clearly, the same colour as always. They were staring intently on herself. She started feeling tired suddenly and the breath was pulled out of her as the vision swept back to her own. She looked at Brolo through her own tired eyes. "I did it," she told him.
He smiled at her, reached down and kissed her forehead. "We will do this again tomorrow," he promised. "Once you understand the eyes of the wolf, you will make the transformation."
He let her lean her exhausted body against him as he walked her back to the den.
"Tomorrow," Saracne yawned.
"Yes," said Brolo, "Tomorrow."
"It is time."

Aspen and Misty
08-11-2003, 11:00 PM
That was EXTREMLY good! I loved it! Thanx for shareing! Are you writeing more? I can't WAIT to read more!

Ash

wolfsoul
08-11-2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks, I'll paste some more. :) Just let me proof- read the second chapter lol. I'm paranoid..:o

zippy-kat
08-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Wolfsoul,
What I've read so far (:o didn't get all the way through it yet) is great! Really love the unique names.

If you're truly open for suggestions, I'd be glad to send you mine. I prefer to email them to you, however. Do you have MS Word and know how to use the 'comment' feature?

If you'd like to see my suggestions, let me know. :)

wolfsoul
08-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Ok, scratch that...I forgot how long that chapter was lol. I don't really feel like proof-reading it. This is the most action packed one I have so far. I apologize that you can't really see when the animals are talking. In my story on my computer, the print is italicized. I don't really feel like going through the whole thing and italicize it again lol. You'll catch on, I'm sure. :)

Chapter two

Days later, Saracne had managed to master the art of mind sight. She could now see what animals see. And not even just wolves; she's now seen through the eyes of a deer, a badger, an eagle, and a possum! Feeling very proud of herself, Saracne felt that the "time" was a fun thing. But then it started to get more difficult.
"I want you to become a wolf," Brolo told her.
She looked up from where she still lay. It was only morning and already he was drilling her.
"Does it hurt?" she asked.
"No," he replied. "The first time I shape changed, I felt a tingly feeling," he explained. "But it soon went away, and by then, I was feeling wonderful. Inside the body of a wolf." He stared into space for a moment, but quickly turned his eyes back to her. "So?" he inquired.
"Alright." Saracne stood up and pulled on her trousers. She wasn't ashamed of changing in front of Brolo, he raised her, and he knew it, but he still turned his head in a gentlemanly fasion. "Done," she assured him. He nodded, blushing, and they walked outside of the den. By then, all of the pups were awake and following them.
"Now," Brolo said, "this isn't hard once you get used of it, but it may take a while at first. All I want you to do is imagine that you are a wolf."
Saracne got down on all fours, which was a difficult task when seven wolf younglings are trying to drag your entire body down. "Shoo!" she told them. The pups left, all except Therixz, who hung on tight to her leg. Saracne kicked and Therixz fell off and romped over to join his littermates.
"Imagine," Brolo said. "You can feel your paws...the soft earth caving in beneath those rough pads....strong legs...four of them.....you can---"
Saracne did not have to hear the rest. She could feel power soaring inside of her. She imagined her wet nose, her hanging tongue, dripping after a hot day. She imagined her yellow eyes seeing the hues of yellow, red, black, and white, and the soft hue of grey. She imagined her strong legs, running, each paw falling into the same spot as the last, her tired muscles aching after a long hunt. She imagined her warm shaggy fur, covering her entire body, falling against her sides as she galloped along.
She didn't even feel the change until it was over. A strong tingly sensation. She opened her eyes and looked around. Her sight wasn't likeable, but, oh the scent! She took in a deep breath through her nose and wondered at the interesting things around her. She heard Brolo laughing, gleefully, and she ran up and pounced on him. Not accustomed to this amount of wolfish power, she tumbled him backward into the dirt. She licked his face and he laughed. When she stood up, he, too, morphed into wolf form, and he turned and ran into the forest, Saracne not far behind. The pups also followed, as well as Faeyra and the other adults and yearlings. Saracne was not used of her four legs, and she clumsily tripped and fell, and even crashed into trees, but it did not stop her. On she ran. She ran so fast, even Brolo could not catch up, and she was happy. The "time" must be a happy thing!
When she returned to the den, it was only late into the afternoon, but she was so tired of running, and her magic wore her out so much that she tumbled into her sac and slept right away. She didn't even feel Therixz snuggle in right beside her. Therixz was also smiling inside, and he slept just as she.

