PDA

View Full Version : Lily peed on the floor!

ScantyNebula
08-11-2003, 01:54 PM
I went home for dinner and when I went in the bathroom I just caught Lily peeing on the carpet mat! I picked her up and put her in her box right away, and I noticed that the litter box was really stinky and had to be changed .. do you think this could have been why she did it??

Do you think she may do it again if she smells pee on the mat?

Funny thing is, after I cleaned her box and put in fresh litter, I went back in to find a poo in her box and some more rubbed into the bathroom floor! I know it was her cause Toby was out with me .. seems a bit odd to me! Any ideas? :confused:

Barbara
08-11-2003, 02:02 PM
I am sure it is the litterbox. This is how Filou taught me to clean the litterbox very often and to have a second one. Can you put the mat in the washing machine?

It was before my eyes about 5 years ago when Filou peed in the basket with the dirty laundry:eek:

catlover4ever
08-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Johanna, mine will refuse to go in a smelly box. Smokey will pee on the basement wall, and Abner and Mystic will beg to go outside if the box is dirty.

As for the pooh on the floor it's possible that as Lily was covering her mess that she steped into her pooh.

I think she messed because the box was smelly. I don't think it she will go on the mat again if the box is clean.

Was she right next to her box? If she was not, the only other thing that I have had experience with is with Smokey having crystals in his urine and he would just pee anywhere he was because he was in such pain, he could not make it down to his box, BUT if she was right next to her box.....then I really think it was because it was smelly.

Meg

aly
08-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Hi Johanna -

I had thought I told you when that happened with her here, but I guess I forgot. When the litterbox would get too messy for her, she'd pee on the plastic that is around the box. I just had to keep it really clean and she stopped doing it. Shiloh does the same thing but she'll poop right next to the box instead of pee.

ScantyNebula
08-11-2003, 04:04 PM
hehe Thanks Alyson, I don't recall you saying, its just that i never had this problem with Toby. :) Lily sure is a little princess ;);)

About the poo part .. she didn't get it on her paws, they were clean when i checked .. its like she rubbed her behind on the floor ??

Kirsten
08-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Luna has taught me the same way to clean her litter box at least twice a day!

And yes, it could be she remembers to have peed on that carpet; I also have one carpet that I had to remove now, because Luna peed on it again and again.

If it happens again, I would suggest to have her urine checked, just in case... If not, I'm sure it's been because of the smelly box. No idea about the poo though...

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Yep, Peanut the little princess does the same, but thank goodness only poop, no pee, and now that the litter boxes are in the basement, it's only poop on the basement floor which is no problem at all - whew!

Cinder & Smoke
08-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
...I just caught Lily peeing on the carpet mat!
Any ideas? :confused:

Yep!

That's Universal Kat Talk which means
Hey HOOMIN! Da Sandy Box STINKS! :mad:
How bout doing sum Box Maintenance!?

Boots leaves "a note" for me when he detects a bit
too munch urine *stinky* in his sand...
He'll do a *pee* RIGHT BESIDE the litter box...
calculated to be "read" with a human sock/foot...

His "note" usually arrives about ONE day before I
was going to dump, wash, and refill the box!

SOME day I'll get it right. :rolleyes:

ScantyNebula
08-11-2003, 09:43 PM
LOL

That sounds about right. She left a "note".

I'll just have to be more careful with litter changes