PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a story

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-10-2003, 10:23 PM
I'm really into writing, and I decided I wanted to write a story about the lifetime of a dog who has gone through shelters, emergency health situations, and finally finding the perfect family. I started it already, but it is only about a paragraph. Here's what I have so far.

Chapter 1: My First Glimpse of Life
Here I sit, soaked to the bone, as my mother gently cleanses my smooth silky fur. I was the last of my brothers and sisters pusehd through the birth canal, and I feel very small compared to some of them. I am positive I will most likely be a runt, because even now, I am having trouble finding a place to suckle. I slowly squirm my nose around my brothers and sisters desperately searching for something, anything. My brothers and sisters are very warm, and it comes as a comfort to me. I collapse onto their backs because I am becoming weak. I can't hear and I can't see and I am becoming afraid that I will never reach my destination. All of a sudden I feel a cold object nudging me forward. I soon realize it is my mother, pushing me along. She can tell that I am struggling, and I soon find a place to suckle. I relax between my brothers and sisters and drink until I fall asleep.

That's all I have so far. I am open to criticizing, please correct any mistakes.

puppygrrl4eva7
08-10-2003, 11:11 PM
I think it sounds kind of weird when you say
I was the last of my brothers and sisters pusehd through the birth canal, and also if you want all these events
I wanted to write a story about the lifetime of a dog who has gone through shelters, emergency health situations, and finally finding the perfect family in one story you might not want to start it from when the pup was born, it would be a looong story to explain all of that. Just my 2 cents

Soledad
08-11-2003, 12:22 AM
I think that starting with the birth is fine. Especially as so much is determined in development.

Sounds like you're off to a good start, you just need to keep going!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Here's what I added.