When Saracne awoke, it was early the next morning. Brolo was already up, and he seemed to be packing a bag. She lifted her head to get a better look. Saracne watched as he put books, coins, bread, cooked meat, fruits and vegetables into a large bag. "Brolo?" she called. He looked up at her and smiled.
"It is time," he told her.
"Time? But I thought --" she asked.
"Aye," he replied. "You must help a dear friend of mine."
"Friend?" Saracne asked, confused. She had never seen him with another human being so she assumed that he meant an animal.
"Yes," he said. "A man named Kayden. He lives in Sarandale."
"What?" Saracne asked, surprised. She barely even communicated with human beings, let alone travel to a strange city to help one. Sometimes she made the couple hour long trip to the city outside the skirts of the woods to watch the people. She liked to look at the children playing and sometimes she saw a lovely couple kiss and she grew jealous that she, herself, would never be able to have a mate of her own. "Wait," she started, "You want me to go to Sarandale don't you? Because if you do, than I will not--"
"Saracne," Brolo interupted, "I know how you must feel about this, but this isn't a matter of want. There was a prophecy made many years ago, that a child of the Gods would save the people of this very world."
Saracne's eyes widened. "But that isn't me!" she protested. "Is it?"
"It could very well be," he replied. "And in any case, I believe it is you."
"So...what? You want me to go to Sarandale, find this Kayden person, and do what?"
"Help." Brolo told her. "Look at this."
He handed Saracne a rolled up piece of paper. She opened it up in her hands. It was written in something she couldn't read.
"It's code," Brolo said, "so only I can read it."
"Well, WHAT does it say?" asked Saracne.
"It says that they have gotten word from the land of Hikbash." Brolo's voice grew deep. "The Dark King has risen," he told her.
"The dark king?" she inquired.
"Aye," replied Brolo. "a king that was defeated many centuries ago, but not without the promise that he would return."
"But how was he--"
"Listen," Brolo said, his voice rising, "just go travel to Sarandale and Kayden will tell you everything. Right now you have to leave."
Saracne watched as he went back to packing. "Brolo..."Saracne started. He looked at her. She stared for a moment then looked away and went to gather her arrows into her quiver.
Brolo handed her the large bag and a tightly wrapped tent and took a long gander at her. He brushed back her long blonde hair and looked deep into her sky blue eyes. He took the ring from his finger and placed it on her own. Saracne watched as it shrunk to fit her own small finger. "As long as you have this, I am with you."
Saracne threw her arms around Brolo and sqeezed him tight. He held her shoulders and pushed her into an arms length away. "It is time," he told her.
Saracne nodded.
"It is time."

Saracne headed off in the direction that the map Brolo gave her said. She climbed down the rocks and looked back to make sure that Therixz wasn't having any troubles getting down them. Sometimes she had to carry him, whether he liked it or not. Brolo had insisted she bring the alpha pup with her, and she didn't argue. After all, it would be nice to have someone to talk to on this long journey.
Can we rest yet? the little wolf asked.
Saracne shook her head, "No," she told him, "we must keep going until we reach the lake."
Why can't we stop at that lake? Inquired Therixz, referring to the lake that was beside the mountian they were climbing down.
"Because," Saracne explained, "that isn't the lake. We are to go to a specific lake."
Father said we aren't allowed to drink from that lake, the pup argued, and I'm thirsty! I bet we can drink from this lake!
Saracne wondered for a moment. Why weren't they able to drink from the lake? She looked at her map. The Lake of Dreams, it said. Well it certainly sounded nice. But either way, Saracne decided that Therixz was right. They made a left turn down the mountain and headed in the direction of the lake that Therixz wanted to go to.
Once there, Therixz leaped into the water and fooled around whilst Saracne opened her bag and prepared a lunch for herself. She hadn't even noticed the darkening sky as they headed through the woods. Soon enough, it was pure darkness. Saracne pulled the light globe out of her bag and watched as the glass ball lit up the space around her. She pulled the ropes off the tent and opened it and started setting it up, all the while completely aware of the sounds coming from all around her. She heard animals whispering, but she heard sounds that were not animal nor human, and she grew increasingly afraid. Therixz shared her fear, for he made sure that he was atleast touching Saracne at all times. Finally, the tent was set up, and both girl and pup crawled quickly in and sighed with relief that they were out of the outside world.
And they slept.

The next day, they reached The Lake of Dreams and grew interested at the sight of animals sleeping all around it. Therixz made a run for the water, but Saracne shouted and called him back. "This place does not feel right," she told the young pup. "And besides, Brolo told us not to even let the water touch our lips." Saracne heard the crack of a foot coming down on a branch so she ducked down and held onto Therixz with strong arms. They watched as a deer emerged from the bushes a few yards away. Both drew a sigh of relief and watched as the doe took a drink of water from the lake. Saracne's motuh opened when she saw the deer's front legs buckle and its eyes close. It's body curled in an eternal sleep. "Let's keep going," Saracne said quietly.
They had reached their final step past the lake and Saracne looked back at the map. The next stop was the Ridgentale Forest. Brolo had warned her of this forest times before. "There is much trickery there," he had told her.
Saracne turned to Therixz, "Be careful not to eat anything but the ration I give you now, and make sure that you stay with me. Don't follow the illusions your father spoke of, and don't go near the trees."
The pup nodded and said, Well, give me my food then.
Saracne reached into her pack and took out a piece of venison. She ripped it in half and ate some herself. Then she took a long swig of the water that filled up her canteen. She waited until Therixz had finished, and the two took their first step into the forest. It seemed rather normal at first. Nothing unusual happened. There were your ordinary woodland creatures, regular trees, typical stream that ran outside the path. Yet there was an air of something that Saracne couldn't describe. Something magical. Saracne felt the strong urge to morph into animal form but fought it. She had to keep her usual senses until she was accustomed to new ones in these types of situations. Besides, who knew if she would even be able to change back to normal when in an enchanted forest.
"I wonder how long we will be in this forest for?" Saracne told Therixz. When she didn't hear an answer, she turned around. "Therixz?"
Therixz was gone.

