PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed!

wolf_Q
08-11-2003, 08:33 PM
I'd just like to take a moment to complain. This is the Dog House so I don't really care if I'm annoying anyone. ;)

Last Saturday was my friend (Melissa's) birthday. For her birthday she wanted to go to our only (pathetic) local amusement park, Lagoon. Her mom said she'd pay for us, but the catch was we'd have to drag along her younger brother, and I'd have to drive. No problems with that...

Well, her brother decided to take a friend...then it turned into two friends. Her mom was paying for both friends also. It costs $30.95 per person to get in the park...I think that's pretty generous!!

So we started out Saturday morning. Melissa and I and three annoying boys around the Jr./Soph High School age. You'd think they would be very grateful for the ride (its about an hour drive on the freeway) and the free ticket into Lagoon....that maybe they would be respectful....nope, that's too much to ask....:rolleyes:

First thing they did was complain about the dog hair in the back seat. "Don't you have a lint-roller? I don't want that on my clothes...ewwww" Then they moved on to the sagging ceiling. Then the seat didn't have enough room. Then the seatbelt was too tight. The car is 1989 ok? Deal with it! We stopped at the McDonalds drive-thru for breakfast....I specifically stated before we even left the house that if they wanted something, they could pay for it themselves. So what do they do? They whine and whine and complain and sucker Melissa into paying for it. Oh yes, and while we were at the window they yelled at the cashier to see if he had a stapler! They wanted to staple my ceiling! I would really have liked to have smacked them!

The ENTIRE time all I heard was complaints about the music. No wait, not only complaints, stupid little mimics of the singers....you don't make fun of U2's All I Want is You and stay on my good side for long.....

I accidentally missed the exit so, of course, they had to inform me of this about 500 times before we reached the park. Then they had to complain that it took all day to get there. No "Thanks" for the ride, tickets, breakfast.....not even a "Happy Birthday" to Melissa....just a continued smarta$$ attitude on the way home too.

Next time they're taking the bus!!

Kfamr
08-11-2003, 08:53 PM
I would have stopped the car, made them get out and let them complain to a smelly truck driver while hitch-hiking.

P.S. Tell Melissa I said Hi and Happy (late) Birthday!!!

Tonya
08-11-2003, 08:56 PM
lol. I like Kfamr's idea. Or perhaps show them how much more comfortable the trunk is. Boys don't know how to act around girls at that age. They were probably trying to impress you by whining and carrying on like idiots.

primabella
08-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Morons :rolleyes: I hate whiny little brats like that. They didn't like the music? You should have tried a nice tape of "Barney's Classic Songs" and see how badley they'd be begging you to switch it back. :p

Sorry you had a rough time. Are you sure you couldn't have left them at the amusment park Lost and Found :rolleyes:

ILoveReptiles
08-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I'd just like to take a moment to complain. This is the Dog House so I don't really care if I'm annoying anyone. ;)

Last Saturday was my friend (Melissa's) birthday. For her birthday she wanted to go to our only (pathetic) local amusement park, Lagoon. Her mom said she'd pay for us, but the catch was we'd have to drag along her younger brother, and I'd have to drive. No problems with that...

Well, her brother decided to take a friend...then it turned into two friends. Her mom was paying for both friends also. It costs $30.95 per person to get in the park...I think that's pretty generous!!

So we started out Saturday morning. Melissa and I and three annoying boys around the Jr./Soph High School age. You'd think they would be very grateful for the ride (its about an hour drive on the freeway) and the free ticket into Lagoon....that maybe they would be respectful....nope, that's too much to ask....:rolleyes:

First thing they did was complain about the dog hair in the back seat. "Don't you have a lint-roller? I don't want that on my clothes...ewwww" Then they moved on to the sagging ceiling. Then the seat didn't have enough room. Then the seatbelt was too tight. The car is 1989 ok? Deal with it! We stopped at the McDonalds drive-thru for breakfast....I specifically stated before we even left the house that if they wanted something, they could pay for it themselves. So what do they do? They whine and whine and complain and sucker Melissa into paying for it. Oh yes, and while we were at the window they yelled at the cashier to see if he had a stapler! They wanted to staple my ceiling! I would really have liked to have smacked them!

The ENTIRE time all I heard was complaints about the music. No wait, not only complaints, stupid little mimics of the singers....you don't make fun of U2's All I Want is You and stay on my good side for long.....

I accidentally missed the exit so, of course, they had to inform me of this about 500 times before we reached the park. Then they had to complain that it took all day to get there. No "Thanks" for the ride, tickets, breakfast.....not even a "Happy Birthday" to Melissa....just a continued smarta$$ attitude on the way home too.

