PDA

View Full Version : How's your weather?

Pam
08-11-2003, 06:13 AM
As I looked out the window this morning to yet another wet day I couldn't help but wonder how many of us are being deluged with rain these days. I know the east coast is said to be getting more of its share than other parts of the country, but how are my fellow Pet Talkers faring? The weatherman said yesterday that out of the past 16 days in Philadelphia (10 miles from me) 14 have had some sort of measurable rain. I am beginning to mildew I think! :rolleyes: I know it is better than the last few years where we had a drought, but I would really prefer a more even weather pattern. How about you? I would welcome comments from other countries as well! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Here in Bahrain our temp is 107, but the APPARANT temperature is 130, with humidity at 90% and NO BREEZE at all!

Last week it was a bit cooler, but we had dust storms which reduced visibility to 400 meters!

I never thought I'd say this but.......I wish it would rain:cool:

zippy-kat
08-11-2003, 08:02 AM
Send the rain this way!! It's been in the 100s!

Rachel
08-11-2003, 08:03 AM
Midwest - western suburbs of Chicago reporting in. We've had a lot of rain this summer, usually at night, although sometimes in the daytime as well. The grass is lush and green as are all the trees and shrubs and the weeds....well, they are growing like weeds. Hardly a typical August. The best part though is the temperature. It really cools off at night (in the 50's) and I love to sleep with the windows open and use some covers. We haven't had to use the air conditioner more than 5 times, all summer. I call this our Maine summer.

Barbara
08-11-2003, 08:11 AM
99 F since 14 days. The hottest summer for ages. From Thursday they say it should be cooler but there will still be no rain.

anna_66
08-11-2003, 08:11 AM
Luckily we've had some fairly nice weather so far this month, but last month was a different story (kinda like yours Pam;) ).
We had 12" in 12 days:eek: We still haven't dried out, we keep getting downpours every few days so the ground is still saturated. Some places are flooding:(

micki76
08-11-2003, 08:30 AM
It’s horrible here! :eek: 100-109 then factor in the humidity and 110-120! Yuck!!! No rain for 2 months until Saturday and we got a quick 5 minute shower. I can’t wait for winter when it’ll get down below 70! This is usually when I start talking to hubby about moving out of Texas and then the weather finally cools off. Then in January everyone up north is snowed in and I love it here again! :p

Randi
08-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Pam, I can tell you, we're not freezing in Europe! We have had a heatwave here for the last weeks. In England, it was hotter than in Africa (Equator) the other day. :eek: We're a bit further north in Scandinavia, but still, it's more than enough! Today, early afternoon, we have 82° and it doesn't drop much in the night. :( Humidity is 42%. As I write this, I see scattered light clouds coming. :)

cloverfdx
08-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Western Victoria, Australia weather report

at the moment 11:29 pm monday night it is about 5 Degree's, going for about 10 degree's tomorrow (but im most likly going to melbourne and on the news it said melbourne is going for 17 degree's tomorrow *heat wave* )

saturday night (the 9th) it got down to minus 5 degree's, everything was frozen (the dogs outside water bowls, puddles etc)

and we still need that damn rain:( or else the water restrictions will get even tighter.

RubyMutt
08-11-2003, 08:40 AM
Up until just a few days ago we've been having very hot & dry weather. There's massive wild forrest fires going on in Eastern Washington :( Since about last Thursday it's been raining off and on (we even had a thunder shower yesterday :D), so hopefully that has helped control the fires some.

babolaypo65
08-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Quit hogging all the rain! (j/k), we should be having daily rains this month and last but havent had any! its not as hot up here as it has been where zippy is, but it's still bad. Usually the summer rains take the temp down...

Send them our way! (actually they are predicting some rains this week!)

bluekat
08-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Its been kind of hot here for the whole week. We've had a little bit of rain yesterday. So the weather's not too bad.

MammaMangorin
08-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Sun...

Edwina's Secretary
08-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Hasn't it been a wonderful summer Rachel? I sit here today -- in August!!! with the windows open and the air conditioning off. Most of the rain has been during the week and weekends have been clear. We have only had to water the lawn once and it is so green! I may have to set up a stand in front of the house to sell my herbs -- they are growing like weeds!

We went to the Jersey Shore one weekend to go sailing with my sister and her husband. Yeah right! We watched it rain on the Jersey Shore!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-11-2003, 10:00 AM
Well, The sun comes up at around 4:30 here (you don't get to sleep in very late:rolleyes: ) and it gets pretty hot by 9:00. The temperature has been about 96-100. And it's monsoon season here. It pours for about an hour or so, only at night when the weather is already cool:mad:

Makes me miss summers back home in Lebanon!

babolaypo65
08-11-2003, 10:22 AM
You're actually getting monsoon? We've had virtually none!
Lucky you!

Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Well, The sun comes up at around 4:30 here (you don't get to sleep in very late:rolleyes: ) and it gets pretty hot by 9:00. The temperature has been about 96-100. And it's monsoon season here. It pours for about an hour or so, only at night when the weather is already cool:mad:

Makes me miss summers back home in Lebanon!

Corinna
08-11-2003, 10:28 AM
SMOKY AND HOT
We have another run of the Robert fire last night . Closed the park agian ,but so far I'm still working . They haven't evacuated West Glacier yet. We have only had a 1/4 inch of rain since June. Pam could you please give back our rain?
Had over 4000 lightning strikes in the state on Sat. night started lots of small 1 acre fires.

Karen
08-11-2003, 10:32 AM
We're in the "rain every day" belt this summer, and when it does rain, the weather goes back to being just as hot and humid afterwards as it was before, No Fair! Miss Hoppy and I do not like hot, sticky weather. At one point Paul looked at me and asked "When did we move to the Rainforest?" to which I replied "Where are the monkeys?!"

catland
08-11-2003, 10:41 AM
What a difference a couple of weeks make. We had one of the hottest, driest July's on record (well, hot for us is 100f/38c). But now we've cooled off and the highs this week are supposed to stay near 75f/24c.

So get on a plane and come to my house:D

catlover4ever
08-11-2003, 10:50 AM
We have been getting the 3 H's...HAZY, HOT, AND HUMID. We have also been getting quite a bit of rain, just yesterday on my way home from doing my grocery shopping, and it was like an instant flood. While I do not mind the rain, I just really wish the humidity would go away.

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-11-2003, 10:57 AM
It's clear, dry, and hot here--it was about 95 degrees mid-day this weekend at my house.

Uabassoon
08-11-2003, 11:16 AM
It's very hot here. It's been around 100 everyday. I'm ready for winter.

ChrisH
08-11-2003, 12:07 PM
The weather has been hot here too, 90 plus. The hottest day was Saturday. and that was the day when I went with my grandaughter to Chester Zoo, about 14 miles away and over the border from Wales into England. While we were there, not being content with the heat outside, :rolleyes: we went into the Tropical house to see the reptiles... what an experience, coming out of there even the hot air felt cooler!:D
Yesterday, even though UK records were broken -with a reading of 38.1 centigrade in the county of Kent, England- here in Wrexham we had thunderstorms in the morning which cooled us off for a while, but it went back to hot and humid later.
Last night and today has been a lot better, dull but cooler. And the forecast for the rest of the week are some rain and storms :( and staying cooler.:D

Tonya
08-11-2003, 12:32 PM
It peaks at about 90 degrees F lately. With a nice breeze. It gets up to a stale 110 in the summer.

NoahsMommy
08-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Ick...its been discustingly hot here. Can you please send over some of that rain? Maybe some early Fall weather while you're at it too? ;)

Kfamr
08-11-2003, 01:58 PM
If you saw the photos from the Dog Park in Dog General...

RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN!!:)

HUMID HUMID HUMID HUMID!! :mad:

lovemyshiba
08-11-2003, 02:07 PM
Pam, I dont' think I'm too far from you, and we've been getting the same--lots of rain:(
When it's not raining, it's humid.
Poor dogs--they can't (and won't) play outside very long in the rain, and when it's humid, they run around for 5 minutes, and then just want to lay in the shade.

ramanth
08-11-2003, 02:16 PM
The last two weeks have been nothing but heat and the chance of scattered thunderstorms. Sometimes it just rains and sometimes the weather gets bad.

As of this moment.. it's 73 degrees out and the weather looks real stormy....

Actually... there is a tornado warning for two counties on the western side of the state. :eek: :(

pitc9
08-11-2003, 06:54 PM
It's been great here! It's been between 77 and 85 the past few days with little or no rain!

Logan
08-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Loads and Loads of rain here too! But the good news is that the temperatures have stayed much lower than normal. (I'd better knock on wood because we still have a lot of summer ahead). :)

slick
08-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Hot...
Muggy....
Sticky.....

Saturday it rained (yeah, because the grass and plants need it) but the temp was hot so it felt like you were in a sauna.

Sigh, well it's better than snow.....

kingrattus
08-12-2003, 12:34 AM
Raining off & on (very liveable), too hot for canada & the humidity is insane!! At night it doesn't change at all!! Luckly we have centrail air :) the basement is too darn cold, I'm wearing 2 super heavy blankets as I type... burrrr

But the local corn is doing well for once :)

wolfsoul
08-12-2003, 12:44 AM
HOT!!! The average has been about 40 degrees (I think that's about 105) but it's gotten higher than that. It's been so hot. The sun doesn't go down until 8pm. We hadn't had rain for 69 days in a row until last week. Last night we had a big thunderstorm. I was sooo thankful for that. And so were firefighters, I'm sure.