Here I sit, soaked to the bone, as my mother gently cleanses my smooth silky fur. I was the last of my brothers and sisters to be born, and I feel very small compared to some of them. I am positive I will most likely be a runt, because even now, I am having trouble finding a place to suckle. I slowly squirm my nose around my brothers and sisters desperately searching for something, anything. My brothers and sisters are very warm, and it comes as a comfort to me. I collapse onto their backs because I am becoming weak. I can't hear and I can't see and I am becoming afraid that I will never reach my destination. All of a sudden I feel a cold object nudging me forward. I soon realize it is my mother, pushing me along. She can tell that I am struggling, and I soon find a place to suckle. I relax between my brothers and sisters and drink until I fall asleep.
The next few weeks speed up a little. We all become a little more active, and our eyes open. Soon we are all being scooped into a basket, and we are all climbing over the edges trying to see whats happening.
"What's goin' on, Levi?" Mika asked. Levi is my eldest brother, and the boss more or less. He had scrambled all the way to the top of the basket and looked like me might fall out.
"I see sumpthin... Guys!!!" he yelled.
"What???" we all chimed in at once.
Before he got the to answer us, he were out of the house, squinting our eyes because of the intense light. One by one we were being taken out of the basket, onto some green stuff.
"Tia??" I asked, looking for my sister. I found her and ran up to her. Everyone else was running amuk around the yard.
"Let's go, Ti." I said as I ran as fast as I could over to the others.
We all got to play around and we all began to follow Levi into the shrubs.
"I saw sumpthin... it went over there..." Levi said, and we all followed quietly into the shrubs. We came to a small opening between to shrubs and there stood the largest, meanest, ugliest thing I had ever seen. Levi pranced toward it, and barked at it to come and get him.
"Come on you stupid thing! Come show us what you got.." And so the thing did. It hissed at him and chased him out of the bushes. We all began laughing and peered our heads out of the bushes. Levi was running in circles around Mom, and Mom soon growled at the big monster, and it cowered and ran back to the bushes.
"Momma!!! What was that??" Zeus, another of my brothers, asked.
"That was Jo, the neighbors cat. She said.
"What's a cat?" I asked.
"Well Ari, they are like us, only smaller. Most cats don't like dogs. That's why she chased you, Levi, you provoked her." She said.
"I don't like cats... she's got a hairball for a brain, I think." Levi said, now pouncing on Mac ready to play.
Soon a whole bunch of children came in the yard and began to play with us. I saw one of them pick up Tia, and I tried as hard as I could to squirm away, and go over by her.
"TIA!!" I yelled.
Before I had to chance to get away from this kid, I heard the one holding Tia say, Mommy! I want this one! I wondered what it meant. Soon, they were walking away, with Tia in their arms, and she was crying.
"TIA!!" I screamed, but it was too late. She was being packed into a little box on wheels, and they drove away.
Finally the kid let go of me. I ran over to Mom and told her what happened.
"Momma! They took Tia away! Momma she's gone! Where'd she go??? When is she coming back??" I cried.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Here I sit, soaked to the bone, as my mother gently cleanses my smooth silky fur. I was the last of my brothers and sisters to be born, and I feel very small compared to some of them. I am positive I will most likely be a runt, because even now, I am having trouble finding a place to suckle. I slowly squirm my nose around my brothers and sisters desperately searching for something, anything. My brothers and sisters are very warm, and it comes as a comfort to me. I collapse onto their backs because I am becoming weak. I can't hear and I can't see and I am becoming afraid that I will never reach my destination. All of a sudden I feel a cold object nudging me forward. I soon realize it is my mother, pushing me along. She can tell that I am struggling, and I soon find a place to suckle. I relax between my brothers and sisters and drink until I fall asleep.
The next few weeks speed up a little. We all become a little more active, and our eyes open. Soon we are all being scooped into a basket, and we are all climbing over the edges trying to see whats happening.
"What's goin' on, Levi?" Mika asked. Levi is my eldest brother, and the boss more or less. He had scrambled all the way to the top of the basket and looked like me might fall out.
"I see sumpthin... Guys!!!" he yelled.
"What???" we all chimed in at once.
Before he got the to answer us, he were out of the house, squinting our eyes because of the intense light. One by one we were being taken out of the basket, onto some green stuff.
"Tia??" I asked, looking for my sister. I found her and ran up to her. Everyone else was running amuk around the yard.
"Let's go, Ti." I said as I ran as fast as I could over to the others.
We all got to play around and we all began to follow Levi into the shrubs.
"I saw sumpthin... it went over there..." Levi said, and we all followed quietly into the shrubs. We came to a small opening between to shrubs and there stood the largest, meanest, ugliest thing I had ever seen. Levi pranced toward it, and barked at it to come and get him.
"Come on you stupid thing! Come show us what you got.." And so the thing did. It hissed at him and chased him out of the bushes. We all began laughing and peered our heads out of the bushes. Levi was running in circles around Mom, and Mom soon growled at the big monster, and it cowered and ran back to the bushes.
"Momma!!! What was that??" Zeus, another of my brothers, asked.
"That was Jo, the neighbors cat. She said.
"What's a cat?" I asked.
"Well Ari, they are like us, only smaller. Most cats don't like dogs. That's why she chased you, Levi, you provoked her." She said.
"I don't like cats... she's got a hairball for a brain, I think." Levi said, now pouncing on Mac ready to play.
Soon a whole bunch of children came in the yard and began to play with us. I saw one of them pick up Tia, and I tried as hard as I could to squirm away, and go over by her.
"TIA!!" I yelled.
Before I had to chance to get away from this kid, I heard the one holding Tia say, Mommy! I want this one! I wondered what it meant. Soon, they were walking away, with Tia in their arms, and she was crying.
"TIA!!" I screamed, but it was too late. She was being packed into a little box on wheels, and they drove away.
Finally the kid let go of me. I ran over to Mom and told her what happened.
"Momma! They took Tia away! Momma she's gone! Where'd she go??? When is she coming back??" I cried.
"Ari, she's not coming back. She's being taken to a new home." she said. I could now see the look of sadness in her eyes. I came closer to her and layed down on her front paws.
"It'll be okay, Ari. Trust me, it will." She said, kissing me on my forehead. I stood up and walked over to the gate where she left. I sat there and stuck my nose between the fence posts and I could still faintly smell her scent. I whined and whined, maybe making myself think I could get her back, when I heard someone say my name.
"Ari!! ARI!" I looked up and it was Willow, my sister. She was being taken too.
One by one my sisters and brothers left... I stayed snuggled by my mother, and I whined and whined some more. I just wanted them to come back. I could tell my Mom was so sad, she layed in the same spot the whole time, not perking her ears when I came by and not even wagging her tail. Glory and I were the last pups left, and before I knew it, I was being packed up in a car. I cried as hard as I could for someone to come get me, because I didn't want to go. It was no use. I was being kidnapped from my family.

Chapter 2: The Garbers
The car drove on and on, until we got to my new house. The little boy who was holding me slipped on a collar and a leash, which I have never had on in my life. The car stopped and he open the door and plopped me on the ground. "Ari, Come." He said, tugging on my leash. This was all new to me, so I didn't know what to do, and I cowered on the ground, not moving. "ARI!" He yelled. I cowered even lower. Please don't hurt me. All I want is my mother back. I said to myself. He tugged on the leash one last time and it was so painful to my neck I had no choice but to get up. He brought me to his backyard, and tied me to this small post. He stood there and looked at me and said, "Ari, be a good girl."
I sat there and watched him leave me alone outside. Hmm.. okay, I'll take this time to walk around, get to know my surroundings. I thought to myself. The leash only went about 5 feet all the way around, so I had a little 10 foot circle, all mine. It was mostly dirt, with a few patches of grass here and there. No doghouse. Where was I supposed to stay? I look through the patio door and saw a cat curled up on the hearth in front of the fireplace. My heart sunk. Why would they leave me outside? I asked myself. I layed down on the dirt and watched them all inside eating dinner. I whined a few times, trying to catch their attention. No such luck. I soon fell asleep and woke up in the middle of the night to rain.

