PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

puppygrrl4eva7
08-10-2003, 11:04 PM
How many people here get headaches? I get about 2-5 a month:rolleyes: there is probably a Crayon in my brain or some odd foriegn object shoved up there, lol in a month on the news you'll see " Paperclip found in girls brain":p I think When I grow I'm going to have Migranes (sp?), it seems like I get headaches quite often:rolleyes:

Amber
08-10-2003, 11:41 PM
I get headaches alot too

Desert Arabian
08-11-2003, 12:43 AM
I get horrible migranes. They get so bad and painful, I want to die.

I have a headache right now. Behind my eyes.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-11-2003, 12:51 AM
I've gotten a migraine that lasted for about a month, probably longer.

All I did was sleep, throw up, go to the ER to have an IV and some fluids and sleep some more. I even missed school for a month. I lost 10 lbs. in 1 week because I couldn't eat anything. My headache was so bad I could barely bring myself to take a shower. Unfortunately, I had a job at this time and was pretty much let go because of my 'condition.' During the 10 million visits to the ER, they also figured out I was anemic. I was SO tired of getting blood taken, getting shots and getting IV's. They finally prescribed me migraine meds that costed like $21/per pill. :eek: :eek: I think it was Zomig or something like that? It starts with a Z. That was waay too expensive, so we switched to MaxAlt which is less expensive and works better than the Zomig did anyway. I also had endless catscans. Nothing was found. I even got examined and questioned by a few neurologists and NOTHING. At one point, they even wanted to do a spinal tap (the neurologists), but the normal doctors said they didn't find that to be necessary. That's a good thing cause I wouldn't have put up with that anyway. :rolleyes: lol. I was so pale, too because of the anemia. Hemoglobin this hemoglobin that, I got so tired of hearing that. Well all of that FINALLY went away after a month or so and I THANK GOD returned to normal, I didn't know how much longer I could take that.
Sleep, throw up, get stuck with a million needles, be in pain, throw up, sleep, wake up from sleep to throw up, pain, sleep. Yeah that was my life for a while.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

shais_mom
08-11-2003, 12:59 AM
I have gotten headaches ever since the 3rd grade.
I have tried glasses, contacts, braces, and retainers. I finally have just learned to deal with it.
Excederin Migraine or Advil Migraine works pretty good.

Desert Arabian
08-11-2003, 01:02 AM
My doctor put me on prescription migraine medication because they are so nasty, sometimes, that over-the-counter migraine pills don't work. :(

It's Butalbital (sp?).

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-11-2003, 05:58 AM
I used to suffer from tension headaches. One thing to be careful of it taking too much medication, because it can actually cause a worse headache, referred to as a "rebound headache".

I have recently started looking for an alternative to chemicals and drugs, and have been going to a pain management clinic for Accupressure treatment. It is quite similar to accupuncture, except they use pressure and not needles.

My doc presses a couple of spots on my head for a few minutes, and I actually feel like I am drifting off to sleep. (He has said that he could make me fall asleep if that was the intention!). Afterwards I feel like I am floating, as light as a feather, but very clear-headed. The headache went away immediately and I havent taken any medication since!

It's worth a try! Except ladies - be sure to tell them if you may be or are pregnant!

puppygrrl4eva7
08-11-2003, 06:49 AM
One thing to be careful of it taking too much medication, because it can actually cause a worse headache, referred to as a "rebound headache". Yea I've heard that before so I try not to take pills unless I really have to, and I posted that last night because I had a headache at the time, so I just went to bed and slept. :) Yep It's gone.IloveBrian~ Ugg just reading that makes me cringe, I probably would have died if I were in your position, I can't stand shots or IV's, eck even just thinking about them makes me wanna puke. :p

apcrs5122
08-11-2003, 09:45 AM
I get horrible migraines too. They suck, I just want to die. My nurologist (sp) put me on Imipramine and it works soooooooooooooooo well!! I love it, I have to take 1 pill every night, but it's worth it. If I forget one night I'm almost garunteed to have a migraine the next day:rolleyes: When I get them, I take a really strong perscribed med that I don't know the name of, go to bed with 2 ice packs on my head. The medication knocks me out for 4-6 hours, and by the time I wake up, the worst is usually over.

Cataholic
08-11-2003, 10:49 AM
I used to get headaches all the time...for days at a time...now, I have learned some things about the headaches I used to get...tension ones. I remember my posture, keep my chin from jutting out, relax my shoulders, remember to exercise, keep hydrated. It helps me, for the ones I used to get. I have had 2 migraines since 2000. Both freaked me out. I now know to immediately chill myself, shut the blinds, turn off all noise, take 2 Excedrin Migraines, and hit the bed. I am sure I avoided at least 2 by doing this immediately. The other two, well, I just suffered through them.

As to the ongoing headaches...I find by taking a pain reliever and a muscle relaxer and going to bed stops them, finally. Mine are usually stress related.

catland
08-11-2003, 02:41 PM
I get wierd headaches when the seasons change. It feels like someone is poking a stick into my eye.:( Fortunately, they aren't debilitating. After doing some internet research (I'm sure M.D.s must cringe at this thought) I figured out that I get cluster headaches. Unlike migranes - I'm not affected by noise or light - in fact, trying to lie down in a dark quiet room seems to make them worse:eek:

One cluster headache web site spoke of how people with these headaches are sometimes seen hitting their head against a wall or something to give themselves relief. So now when I get one of these I smack my forehead with the palm of my hand and it helps:)

Some years ago I used to get sinus headaches and painkillers were pointless - then someone mentioned that it could be my sinuses and I took sinus headache medication and it worked great.:)

Tina
08-11-2003, 03:30 PM
I've had some real bad headaches every since I was 16 years old. I remember one time maybe 2 months after I had Kaitlynn. I was having bad headaches almost everyday. One day I thought I was going to black out. I don't know if it had to do with my eyes needing to be checked or not. They did seem alittle better after I got a new prescription. Sometimes I still get bad headaches. I don't know what causes them.

RockyRoad
08-11-2003, 03:41 PM
I hate headaches! I get them all the time, and I hate them. Nothing seems to help either. My grandparents gave me asprin once and it went away, but gave me a horrible stomach cramp. :( My mom will not let me take that anymore. I basically just deal with them, or if I'm at home, I try to sleep it off.

Heather Wallace
08-11-2003, 04:18 PM
I also get horrible headahces and migranes. I get blurred vision and feel sick.

At the moment one side of my nose blleds a lot, supposed to be an inflatted vessel in my nose. I have to go back to the docs on Wednesday to see what can be done.

HoRsELUvR
08-11-2003, 04:22 PM
i get headaches all the time for all sorts of reasons.I get weird headaches where sometimes one eye hurts or my neck hurts.Headaches are so annoying because i get them all the time lots of different ways.I usually just take ibuprofen.