Saracne? Therixz called. Saracne, Where are you? It was like she dissapeared. One minute she was there, the next-- gone. Therixz's eyes were wild with fright. He ran down the path, desperately calling Saracne's name.
But no answer ever came. His white fur was now riddled with mud, his yellow eyes were bloodshot due to the lack of sleep he had gotten the night before. It was dark now, and Therixz was scared. He began to whimper, and he heard something. Saracne? he called, with hope.
"Well, well."
He heard a voice. It was like windchimes, but horribly crafted ones that sang off-key.
"A little lost wolfling."'
The voice spoke in a sing-song sort of way.
Who's there? Therixz asked.
"Oh, don't mind me," the voice told him, "after all, you wouldn't want to upset that friend of yours."
Saracne? Asked the wolf, cocking his head.
"Is that her name?" the voice inquired.
Therixz remembered what Saracne had said about keeping to himself and her, and backed up.
"Where do you leave?" the voice called to him.
Therixz didn't answer. He just ran.
"Wait!" said the voice. "I know where you can find her!"
Therixz stopped in his tracks.
"That's right," the voice said, "come back here. I'll tell you where she is."
The pup slowly walked back to where he once stood. It was dark, but he could have sworn he saw a red light through the trees.
"She's over here," said the voice. "Come," it told him, "come through the trees. That's right, this way."
Therixz slowly pushed his way between the bushes, and the red light he saw kept getting brighter. It grew so bright that it partially blinded him for a moment, but he could still smell and hear. The smell was absolutley horrid. He almost choked on the "black" scent, for that is the only word that truly described it clearly. All he could hear was laughter. Sick laughter. Laughter that was just not right, not the way a happy person laughs. It was the last thing he heard before tight limbs wrapped around him.

Saracne became frantic as she retraced her steps again and again, searching for the lost wolf pup. She saw where her footprints kept going, and his just---stopped. She fell down on her knees and began to cry, when she heard a noise. She looked up and listened.
"Wolf pup, wolf pup, I've got a wolf pup! HeeHee!"
Saracne cringed at the grinding sound inside the singing voice.
"Who are you?!" Saracne yelled. "Where is he?! Give him to me!"
"Wolf pup, wolf pup, I've got a wolf pup!"
Saracne got up and followed the tormenting voice.
Sometimes it interrupted it's little phrase with a penetrating laugh that sent shivers up Saracne's spine, but otherwise, it went on singing.
"In here," she heard, "The little runt has gotten lost, but I found him!"
Saracne pushed her way through the bushes, following the voice. She wasn't prepared to see the bright red light the suddenly shone on her face. She squinted, and saw something reach for her. She ducked, and the moving thing went above her head. Below the blinding light, she could now make out a sillohuette. The light faded and soon she was looking at the large furry black body of a spider, with two human heads!
She almost gagged at the smell when the spider moved closer to her, leaning off its web. When she turned her head to escape the horrible stench, her vision landed on something white wrapped tightly inside one of the monster's eight legs. Therixz!
She kicked away a leg that reached to grab her,and she stood up. Grabbing the bow that her arm was through, she held it in front of her and reached for an arrow. She shot perfectly, but was utterly discusted when she hit her target; an eye. Blue ooze flowed from its eye, smoking as the monster cried out in pain. She shot again, hitting the heart; or where the heart should have been. It was still alive.
Another leg reached for her, and this time she didn't have enough time to pull away. It held on tightly and hanged her upside down. The unharmed head came down on her leg and she felt its sharp teeth penetrate her leg. She kicked it in the head with her free leg and it dropped her on the ground, almost knocking her unconscious. Saracne then heard a roar coming from the monster and focused her sight properly.
Therixz clung onto the leg of the two-headed spider with his sharp teeth. The spider flung him, and the pup went flying towards Saracne. She tried to catch him but missed and he fell onto the ground. She was relieved to see him stand up, unharmed, and shake himself off.
Saracne reached into her quiver and pulled out more arrows, but nothing would kill this thing, only harm it. She considered just running, but figured that the spider would be able to outrun her once off of its web. She came to her last arrow. She looked at where she had wounded the monster, and then tried to find where she didn't. Her sight falled at where the blue human heads sprouted out from. A single neck. It bobbed as it hissed and screamed, in a sing song voice all the while.
The monster lifted one leg and prepared to swing. It was now or never.
Saracne unleashed her arrow that penetrated the monsters adam's apple. A shrill squeak came out of the monster's throat, and the spider finally went down, blue ooze pouring from its mouth.
Saracne stood there, in shock. She backed up one step, then bent down, picked up Therixz and ran. It wasn't long before her leg started hurting. She took out her light globe and pulled her trouser leg up. Where the puncture wounds were, was surrounded in black. She could have sworn that she saw the black part getting bigger. She looked more carefully. She was right. The black part was slowly getting bigger. If she didn't get help, it would engulf her whole!
All she had to do now was get past Reya Creek and she would be in the safe part of the forest. Then she could cross the field and be in Sarandale where she could get aid.
She ran, holding Therixz, as fast as she could, despite the pain that wanted to hold her back.
I can smell water, Therixz told her.
Saracne ran faster, and then both could see it. She waded through it. It wasn't very deep, only past her waist, and the cold numbed her leg.
Saracne! Therixz shouted. Saracne looked to where his nose was pointed and noticed spikes moving above the water. Just as quickly as she saw it, it went under. She dipped her entire body in the water and swam, as fast as she could. She did not want to see the owner of such a monstrous fringe. She was almost across when she heard a crackling sound coming from a few feet away. She didn't even turn to look at it, but heard another outburst from Therixz. Teeth! Big ones! Saracne! Saracne!
Saracne made it to land and choked on water. She got up and ran, not bothering to look back at the monster that Therixz saw.
The field was large, and she was afraid that she wouldn't have enough time. She could feel the blackness slowly engulfing her leg and she cried. She cried while she ran, and when she finally made it to the gates she keeled over and cried some more.
A guard looked down at her shaking body yelled something. Soon the drawbridge was being released and someone was carrying her. The last thing she saw was Therixz being taken from her grasp.