Soledad
08-11-2003, 02:55 PM
You have amazing writing skills for someone your age!! You should keep writing this and maybe ask your English teacher for any advice he/she might have. Keep it up!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Thanks. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 03:36 PM
***UPDATE***

The next day I woke up, still somewhat wet, and very muddy. The boy, whom I recently found out is named Jason, came out and took me for a walk. I was so happy to finally get off that stupid post in the back yard. Unfortunately, the walk wasn't as nice as I had planned.
He took me over to his friends house and they had a dog there, too! I was so excited to have someone to play with. Their dog was big, and Jason's friend told me his name was Tipper. I wandered over by Tipper and got into play position.
"C'mon Tipper, will ya play with me?" I asked him kindly.
"NO!" He barked at me, scaring me. I cowered on the floor again, and wandered over to Jason, who was sitting on the floor with Kevin, his friend. They were playing this game, so I crawled up on his lap.
"Ari, go on." He said pushing me off his lap. I tumbled onto the floor and looked at him with my puppy dog eyes. I barked at him to show him my anger.
"ARI! QUIET!" he yelled at me, so I retreated over to the corner. I layed down on the pillow that must have been Tipper's, because as soon as he saw me lay down, he got up and came over to me, bearing his teeth.
"I-I-I'm sorry..." I said as I tried to tiptoe around him to get out of his way. He snarled at me and bit me. I yelped in pain, and Jason turned around.
"They're just playin' Kev, their okay." he said. The truth was, I wasn't okay. I limped over to the door and sat down, looking at my leg. I saw some blood. He must have bit me hard enough to cut me open. I tried to lay down, but I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I cried and cried, and finally Jason came over. My spirit lifted, but as soon as it rised, it came back down. All he did was put me on my lease and drop me out the door. He tied me to the door post and went back in.
I sat there and wondered what would become of me. Here I am, 3 months old, tied to a post, bleeding. I tugged and tugged on my leash that was tied around the post and to my surprise, it came loose. I slowly started down the driveway towards the neighbors house. When we were walking to Kevin's I noticed a girl probably 16 years old with her puppy. I hoped she would help. I saw her sitting on the step by her house and I let out a cry. She had to know something was wrong, I mean, I was covered in mud and I was bleeding.
Sure enough, she ran over to me, and picked me up carefully. I whimpered, because my leg still hurt. She kissed me on the forehead, just like my mother had.
"What happened to you?" She asked me, carrying me into her house.
"Mom, we need to take this puppy to a doctor. He's bleeding." she said, looking over to her mother. Her mom came over, and carefully stroked my head. In all my days at Jason's, I had never felt so happy. I readjusted myself in the girls arms and layed my head on her shoulder.
We got into her car and we drove about 15 minutes to this new place I had never been to before. We walked in and I immediately knew this was somewhere I didn't want to be. I cried and tried to get loose, but the Amanda held me tight.
"It's okay sweetie... It's okay." she said petting me. I knew she had to be right. She wouldn't hurt me.
Soon we were ushered into a room with a big shiney table. Amanda set me down on the table and stooped to my height.
"It's okay. She's gonna help you, okay?" she said, then she stood up again, and walked towards the door. I cried and wanted her to come back.
"Ma'am? I think it would be best if you stayed. The pup will remain calm if you are here." The white coated lady said to Amanda.
"Can I mom?" she asked.
"Go ahead. I will wait in the lobby, okay?" she said, petting me on the head quick before she left the room.

RockyRoad
08-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Wow!! That is a great story so far. You write really good, and you are great at getting inside the puppy's head and seeing things as he would. :)

HoRsELUvR
08-11-2003, 04:24 PM
I also like how you are writing from the puppy's point of view.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 05:41 PM
*Bumperooniez*

CamCamPup33
08-11-2003, 06:08 PM
im waiting for more! its soo good and i want to hear the rest!! please please write some more!!:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Here's the addition.. not much.

"Well," the doctor said. "I think her leg is broken, and she has a tiny cut on her side. We'll take her in and put a cast on and stitch up that cut. Your dog will be fine." She said smiling.
"She's not mine." Amanda said. My heart sank. I so wanted to be with her, and live with her and her puppy. "But I will take care of her until we find her owner." she said, smiling at me. My heart lifted a little, but I knew that Jason would come and get me sooner or later.
The vet took me unwillingly into the back. She layed me on an even colder table and I jumped a little from the coldness. She put a mask on me and I soon began drifting off to sleep.

I was romping around with my brothers and sisters. It was a beautiful spring day and we were all outside again. Levi had just been chased by Jo and we were all headed toward Mom. We all got a few feet away and she began disapearing right before our eyes. We got closer and she was gone. We all looked at each other and began to cry. "MOMMA!!" Willow, Mika, and Mac all yelled. I stopped and sat down. I saw kids coming. "Run guys, RUN!" I yelled. We all began running and hid beneath the bushes. One by one they grabbed us all and took us away....

"Wake up, sweetie..." the doctor was saying. I opened my eyes and felt a sharp pain shoot through my leg. There was a large pink thing on my leg, which I assumed was the cast she had mentioned earlier. She scratched behind my ears and soon Amanda came back in. I thumped my tail on the ground as she neared.

The italicized part is meant to be Ari's dream...

pitc9
08-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Yes Yes.....I'm waiting to hear more too!!
Great Job!! I'm crying!!!!!

