PDA

View Full Version : Oooh here we go again......

wolf_Q
08-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Ahhh, I just enrolled Nebo in the Advanced Obedience class at Petsmart. He's taken the Puppy Head Start as well as the Basic Obedience already there. He passed them both, but was a rather big brat in the process. :rolleyes: I looked at my old receipt and he was 7 1/2 months old when he started the last class, and he'll be 1 year and 3 months when he starts this one. It's a 6 week course starting on September 3rd.....at the end of the class the dogs will be taking the Canine Good Citizenship test. I'd really love for him to pass but I'm kind of paranoid about that part. :eek: Any advice from those who've taken that test on what to practice before the class begins?

anna_66
08-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Amy, here's a site you might want to check out. CGC Test Procedures (http://www.akc.org/love/cgc/testprocedures.cfm)
I thought it was fairly easy when I took Roxey & I don't see Nebo having any trouble either:)

Cincy'sMom
08-12-2003, 01:42 AM
I am hoping before too long to be right back testing with you :) There is another therapy dog class starting Sept 8...I just don't know which dog (Sadie or Spot)

In Cincy's class, there were 3-4 dogs that didn't pass. I think the things that gotthem was walking on a loose leash, and greeting other dogs.

I'm sure Nebo will do just fine :)

slleipnir
08-12-2003, 09:09 AM
I had Jo in a basic obedience/advanced. She took both when she was very young..We also had one of those test things at the end. Josie did amazing in all the test she did..all I think you'd need to do is practice at home a lot..thats what I did..Just practice what hes not so good at before the test.

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Best of Luck to You and Nebo with your training and CGC test.

ChloeLove
08-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Good luck to you and Nebo!! :)

GSDgurl
08-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Good luck Amy.....hope Nebo does great~!:D