The world was black. And then there was light.
Saracne sat up and watched as Brolo spread sparkles over her leg. The blackness vanished and her pain was relieved. "Brolo!" she said.
Brolo took her in a hug. "So you have found Sarandale I see." he said.
"Yes," Saracne replied, "but how did I get here?" she asked, looking at the den entrance.
"You aren't really here," Brolo answered, "but you are with me."
Saracne was skeptical. She didn't understand.
"The ring I gave you is connected to me. It carries my magic, and so will always carry a part of me," Brolo explained.
"So I'm still in Sarandale?" Saracne asked.
"Your body is," Brolo replied. "but your mind is here with me."
"My journey was horrible!" Saracne suddenly vented, "First there was this--"
"I know," Brolo interupted you, "I was watching. But now is not the time to talk of it. Kayden will soon need you. And you will need him." Saracne looked down. Brolo raised her chin. "Remember the magic I taught you, and your fighting skills. You will need them for what you are about to accomplish."
Saracne didn't even have a chance to rply. She was pulled back to Sarandale so quickly, she jumped up in her bed. A man leaped to his feet and took Saracne by the shoulders, pushing her back on the bed. "You must rest," he told her. She layed back and took a good look at the man.
He had long black hair, pulled back in a half-ponytail. His dark green eyes stared at her intensely. He had nicely tanned skin and was very muscular.
"How are you feeling?" he asked her.
"Better," she replied, patting Therixz who was tied to her bed post.
"You got quite a bite there," the man said, motioning to Saracne's leg. "It's rare one escapes from a speydron."
"Speydron?" Saracne questioned.
"Aye," the man replied, "A spider with two or more heads that lures their prey with tormenting voices and songs."
Saracne knew that much. "What did it do to my leg?" she asked him.
"Speydrons are dangerously venomous," he told her. "When the venom is released into the blood, the body will quickly rot. Kills almost instantly."
Saracne was confused. It must have taken her half an hour to get to the gate.
"But you on the other hand," he continued, "you were able to hold the poison and only your leg was affected." He smiled at her. "Brolo told me you were special."
Saracne's eyes widened. "Are you Kayden?" she asked the man.
"That I am," he answered her. "And you are Saracne."
"Aye," she replied. "and this is Therixz," she said, motioning to the white wolf pup.
"Nice to meet you Therixz," Kayden laughed. "You must get some rest," he told Saracne. And he left. She didn't stop him. She seemed not to care to ask of anything anymore.
Saracne rolled over and untied Therixz. She felt him cuddling and she held him tightly against her chest. After a while, the wolf pup started shuffling. Saracne? Therixz whispered.
"Yes?" Saracne asked.
I was just making sure you were still alive.
I am, thought Saracne, I'm alive.

wolfsoul
08-11-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Wolfsoul,
What I've read so far (:o didn't get all the way through it yet) is great! Really love the unique names.

If you're truly open for suggestions, I'd be glad to send you mine. I prefer to email them to you, however. Do you have MS Word and know how to use the 'comment' feature?

If you'd like to see my suggestions, let me know. :)

I don't have MS word..:( But you can PM me your suggestions, or email me at [email protected].

Thanks! :)

moosmom
08-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Wolfsoul,

You have a great talent!! I was very impressed.

I'm a writer as well. I've been working on a story for the past 6 years. It's titled "Message in a Bottle". It's a true story about an adult child caring for an alcoholic elderly parent. I haven't really figured out how to write the end.

But I did get some adivce from one of my good friends who is a columnist at the newspaper I used to work for. She told me to write till I cannot write anymore, then keep on writing, even if it hurts because that's when you're best writing and emotions comes out.

I hope you plan to have your story published. Sounds like a great success! Good luck!!

ChloeLove
08-12-2003, 09:30 AM
:o I didn't get through the whole thing either, but I will soon! But I did read most of it, and what I read of it was *really* good!! :D Good job!

apcrs5122
08-12-2003, 09:35 AM
That is a wonderful story! I can't wait to read more:D You have alot of talent!

wolfsoul
08-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Thanks everyone! :) I'm not done the third chapter quite yet, but I'll add it here when I am finished.

Thanks for the advice moosmom! :) I hope that you get your book done soon!

Kfamr
08-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Great story.

It reminds me alot of Julie's Wolf Pack, ( I think that's what it's called)

slleipnir
08-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Wow, thats really good :) You have a talent there. I love writing too but I suck at it soo much. I've been writing a story too just for myself cause its amusing :)

wolfsoul
08-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Thanks! :) I'm working on the second chapter..It should be done soon! ;)

wolfsoul
08-28-2003, 04:46 PM
This chapter isn't nearly complete. I have more, but it's starting to get to the point where it starts to sound dumb. So bear with me while I rethink what the heck I'm doing. :eek: Once again, I apologize that Therixz's and Lurr's comments and Saracne's mind comments aren't italicized. I'm too lazy to go throguh it and italicize all over again lol.

Chapter 3

Kayden looked down at the sleeping girl. She looked so young. It was hard to believe he was only four years older. He didn't want to wake her, but wished she would get up so they could begin travelling to Hikbash, the dark kingdom. He wasn't really sure how, but he knew that they could defeat the dark king's armies. Saracne had power in her, he could feel it, and Kayden didn't doubt that she underestimated it. With her power combined with his, he was sure they could make it.
He looked down at her. She held onto the wolf pup so tightly, even in sleep, as if protecting him. And Kayden knew right then and there, that he wanted to protect her.
She needed protection.

Kayden was there when Saracne awoke. She smiled up at him. "Good morning," she greeted.
"Good morning," he replied, returning her smile. "Are you ready?"
"Ready?" she inquired.
"Yes," Kayden looked down. "We leave today."
Saracne groaned and lifted her head off the pillow. "Alright," she said, putting Therixz on the stone floor. "Where are my things?"
Kayden pointed to the corner on the other side of the bed. Saracne grabbed her bag and tent and walked back over to where Kayden was standing. She looked at him with a steady gaze and said,"I'm ready."

