PDA

View Full Version : basement floor covering

lovemyshiba
08-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Unfortunately, our dogs are still not able to have free run of the house when we aren't home. Riley's still too young, Abbey can get destructive, and Kito is mischevious sometimes, but he can be left out a lot.

We have divided our basement into 2 rooms, one which we just finished painting and putting a tile floor in, and the other side--which is where the dogs will stay. I'm trying to decide what to do (inexpensively) for the floor. Right now it's just concrete, with blankets, but Abbey and Riley tug of war with the blankets. We had an old carpet remnant on the other side for them before we finished it, but as soon as one tiny piece came up, they dug at it and tore it up.

Anyone have any suggestions?? I do not want them downstairs on the concrete, and as it is, we've had to put something around the wall so Abbey doesn't dig up the drywayll--she likes to do that. They have toys, treats and each other in there, but still like to hurt carpet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
:)

tomkatzid
08-12-2003, 01:46 AM
In our "Dogs" room;) we have cement floors too. Then Linoleum, then wall-to-wall rubber backed carpet. This carpet is sort of expensive, but well worth it if there is ever an accident. Cement will hold odor so if you leave the floors bare you will need to seal it just in case there is an accident. The linoleum and tile were too cold and slick for the girls. You can shop by phone for a remnant of rubber-backed carpet, especially if your not picky about color. We were lucky and got a nice dark gray with specks of color.
Katz

lovemyshiba
08-13-2003, 09:31 AM
I think I may have found my solution--free!!!

We're replacing the carpeting in 2 rooms at work, and the old ones are being thrown out. The one in the back room is in a few pieces, and is rubber backed carpeting--it just needs a good cleaning, and it will look as good as new!!!
Just have to ask the boss man if I can have it (can't imagine why they would say no)

Thanks for the idea!!!!!

Oh, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a room for my dogs:)