CamCamPup33
08-11-2003, 06:48 PM
oh gosh amanda better take her!! rotten jason!! ppsstt! more!! muwahwha! ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Update---
"Ready to come home, girl?" she asked me. I thumped my tail even more and she smiled at me. She picked me up and layed me on the seat in the back of their car. I attempted to stand, or at least sit, to see what was going on. I was unsuccessful, and collapsed back on my side.
We pulled into her driveway and she lead me inside.
"Carson, this is... Wait, what is your name?" She asked me. I looked at her and turned my head. She laughed.
"Well, this is Carson. Be very gentle, Carson. She's got an owie." She pointed to my hot pink cast. I licked her face and followed her into her bedroom. She had started making some pictures on a piece of paper.
"Hey girl, can I take your picture for these posters?" She asked me. I guess I had no choice. She grabbed her camera and snapped a few random shots, and then printed them out. She one by one taped them onto the posters.
"How do they look?" She asked me and Carson, who had just entered the room. I barked to show her my approval. She smiled at me and patted me and Carson on the head as she walked out of the room. We both followed.
"So, what happened to you?" Carson asked me.
I stopped and looked at him. "You really want to know?" I asked.
"Why not?" he asked.
"They took me away from my parents and I got bit by an older dog. He broke my leg I guess." I said. "Things can't get much worse, but they do. I have to stay outside all the time back at my place." I said.
Carson didn't say anything back, so we kept walking. We walked over to his basket of toys.
"Here, you can have this for your house." He said, putting a brand-new stuffie on the floor in front of me. I smelled it and attacked it.
"Thanks Carson." I said wagging my tail.
Carson and I had a blast together. Even though I couldn't do much, he accomidated everything for me. We play tug-o-war a few times, and we played with his stuffies and his rawhides. But little did I know how fast it would end.

Chapter 3: Back to Jason's
The phone rang one evening while I was still at Amanda's. I startled me, and I nearly jumped out of my skin.
"Hello?" Amanda said. "Oh... Okay. You can come get her anytime." She said, hanging up the phone. She came over to me with the saddest look on her face.
"So you're names Ari, huh?" she said. At the sound of my name I perked my ears and cocked my head. "Jason's gonna come pick you up today." She said with a tear in her eye. My heart sunk. I didn't want to go back. I was having the time of my life with Amanda and Carson. I looked at her with my saddest puppy eyes. She soon was crying, and all I could do was lick her hand. It's okay... I wanted to say. We'll meet again. I promise.
I licked her face as the tears rolled off, and soon I heard a knock at the door. She quickly wiped away her tears and cleared her throat. I heard Jason's voice.
"That's my owner, Carson. I gotta go." I said, giving him a quick nip on the nose. "Bye.." I said, grabbing my stuffie and giving him another look, quick.
Amanda grabbed me once more, and looked me in the eyes. "Be a good girl Ari." she said hugging me and quietly crying into my fur. I whimpered, as it was my only way to show her I would. She handed me over and closed the door. As we left I could hear her sobbing inside. Carson peeked his head out the window and I barked to him so he could hear me. I'll be back, Carson, I told him as we drove away.

Edit- forgot to add this... I bawled my eyes out trying to write thissssss!

pitc9
08-11-2003, 07:01 PM
MORE MORE MORE.................HURRY!!!

(ohhhhh that Jason.....:mad: )

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-11-2003, 07:05 PM
more more more!!!!!!!!!! lol :) :D

CamCamPup33
08-11-2003, 07:06 PM
i think we are the only ones begging for more!! :o :p but yes more.. im crying.. ahh wheres cami :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Nice to know I have an audience! I will update every few paragraphs to satisfy you all till i write more!

"Ari, you're SO naughty!" Jason yelled at me as soon as we got in the car. I dropped my ears and listened to him yell the whole way home. As usual, when we got home I got tied to the post. He slammed the door when he got inside and I could hear his parents yelling at him. Serves him right. I said. I then realized I had forgotten my stuffie. I barked and barked as loud as I could to get Jason's attention. He came out and grabbed the stuffie out of the car.
"Will that shut you up?" he said throwing it in the dirt. I ran to grab it, only to find out he had thrown it just out of my reach. I stuck my paws out and reached for it, but it was just to far. Then Jason started laughing at me. I began to whine again, and he laughed harder. I decided to show him my un-tying abilities. I went over to my leash, and bit it until it came loose. I ran and grabbed my toy before he could stop me.

CamCamPup33
08-11-2003, 07:12 PM
aww!! bad idea ari then hes gonna like tie you to another something like a chain!! oh oh im giving you ideas for your story.. PSSTT dont use that its too much to handle!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 07:19 PM
"ARI! NO!" he yelled and grabbed me by the scruff of the neck. I whimpered and dropped my stuffie again. He dragged me over to the post and retied me, tighter this time, and threw the stuffie over to me. I grabbed it and smelled it, because I could still smell Carson.
I fell asleep that night with the stuffie still in my mouth. I dreamt about Amanda, and Carson, and even Amanda's caring mom. How I wished I could go back...
I woke up with a start. People were outside, and Jason's dad was mowing the lawn. Jason had Kevin and Tipper over. I held onto my stuffie and watched all the excitement.