Saracne had never ridden a horse before, but she had spoken with them. She tried to avoid their saucy behaviour at all costs, but her feet were tired from her last journey. So on horseback she was.
Slide up on the saddle, will you?! her mount complained
Saracne moved up and grumbled a curse under her breath.
And tell that stupid dog of yours to keep it's paws in the saddlebag!
"Alright!!!" Saracne screamed. Kayden looked at her critically. "The horse," she explained, uneasily. "I'm afraid she doesn't much like me."
"Brolo said you had odd relationships with animals," Kayden laughed.
"I can talk to them," Saracne corrected, "and do other things."
Brolo nodded his head toward the falcon on his shoulder. "I can talk to falcons, and shift into them as well."
Saracne was relieved that they had something in common. She was growing increasingly nervous, as she wasn't used to being around so many people, ecspecially ones like Kayden. She looked at the army that surrounded her, and started to get anxious again.
Kayden noticed her anxiety. "I don't like to be crowded either," he told her, "I'd rather be alone, or with my falcon, Lurr."
Saracne was glad to have him to talk to. "I like to be with Brolo," she replied, "and the wolves." She looked down at Therixz who was sitting inside the saddle bag at Saracne's side.
Kayden reached out and stroked the wolf pup's head. "What are you going to do with the pup when the battle begins?"
Saracne thought for a moment. "I guess that Brolo will have to tell me." she replied.
"I could get Lurr to send him a message if you like," Kayden said, generously.
"That's alright," Saracne declined, "I have a ring. Brolo tells me things in my dreams when I wear it."
"That's amazing!" Kayden replied.
"That's Brolo." Saracne said and smiled.
They talked for the rest of the day. Saracne didn't ask about the prophecy, or the war, for she didn't want to know. Not that she enjoyed being surprised, but she felt like when she needed to know something, it would be told to her. She also didn't want to risk making her or Kayden uncomfortable. In the time they talked, Saracne learned that Brolo taught Kayden his fighting skills many years ago, and they lived together until Brolo was accused of blasphomy and was sentenced to exile. She also found out that Kayden's parents had died when he was just an infant and Brolo took care of him, like an older brother. Until he was four. That's when Saracne was born, and that's when Brolo took care of her. But such things were spoken in hushed voices. Kayden made it clear that none other were to know such things. Saracne felt special and priveledged to have these things known to her.
The more they talked, the more Saracne like Kayden.
It was dark now, and Therixz was complaining that he couldn't sleep on such a bumpy mount. The horse, of course, retorted, and Saracne was getting tired of hearing both animals argue. "Kayden," she started, "don't you think we should set up camp soon?"
"There should be a clearing up here," Kayden replied.
They rode a little farther until they could see a large clearing through the trees. Saracne and Kayden decided to set up camp there, whilst other parts of the army looked for other clearings.
Saracne got off her horse, but her inexperienced legs were sore from the ride and her knees buckled. Kayden caught her at the last second. "Here," he said, "Up we go. Don't stand on these feet until tomorrow," he told her. "I'll set up your tent for you, just relax."
Saracne was happy that she didn't have to put up her tent, because frankly she found it quite difficult.
Once it was set up, Kayden turned to her. "Where is your sleeping sac?" he asked her.
"I don't have one," she replied.
"I'll get you one," Kayden told her, and he left to go find one.
"Saracne!" she heard a female voice call. She turned and saw a woman heading towards her. "Hi Saracne, I'm Anya."
Saracne envied Anya's dark golden ringlets. "Hi," Saracne told her, "how did you know my name?"
"Oh," Anya replied, "everyone is talking about you. They say that you are the child of the prophecy; the one who will lead us all out of danger. Is it true ? What do you know of the Dark King?"
Saracne's head was reeling. "I don't know anything," she said, uncomfortably, "I don't know who I am, and I don't know anything about the prophecy. Nor do I know of the Dark King, except that he can't be very nice if we are going to war with him."
Anya didn't look disappointed. "Well, atleast you know you're important right? I mean you've obviously caught Kayden's eye.."
"What is that supposed to mean?" Saracne asked, skeptically.
"Saracne, dear, Kayden is a very important person. He is the most powerful mage in Sarandale, not to mention in all of the other nine duchies."
"So?" Saracne asked, "Why should that stop him from paying me attention?"
"Well..."Anya didn't seem to be able to put her words together.
Kayden showed up with a sleeping sac for Saracne. "Oh, hello Anya," he said.
"Hi Kayden," Anya replied, smiling. "I suppose I'll be off." She turned to Saracne, "Nice chatting with you Saracne. Come by my tent sometime, I have more important news to tell you."
Saracne had no intention of going to her tent, but she nodded her head anyways. She took the sac that Kayden handed her.
"I know that it's late," Kayden told her, "but you haven't had dinner. Why not stay up a while longer, I'll get you some food. We can eat in my tent."
"Alright," Saracne said, yawning. "Food sounds great."
Saracne waited in Kayden's tent as he dished her some food. She looked around. It was a very large tent, and she had watched people pull things from carraiges and put them in it. Kayden's falcon, Lurr, was sitting on a perch by a desk with papers on it. She didn't want to snoop, ecspecially with Lurr watching her, but the papers just seemed important and were exceptionally inviting. She got up and went to look at them.
Why has your interest stirred? asked Lurr.
"No reason," Saracne said while looking at the strange enscriptments. It was the same secret writing that Brolo had showed her. She opened the drawer the desk. There were more papers inside. She lifted them, and a flat shiny stone fell from in between and onto the ground. It clattered loudy against the earth. She bent to retrieve it. As her fingers touched it's glossed surface, Saracne felt a rush of power around her, and a bright light filled her eyes. She was suddenly riding a winged horse - a pegasus. An army of decomposing bodies marched below her, charging in on Sarandales soldiers. She was trying to comprehend what was happening when she saw a dark figure tower before her. A molding black hand reached out and swung, slamming Saracne and her mount. She fell. She reached out and screamed as she felt the ground cave in on her already hurting body.
Kayden shook her. "Saracne!" he yelled at her. Saracne saw herself on the ground. She was in Kayden's tent again. She was panting. Kayden wiped a tear away from her cheek. "Saracne, you were screaming, it was like you'd been posessed!"
Saracne felt like crying, but decided to keep some dignity after most likely looking like a complete fool. "I don't know what happened..." She told Kayden.
"What's this...?" Saracne felt Kayden pry her clenched fingers open and pull out the stone.
"I took it out the desk, I didn't mean to, I was just looking at the papers and it fell, I - ...."
Kayden's eyes quickly moved to hers in a angry gesture. "You went through my things?" His voice was hot and dripped with hostility.
"Kayden, please, I'm sorry, I was just - "
"Out." Kayden said quietly. "Do you know what you might have done?!"
"Kayden..."
"OUT!"
Saracne ran out crying. She immediatly went to her tent where she buried her head in Therixz's fur and wept. She had just suffered a strange and frightening vision, and if that wasn't enough, she had to ruin her friendship with Kayden. She thought of when she had lived with Brolo and the wolves, and how happy she was. It was all over. The lowest of lows was crashing on Saracne's head, and it hurt her. She wondered if this was just a dream, and if she would be awakened by little wolf pups biting her feet..