Next time they're taking the bus!!

You don't even wanna KNOW what I would've done ... *EVIL GLARE*

RubyMutt
08-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Grr :mad: I'm so sorry. I hate ungreatful passengers :mad: I would've made them pay for the gas it took to drive there! And played the music even LOUDER! :D

Twisterdog
08-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Sounds like my son and his friends! What is it with pre-teen and teenage boys?? Nasty little creatures! I took my son to Las Vegas last year on vacation. Nine days of hell for me, I tell you what! He complained and sighed and snorted and rolled his eyes the entire time. Nothing was good enough for him. I told him that was the last vacation I am ever going on with him, and I meant it!

We've been to Lagoon twice this year so far, and we still have one Bounce Back day to use up. I'm sick of it! :rolleyes: But at least you don't have to drive 150 miles to go there, like I do!

wolf_Q
08-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Sounds like my son and his friends! What is it with pre-teen and teenage boys?? Nasty little creatures! I took my son to Las Vegas last year on vacation. Nine days of hell for me, I tell you what! He complained and sighed and snorted and rolled his eyes the entire time. Nothing was good enough for him. I told him that was the last vacation I am ever going on with him, and I meant it!

We've been to Lagoon twice this year so far, and we still have one Bounce Back day to use up. I'm sick of it! But at least you don't have to drive 150 miles to go there, like I do!

I cannot imagine what a horrible trip that must have been! What is there to complain about in Vegas? I've been there 3 times or so and I always have a great time!

I have a Bounce Back to use up also...I have to use it before August 22, what time is yours for? Fortuntely no, it's not 150 miles from me...about an hour...not sure how many miles lol.

Grr I'm so sorry. I hate ungreatful passengers I would've made them pay for the gas it took to drive there! And played the music even LOUDER!

Ah well I *did* play the music louder...found a nice Alanis song on the way home and turned it up all the way *grin*

I did give them a short lecture after the McDonalds incident but they just continued with the smarta$$ comments so I decided it wasn't worth my effort.

cubby31682
08-12-2003, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure if I really want to admit this but, when I was about 14 or 15 I would ride around with my brother of course I would start whining that the music was to loud he drove to fast he drove to slow, he didn't do this and he didn't do that. One day he got tired of it and made me get out of the car and he took off. After that I learned not to complain when someone is giving you a ride in THEIR car. I still don't drive so hubby has to cart me around (to many bad things in my life has happened with driving and I am now afraid to drive) The only comments I make when hubby is driving is, I guess this car didn't come with a blinker. Or I think you ran out of blinker fluid. He never uses the blinker unless he is in heavy traffic. So it's my job to let him know ;)

iceyshiver21
08-13-2003, 06:50 PM
I would have dropped them off in the ditch and drove just in sight...and then see how they felt about the riding accomadations...done it once before...ill do it again.

Logan
08-13-2003, 07:34 PM
I have to say that if this was my child who was so rude and ungrateful, I'd want to know!!! It isn't your place, Amy, to say anything, but the friend ought to let her mom know what happened. How are they going to ever learn if someone doesn't correct them???? I'm sorry that a fun day was ruined for you.

anna_66
08-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Nasty little creatures!
I must agree with this! Boys of that age are just terrible. I commend you on putting up with them after all the rude comments...I would have taken them back home after the McDonalds incident:D
Tell Melissia happy late birthday from me!

Cheshirekatt
08-16-2003, 09:20 PM
They would have gotten non-stop disco the whole way there and back. :)

Plus, I would have made them hold hands and sing together......either that or walk home, their choice.

(You should have licked their food before giving it to them!) :D

pitc9
08-17-2003, 12:55 PM
I don't know how you made the drive without dropping them off on the freeway and making them walk!!!!

(or straping them to the roof!!)

ticosmyham
08-27-2003, 07:32 PM
WOW!! That would have been HORRIBLE!!
And by the way I TOTALLY agree that no one makes fun of U2! I would have just kept turning my music up and up until I couldn't hear them!

Dogz
08-29-2003, 01:36 AM
If they were complaining, I would say, "You like this music?" And then I would turn it up really loud and roll down the windows. Maybe then they wouldn't complain, but if then they started screaming or whatever, I would kick them right out of my car. Maybe they could hitch hike or something.:rolleyes:

Twisterdog
09-01-2003, 05:35 PM
(You should have licked their food before giving it to them!)

LMAO! :p I'll have to remember that one!