They are getting shorter and shorter lol

CamCamPup33
08-11-2003, 07:20 PM
hmmm i dont like the short ones... bigger ones.. LONGER!!!!!!!! :D :D

Amber
08-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Please MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MMORE MORE MORE MORE ORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MMORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!
I LOVE THIS STORY!!! This is really great!!!!!

(I really hate you Jason!!:mad: )

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 07:29 PM
I woke up with a start. People were outside, and Jason's dad was mowing the lawn. Jason had Kevin and Tipper over. I held onto my stuffie and watched all the excitement.
I longed to go play, and I began tugging on my leash again. It took me longer, but I eventually got loose. I limped over to Jason and Kevin. Jason looked at me and reached to grab me. I slipped away and ran as fast as I could with my 3 working legs. I got to the gate, but ran into Jason's mom, who was carrying the grocceries. I made her rip one of the bags open, because she saw me and I ran into her. I immediately sat down, because I knew I was in for one good punishment. Jason ran over and grabbed me by the scruff of the neck again and brought me over to the post.
But Jason's mom did not seem to be mad. She calmly picked up the grocceries and took them inside and emerged a few minutes later carrying a huge chain. I put my tail between my legs and waited.

Putting it on pause... Gotta dry dishes HANG ON!!

RockyRoad
08-11-2003, 07:29 PM
This is a really good story. :D Poor Ari, what an ignorant kid Jason is. Can't wait to read more! :)

CamCamPup33
08-11-2003, 07:33 PM
NOOOOOOO! you shouldnt have used my idea!!! :( :D :D *sniffles* why did they even get the dog?!?! :(

pitc9
08-11-2003, 07:37 PM
YOU ARE STOPPING TO DRY DISHES......Come on!!!!

Let them air dry!!! This way there's no streaks!! (hee hee):D

alright.....I guess we'll wait

(ohh....that Jason....I'd like to tie him up and leave him in the mud!)

:mad:

Come on Ari...... hang in there!!!!:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 07:41 PM
But Jason's mom did not seem to be mad. She calmly picked up the grocceries and took them inside and emerged a few minutes later carrying a huge chain. I put my tail between my legs and waited. His mom came over with the chain and hooked the chain onto my post. She then took off my leash and tied the chain to my collar.
"That should hold her." She said, glaring at me. "Dumb dog..."
I had remember the doctor saying my cast could come off in a week or two, and it had been at least 2 weeks since I had gotten back to Jasons. The cast was incredibly dirty, and it had almost fallen off. I had run out of ways to try and get the chain off. I tugged, I pulled, I bit. Nothing worked. I was doomed.

Back! *Glad to know someone likes her writing!*

pitc9
08-11-2003, 07:42 PM
....go on.............

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 07:43 PM
I had remember the doctor saying my cast could come off in a week or two, and it had been at least 2 weeks since I had gotten back to Jasons. The cast was incredibly dirty, and it had almost fallen off. I had run out of ways to try and get the chain off. I tugged, I pulled, I bit. Nothing worked. I was doomed.
The days passed.. I had also noticed some days they forgot to feed me. I whimpered and whined, and cried. Then reluctantly, Jason would come out and put a scoop of food on the ground and fill up my dirty bowl half full of water.

Amber
08-11-2003, 07:46 PM
more please!! :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 07:52 PM
The days passed.. I had also noticed some days they forgot to feed me. I whimpered and whined, and cried. Then reluctantly, Jason would come out and put a scoop of food on the ground and fill up my dirty bowl half full of water. I began growing weak, but I had also noticed the post that held me in was rotting. This was great new for me. Then one day, when the post was at its worst, I took a running start and tugged on my chain. To my great surprise, it came loose! I was so happy I did a few victory circles with my stuffie before I took off out the gate.
I got out to the street and looked around. Where is Amanda's house? I asked myself. I put my stuffie on the ground and looked around. Think Ari... think.. What color was her house? I asked myself. I picked up my stuffie again and began my journey.

Chapter 4: The Search
I wandered aimlessly down the road, stopping every so often to dig throught a trash can. I hadn't been fed for a few days before my escape, which left me extremely hungry. I had made a stupid mistake on my part.
Now, being 5 months old, I was growing up. I wasn't quite as small as I was before, but still small enough to be considered a puppy. My coat was stained brown, and I was growing very skinny.

Amber
08-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Wonderful!!!! more more!!!

I think this should be published!!!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Now, being 5 months old, I was growing up. I wasn't quite as small as I was before, but still small enough to be considered a puppy. My coat was stained brown, and I was growing very skinny. I had only one thing on my mind. Finding Amanda and Carson.
Before I knew it, it was dark out. I decided to seek shelter at the nearby park. I climbed up the ladder, my chain clanking behind me. To my surprise, I found a few crusts of bread on the side of the bridge that they must have left for the birds. So much for bird food, I was starving.
I swallowed them whole, and returned to my stuffie and slept in the tunnel. My cast had totally come off, and was laying beside me. I saw some light flashing ahead, and I lifted my head.
"AAAAARI!" a voice yelled. It was Jason. Terrified, I came out of my tunnel and dashed under some bushes. Jason searched the whole park, and didn't bother to look in the bushes. To me, it seemed he didn't care whether he found me or not. He left and I ran back and grabbed my stuffie. It wasn't safe being in the neighboorhood. I had to get a little farther away.
I ran along numerous streets, in search for somewhere to hide. I finally found an abandoned barn, about 3 miles from where I had started. I crawled in, and soon after it began raining. I cozied up in a small pile of hay and fell asleep.