She woke up in pain, and kicked a nose that was near her feet. She looked up, hope filling her eyes, but it was only Therixz, and she was in her tent. She heard people outside packing their things, getting ready for the long trip still ahead. She wrapped up her tent and hitched it up to her horse's saddle, making sure to watch out for Kayden. She didn't want to see him after what had happened the night before. She was trying not think about it when Anya approached her. Saracne pretended to be too focused on her mount to notice the older woman.
"Saracne, hi," Anya greeted.
"Hello Anya," Saracne replied, managing a smile.
"Rumor has it that yelling came from Kayden's tent last night and that you ran out in a flurry," Anya told Saracne.
"Do you believe everything you hear?" Saracne countered.
"He also woke up in a most unpleasant mood this morning," Anya continued.
Saracne didn't enjoy this critisism. She wasn't entirely used to talking to people other than Brolo, let alone having them analize her every move.
"Look," Saracne said, "I don't know what you want from me. I'm not going to give you details of my life." Saracne wished so much right now to just change into a small rodent and scare Anya away. "I'm here to help, just like you. Let's keep our relationship professional, just my relationship with Kayden." Saracne winced at that last statment: relationship with Kayden.
To her surprise, Anya looked genuinely hurt. "You have to understand," Anya started, "I'm not just a gossip. I really want to know more about you." And with that, she walked briskly away.
Saracne didn't understand Anya. There was something she couldn't place - Almost a familiarity in her face. Saracne shrugged it off. She noticed that people were already on their mounts and ready to go. She put Therixz in the saddle bag. When people started moving, she followed the crowd.
"Hello Saracne," said a voice. Saracne looked to her right. There was a lovely young woman on a proud mount. She had very long wavy light brown hair tied up and tumbling down her back. Her blue eyes sparkled, focusing on Saracne and waiting for an answer.
"Hello," Saracne managed.
"I'm Rilla," the girl said. "I've heard rumors that the child of the prophecy was among us."
Saracne looked sore for a moment. "If that's what I am.''
"Well, either way, you and Kayden seem to get along fine."
"Why is that such a big deal with everyone?!" Saracne said, trying not to to shout.
"Because," Rilla started, " Kayden is important among our people."
"Important -- like royal?" Saracne asked.
Rilla laughed, "No," she replied, "though Kayden is an important asset and it fawned upon by the majesties, he still carries the simple carter's blood from which he was borned."
"Why does that make the difference? If he is such an importance among the people, do you not think he could govern the people well?" Saracne was confused.
"As King?" Rilla laughed. "Your guardians did not teach you much about such customs. You see, when a king passes on, his heir takes over. Only someone who is related to him can be his heir. Otherwise, I suppose everyone would be applying to be King!"
"Is the King's heir as talented or important as Kayden?" asked Saracne, thinking with a wolf's mind that humans were confusing.
"As important -- of course. But as for talented..." Her voice drifted. "You see, there are four of the king's relations that are candidates for heir. Two females, and two males."
"Females? But wouldn't that make them Queen?"
"Yes, but it doesn't really matter. Since your interested I'm going to ask your advice. " She waited for Saracne to nod. "Now, of the males, one is really -- Well, vain, for loss of a more courteous word. He seems only to want the title of King for his own power - Not for the good of the people. As for magic, there are rumors. Some say he's able to curse people and bend them to his will. It can be frightening enough that people will take his interest to mind." Saracne nodded as she took this information in. "The other male, gracious as he is, doesn't seem fit for King. His mind often wanders. He fits the role of poet or artist more than King. "
"And the women?"
"One woman wants to be heir for the good of the people. She has a few powers, but some think it isn't enough. She tries her hardest to help the communtiy but no one seems to notice." She looked sad for a moment but a jolt from the stumble of her horse seemed to awaken her. "The other woman," she started, "is so far quite a mystery to us all. We know that she has powers -- great powers, so Kayden says." She noticed Saracne wince at Kayden's name. "I was wondering, who would you think to be the best heir?"
Saracne considered a moment. "Well," she said, "The first woman sounds like she would make a good leader. She wants to consider the needs of her people, and you said she tries to help them. It's much like what would make a good wolf leader." Rilla looked confused. "A wolf leader," Saracne explained, "Helps the pack. He doesn't just sit around and let the pack hunt for him. He joins the hunt."
"Joins the hunt." Rilla repeated. "Oh, she's hunting as we speak." She smiled and then looked to her right where a knight motioned for her to come over to him. "I must take leave now. A friend is calling for me. We'll speak again soon!"
Saracne nodded and watched her trot away. She reached down to pat Therixz's head. "I don't understand these humans," she told him. "I wish we could have just stayed with Brolo and the wolves." Therixz's silent assent comforted her.