Amber
08-11-2003, 08:06 PM
aww poor Ari! more!!!

CamCamPup33
08-11-2003, 08:07 PM
more more :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 08:11 PM
I woke up the next morning when someone began petting me. I was worried now, because I had no way of stopping this person from keeping me and putting up signs. Then I would be brought back to Jason. I gave the old man a kiss on the cheek and wandered out of the barn. The old man attempted to follow, but as soon as I saw him following me I broke into a run. He gave up right away, probably knowing I could run faster, or I knew my way home.
Fact of the matter was that I didn't know my way home, or to Amanda's.
I wander back to the barn within the next few days, and the old man had begun to put food out for me. I ate it all within a few seconds, because I hadn't had food in almost a week. After I ate I set out on my journey, once more.
I was walking across the street, but before I knew it I heard laughter. Some kids in a car were speeding towards me I ran, to try and make it across in time, but I failed. I didn't know what had happened, but I woke up and was laying on the ground. I couldn't breathe... My vision was getting blurry... I closed my eyes and drifted away.

CamCamPup33
08-11-2003, 08:14 PM
yes i will really really hate you if ari dies.. :o :D :D

Amber
08-11-2003, 08:15 PM
OMG!?!? Did she die??! Noo!!! :( :( :( :(:(:(:(:(:(

RockyRoad
08-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Oh no! Poor Ari! I too hope she doesn't die. :( Poor little girl.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Small update for those who are worried about our Ari girl...

Someone was lifting me up. I was too weak to even cry. I was draped in the persons arms, and I was still having trouble breathing. They carried me to the car and layed me on a towel. I had so much running through my head I wasn't even listening to what was going on around me.

Amber
08-11-2003, 08:24 PM
good she was saved!! but who? hehe More More!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Someone was lifting me up. I was too weak to even cry. I was draped in the persons arms, and I was still having trouble breathing. They carried me to the car and layed me on a towel. I had so much running through my head I wasn't even listening to what was going on around me. We arrived at the same white coat who cared for me before. She looked at me and listened to my heart with a cold stethoscope. I closed my eyes. I didn't know if I could make it. I breathed long, heavy breaths.
They rushed me into the back and put me under again. I had a dreamless sleep. I woke up in more pain then explainable. My leg was once again in a cast, as well as my chest. I opened my eyes and found myself in a small cage. I was still with the vet, and I was wrapped up in some blankets. Beside me I saw some food and water. I tried as hard as I could to get up, and I failed, barely even being able to lift my head. I cried out in pain and I took short breaths, to keep from hurting myself. The nurse came back to me, and slowly stroked my head. She must have read my mind, because she brought the food bowl closer to me so I could eat. I thumped my tail with all my might, and she smiled at me.
"You'll be fine girl. We've got someone here to see you." she said.

pitc9
08-11-2003, 08:27 PM
....and then........:eek: :eek:

pitc9
08-11-2003, 08:29 PM
come on...who's there to see her.....it BETTER not be Jason!!!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-11-2003, 08:29 PM
:( :( Poor Ari. Reminds me of when I cared for a Beagle a while ago when I was younger who ahd been hit by a car in front of my house, actually hit by a huge F-250 and the assholes just kept on driving... then I eventually had to give her back to the owners which I thought was total BS after we cared for her and paid the vet bills. I cried for so long. :( :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 08:31 PM
"You'll be fine girl. We've got someone here to see you." she said. I looked around. I saw 2 people. One person I didn't know, and the other... was Amanda.
I gave it my all and got up. The doctor tried pushing me back down, but I had worked up all my strength to get to Amanda.

RockyRoad
08-11-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Amber
I think this should be published!!!!!

Not only that, but I think it would make an excellent movie too. :D

Yes, Ari's alive! And thank God Amanda came to see her. Can't wait for more, this is really good! :)

Amber
08-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89

Not only that, but I think it would make an excellent movie too.

I So AGREE!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 08:39 PM
I gave it my all and got up. The doctor tried pushing me back down, but I had worked up all my strength to get to Amanda. I finally reached her and my tail was wagging so hard I had made everyone in the room stop. Amanda was crying and so was the mysterious second person. The vet was crying, and then I saw one of the best things ever. Amanda had brought Carson!!
I ran over and kissed him all over. Amanda was still crying and they told me who the mysterious second person was. It was the man who had saved me. Also the man whose barn I was sleeping in. He came over and gave me a gentle pat on the back. I kissed him all over, too. Then one last surprise. Standing in the doorway was Jason.

Amber
08-11-2003, 08:41 PM
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Jason you ruin everything!!!!!

pitc9
08-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Jason..............you've GOT to be kidding!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Amber
08-11-2003, 08:47 PM
I have a question what breed is Ari?? or is she a cute mutt?

RockyRoad
08-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Noooo, not Jason! :( :mad:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 08:49 PM
I meant for Ari to be a Brittany Spaniel, but I never really said what she was.

Chapter 5: The Dispute
I looked at him. He sort of gave me this look that meant he was really angry, but he felt bad because I was hurt. His mother and father were with him and they didn't bother to look at me. I didn't go to say hi to him. I turned around and went back to Amanda. She kissed my forehead and looked around nervously. Jason stepped toward me, and I went back to my cage and layed down. The vet look suspiciously at Jason, who looked at me with pure anger in his eyes.
"It seems to me she is scared of you, Jason." the vet said, closing my door. "When she was brought in, she had a chain around her neck. She was horribly skinny. I suggest you give this dog to a better home. Immediately." The vet said.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Ari would like to share some pictures with you.

"This is me and my siblings, a few days old. I'm the first one on the left!"
http://members.rogers.com/ataboy/images/spicepups2.jpg

"Here we are, just born."
http://members.rogers.com/ataboy/images/spicepups1.jpg

"And at 3.5 weeks old."
http://members.rogers.com/ataboy/images/spicepups4.jpg

"Last but not least, me when I was given to Jason."
http://members.rogers.com/ataboy/images/spice7.jpg

Amber
08-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Thankyou vet for speaking for the little pup!

Amber
08-11-2003, 08:56 PM
aww very cute pictures Ari!

RockyRoad
08-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Yes! What a great vet. I hope she gets to live with Amanda and Carson. :D

And what great pics! They are so adorable, and it helps me picture what is going on in the story better now that I know what she looks like. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Here's Carson when he was a baby. What a cutie!
http://www.german-shepherd.com/images/9_week_puppy.jpg

"It seems to me she is scared of you, Jason." the vet said, closing my door. "When she was brought in, she had a chain around her neck. She was horribly skinny. I suggest you give this dog to a better home. Immediately." The vet said.
"Um yeah. I wanted to do that, but she ran away. Would you like her?" Jason asked, looking at Amanda. Amanda started to cry again, and they started filling out adoption papers.
"I'm so glad you're okay." Carson said, still trying to lick me through the bars of my cage.
"I'll survive." I said lifting my head. Amanda had run back over to me and was opening the cage door when Jason appeared behind her.
"Bye Ari." he said and left.
"What a mean jerk Ari. It's okay. You're coming to live with me girl! Me and Carson!" Carson must have understood what she said because he immediately began to wag his tail and jump all over Amanda.

Kfamr
08-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Great story.

It needs some grammar help, I suggest you bring it to your English teacher. :)

pitc9
08-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Woo Hoo!!!! Good Good Good.........

okay..... more!!

Amber
08-11-2003, 09:06 PM
WONDERFUL!!!!

More!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Kay-
Sorry my grammar isn't perfect, I'm writing 300 miles a minute right now. It's the thought that counts though? Right?

Kfamr
08-11-2003, 09:09 PM
There is no need to say sorry, I meant nothing of it. :) Cami's Amber told me that you thought I was being mean. I honestly meant nothing of it. There's just alot of "and"s among other things that are out of place our shouldn't be there. I was just trying to help you if you really do want your story published.

My grammar isn't perfect either.

Soledad
08-11-2003, 09:15 PM
I don't think Kfamr was being mean. All GOOD writers need to be really good about criticism.

The important thing, Aly, is that you're writing and you're getting an audience. I suggest you write as much as you can, save it in a Word program, print it out and ask your English teacher to review it so that you can do the fine tuning.

But don't stop! And see all criticisms as wonderful gifts to help you become the best writer you can be!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Small update..

Chapter 6: Back to Amanda's
I had to stay at the hospital for a few days, but Amanda stayed as long as she could. The day I went home was the best day of my life. To make things even better, Amanda had contacted my Mom's owner and gotten the names of everyone who had taken a puppy the day Jason took me. She had arranged for everyone to meet at the local park.

PS> We got things worked out Soledad. It's ok!

apcrs5122
08-11-2003, 09:23 PM
GREAT STORY!!!!!!!!! Sorry I haven't posted before now, you just kept writing and writing and writing......;)

This is sooooooo good. You are a great author, this shoul be published:D

MORE! MORE! MOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 09:29 PM
You guys im sooooo tired lol i've been online 8 HOURS writing this!!! lol ill write a little more tonight maybe.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-11-2003, 10:28 PM
bumpies

wolfsoul
08-11-2003, 11:05 PM
It's great so far, keep writing! You seem to have a knack for it. :)

Aspen and Misty
08-11-2003, 11:28 PM
I LOVE IT!

I absolutly love it! Post somre more please :D

Ash

pitc9
08-12-2003, 08:12 AM
I can't wait for more!! You've done an AWSOME job!