They stopped to make camp again. According to Anya, who had made some more conversation with her despite Saracne's snap at her earlier, they still had a long way to go until they reached the Dark Kingdom. "We don't really even know where it is." Anya told Saracne. "We are relying on very ancient maps. The people from Sarandale haven't gone on a mission like this since --- Well, I don't even know. Who knows what we'll find when we get there?"
"Why are we going to fight? Why don't we just leave the Dark King alone? He hasn't done anything to us, has he?" Saracne inquired.
"If we don't defeat him, when he reaches full power he will take over the entire world! He almost did, thousands of years ago. Rikh The Mighty defeated him, with the Web."
"The Web?"
"Yes." Anya replied. "Not many know about it. There has been no written evidence of anyone having it after Rikh The Mighty. Before that, many people had it. I'm not even sure what it is. But I can tell you that it is a very powerful beast magic. Kayden might be able to tell you more." Saracne looked away. "What is it?" Anya asked. "I had noticed that you and Kayden weren't riding together. Is something wrong between you?"
"I was stupid and now he's mad at me."
"What did you do?" Anya asked. Saracne looked at her feet. "Alright, well if you don't want to tell me...but you had better get things settled with Kayden. He's the one who knows the most about this mission. And he's the one who is supposed to be teaching you. It's his duty! You can't really blame only yourself." Saracne looked back up at her. "And you don't want to be on his bad side." Anya winked."Anyways, we'd better set up our tents."
Saracne nodded and got started. When she was done, she untacked her horse and brought it to a nearby pond. The horse was ornery and was insulting Saracne, so she blocked out the horse's comments, unaware that she even could. The horse looked annoyed that Saracne was ignoring her, but bent her head down for a drink anyways. Saracne looked at her reflection through the ripples. Her face was caked with dirt. She leaned over and splashed herself with the cool water. When she looked again, Kayden's figure was standing behind her. She startled, then kept looking ahead, ignoring him, hoping he would leave.
"I'm sorry I was angry." Kayden's voice said behind her. She kept looking ahead. "You have to understand the consequences of what you might have done." When Saracne still didn't answer, he went on. "That stone belonged to Rikh The Mighty. It showed him where to go, what to do. It helped him defeat the Dark King. It chose him. But where there is a blessing, there is an evil. The stone was passed on from son to son and so on, until it reached my best friend, Tulic. One day, while trying to discover it's secret, the stone took him in. His whole self. I've no idea where he'd gone to. No idea if I'll ever see him again. I didn't want the same for you."
Saracne looked back at him. "I'm sorry about your friend." she said.
Kayden nodded. "Just thought you should know." he said, and then walked back to the camp.
Saracne looked down at her ring. "Oh Brolo," she whispered, "why do I have to be this person? Why is it up to me to save the world?" He never answered. Saracne told the horse not to run off and then walked to her tent. She smiled as she saw Therixz rough housing with a dog. He was getting bigger every day. Already she knew that he would be traveling by foot instead of being in the saddle bag all day. She glowed with pride like Therixz was her own son. Lifting the tent flap, Saracne went inside and slept a deep sleep.

It's up to you because you have the power,
What? Saracne asked.
You asked me, Brolo reminded her, and I'm telling you. You have the power to destroy this creature, and you are going to use it. That is why you are to save the world.
What power? Saracne asked. So I can talk to animals. So I can shape-change. So what?! Do you really think that will save the world for what it's worth?
No, Brolo replied, I don't. But maybe your other powers will.
What other powers?!
Look inside yourself. And look inside the animals. Choose the thread that will weave the web.
Choose the-

Saracne sat up quickly. The dream was gone. She looked down at her ring. It was glowing prefusely, but the light dulled into dimness. Choose the thread that will weave the web. The words rang in Saracne's ears. She shook her head. Stripping herself of her dirty clothes, she exchanged them with new ones that someone had placed at her feet. She let her hands slide down the gold embroidery. She'd never worn something this presumptuous. She didn't feel she had the right. She slipped on her boots that had obviously been cleaned and shined. She walked out of her tent and found Kayden softly talking to Therixz. When he saw her, he stopped in mid-conversation and stared. Saracne blushed and looked to the side.
"Saracne," he said, "I thought you'd need a change of clothes, so I bought some from a passing merchant."
"Thank you," Saracne replied, "I was getting tired of smelling like horses."
Kayden laughed. "Would you kindly repay me by riding with me today? I feel that I haven't told you anything of the journey, and today is a lovely enough day to catch up on things." He looked up at the clear blue sky.
Saracne noticed the sly smile that cornered his mouth. "Alright." she said. "I have a few things to tell you as well."
When camp was cleaned up and everyone was ready to go, Saracne and Kayden sunk behind the crowd on their horses to talk. "Now," Kayden started, "I'm surprised that you hadn't asked anything before. I admire you for it. Taking charge, not knowing what you're getting yourself into. Very courageous."
"Actually," Saracne replied, "I think I was more afraid than anything. Afraid of what I'm getting myself into."
"Well, why not I tell you exactly what you're getting yourself into." Kayden waited until Saracne's nodded assent and then went on. "Last month we got word from Riddenkeep, the Glacier Kingdom to the north, that the seers were having visions of a king. A dark king. Bodies twisting up from the earth to perform his evil duties. A world of fire and smoke if this king shall become whole. Then, we got word from Frontington, then Allister, and finally all of the other duchies. The Dark King has risen out of the earth of which he laid for hundreds of years. And he has sent a message to everyone who saw the visions: This time, he will conquer."
"And do we know anything about him?" Saracne asked, awed.
"Nothing." Kayden shook his head. "The legend speaks in riddles. I can find out nothing."
"Do you know the riddle? Speak it to me."
Kayden took a deep breath.

"Once defeated, he shall rise. Coming forth to claim his prize.
The dead will slay, the living try, but blindness comes from eye for an eye.
Only two will win two worlds, the darkness and the light. One will become trapped forever the other will remain to fight.
The Child of the Gods must answer, must reach forth and spin, weaving an eternal light from souls so pure with threads so thin.
If the wheel remains unspinning, if the thread remains unspun, the light recieves the ultimate dungeon, then the darkness will have won.
Souls so pure they speak to one, unuttering a single say. Child of the Gods knows their language, can see their light as one sees day.
Only pureness defeats corruption, using the Child as the door. If they key remains in hiding, darkness fills the lives of fore.

But beware the traitor, the one who lost, he's the one to betray. For he has evil accomplices and will turn the Child the wrong way.
The wrong way leads to confusion, and more betrayal there. Good blood turns bad, best friends turn enemy, and the only way is air."

Saracne's eyes widened at the words. "Kayden!" she said, "Brolo came to me lastnight. He told me "choose the thread that will weave the web." Do you think these have anything to do with eachother?"
"Aye," Kayden said, "they must."
"Kayden, do you know anything of the Web?" Saracne asked quietly.
"The Web? Like in the Legend of Rikh The Mighty?" Saracne nodded. "I know some. But only what I've been told." He looked around. "They say that the Web was a beast magic, used by powerful mages hundreds of years ago. In trying to defeat the Dark King, the most powerful mage, Rikh, was said to take the power from the dead mages that the Dark King had killed, and their beasts, and then turn it upon the Dark King himself. They say that the blast of the power wiped out not only the Dark King, but all of his warriors in Hikbash, the Dark Kingdom. But the legend also says that this blast was caused by pure sadness that his love had been killed in battle, and that nothing else could have made him do it. The next day, he died. He passed the Seer Stone, the one you held, onto his son, and it stayed in the family until just last month." Kayden looked down. "When my friend Tulic was...taken, he had no sons. No wife. No family at all to give it to. So now it's in my possession. And I've yet to know it's secrets."
"Kayden," Saracne started, "Did Lurr," she looked up at the falcon that was perched on his shoulder, quietly listening, "tell you what happened that night? The night I held the stone?" She felt bad for bringing it up.
"Only what he saw." Kayden replied.
I told him that you held the stone and then you fell, Lurr told her.
Saracne nodded. "I held the stone. And suddenly there was a bright light. I saw myself flying upon a winged horse. I was watching the warriors fight. And then a hand reached out and hit me. And I fell." She looked down. "It was like nothing I've ever dreamed. I smelled the rot below me. I felt my face give way under the hand. I felt the wind at my back as I fell. And then I woke up screaming."
"So it has chose you."
"What?" Saracne inquired, confused.
"You are the one." Kayden explained. "Just as the stone chose Rikh, it's choosing you. It's the Seer stone. And you are the Seer."
"The Seer, the Child of the Gods, what else?! I don't even know myself!" Saracne burst out. "I don't know what to do, and I don't know how to do it! Kayden, I'm so confused."
You are my friend, Therixz said, now beside her horse. You are my friend, and I say that we go. We go live a wolf's life. Wolves don't need to worry about wars. Wolves don't need to take over the world. The pack is their world. It is all they need. Let us be wolves now. Wolves know who they are, they know they are wolves. It's been so long since you became one. Change, change and run away with me. We can have a pack of our own. You are a strong wolf, we would make good pups together.
Saracne managed a small smile and shook her head. "No Therixz. It would not be good. I would not want to become like Brolo, too attached to his pack that he can not come help me." Tears stung her eyes.
"Don't speak of him that way!" Kayden told her. "Brolo does all things for a good reason."
The tall one speaks right. Brolo is wise. He stayed for a reason. He is my father, and so I can understand him better than you.
"You can understand him better because you are a wolf, Therixz! I am not a wolf. I am a pretender. I shape change into what I am not so I can be something and know what that something is." Saracne looked at Kayden who looked annoyed that he could only hear one side of the conversation. She told Lurr to translate.
If this is how you feel, I shall go make a pack of my own. I am not meant to be with humans. I am young, but I can find my own female and have my own pups, and maybe we shall have a cave, just like back home. Therixz retorted.
"You are only a pup yourself, if you go out there, you'll be killed!"
Atleast I'll be free.
Saracne watched as Therixz ran into the forest, a white blur against the green of the trees. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She squinted and looked forward, determined not to cry in front of Kayden.