I'll be waiting!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Ahh... I'm back... Gotta vaccuum the living room and then I will start typing!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Chapter 6: Back to Amanda's
I had to stay at the hospital for a few days, but Amanda stayed as long as she could. The day I went home was the best day of my life. To make things even better, Amanda had contacted my Mom's owner and gotten the names of everyone who had taken a puppy the day Jason took me. She had arranged for everyone to meet at the local park.
I awaited the day with as much patience as I could. I kept bugging Amanda until we finally left.
"Ari, what are you so excited about? We're only going to the park. We go all the time." Carson said to me as we got in the car. He soon realized what he had said.
"Sorry. You didn't go much with Jason, did you?" he asked.
"Nope. But I'm excited cuz I get to see Tia! My sister!" I said sticking my head out the window.
We got to the park about 20 minutes later. Amanda had insisted on changing my bandage quick before she let me go. I still had a cast on my front leg, but I felt great. Amanda was quielty lecturing me before she let me out of the car.
"Play carefully. You are still recovering, Ar." she told me. Okay okay. Let me GO! I wanted to say. I was totally ready. I could see Tia, and oh! There was Willow! And Mac... and Levi! This had to be by far, one of the best days of my life.
Amanda hooked me and Carson on a leash and proceeded over to the picnic area. Everyone greeted her with great kindness and asked what happened to me.
"Long story made short, she was abused and I offered to take her. She is a great dog." she said bending down to unleash both me and Carson.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 02:46 PM
*bum bum bummmmmmmm*

Something is happening in the story... but to who?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 02:55 PM
Is no one concerned??? Where is everyone? :D

Amanda hooked me and Carson on a leash and proceeded over to the picnic area. Everyone greeted her with great kindness and asked what happened to me.
"Long story made short, she was abused and I offered to take her. She is a great dog." she said bending down to unleash both me and Carson. I took off towards Tia.
"TIA!" I yelled as I ran to her. She looked up at me and I saw her smile.
"Ari!! Omigosh! What happened to you? Oh, Ari! You look horrible! Are you okay?" she kept throwing questions at me before I had a chance to explain. I wanted to explain but I decided it was best to explain it all at once. I called everyone over; Willow, Levi, Mac, Glory, Mika and Zeus.
"Woah, Ari, what happened?" Zeus asked.
"Okay. Glory, you remember the person that took me right?" I asked her.
She nodded. I went on with the story and when I was done, everyone was looking at me in astonishment.
"You went through all of that in this short of time?" Willow asked.
"Yeah, but I'm with Amanda now. By the way this is Carson." I looked over at Carson who was standing next to me, oddly very quiet.
"What's the matter Carson?" I asked him.
"I... um... I'm not feeling too well. I'm going to go sit by Amanda." he said, then walked away.
"Guys, I'm gonna go check on him. Something's not right." I said walking over to where Amanda was sitting. I looked at Carson, who was looking pale, and he also looked like me might pass out. I nudged his nose, and he just sat there.
"Are you okay?" I asked, growing concerned. He didn't answer me.

apcrs5122
08-12-2003, 02:56 PM
MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's happening to Carson?

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 03:13 PM
"Are you okay?" I asked, growing concerned. He didn't answer me. I knew something was wrong. I nudged Amanda.
"What do you want-- Carson! What's wrong baby?" She said stooping down to his level. She picked him up.
"Sorry to cut the meeting so short. I think he needs a vet." she said, looking frantically for our leashes. I showed her I didn't need my leash. I ran to the car and she followed me. She opened the door and I jumped in, scooting over so she could lay Carson down. His breathing had slowed down, like he was sleeping. I layed down and looked at him.
"Tell me what's wrong Carson. Come on. What's wrong??" I asked, pleadingly. He just closed his eyes slowly like he was falling asleep.
"CARSON!" I yelled, to wake him up.
"Stay with us Cars..." Amanda said from the front seat. I could see in the rearview mirror she was fighting back tears.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 04:09 PM
*no ones listening.. is it getting boring?*

Chapter 7: Carson's Fight
We arrived at the animal clinic, again, the same one I was at many times in the past few weeks. We rushed him in and the vet, whom I now know as Dr. Specke, grabbed Carson and layed him on one of those cold, silver tables.
"What's wrong with him?? What's wrong, Carson baby?" she asked him, as he closed his eyes once more.
"Not sure. We are going in to do some x-rays. Please take Ari and wait in the lobby." Dr. Specke said, ushering us out of the room. I followed Amanda out of the office and sat next to her as she dropped herself into a chair. She picked me up and plopped me on her lap.
"Ari, I'm so scared. What's wrong with him?" she asked me, scratching behind my ear. I put my paws up on her shoulders and reassured her it would be okay.
The doctor came back out and sat next to Amanda.
"Well, we have good news and bad news. Good news, he's doing okay now, with the help of medication. Bad news...

(I'll make you wait to find out what happens.) :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 05:48 PM
bump

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Okay guys, you're leavin' me hangin'! Is it boring?

Aspen and Misty
08-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Not boreing at all! Please continue! I absolutly love it!

Ash

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 07:25 PM
"Well, we have good news and bad news. Good news, he's doing okay now, with the help of medication. Bad news, he has cancer. We found a cancerous lump on the inside of his left leg. There is a small chance it will have to be amputated. He needs to go to surgery immediately so we can remove the lump. There is a chance he won't make it. The cancer could spread to his brain or his heart within a matter of a few months. Right now all we want is for him to live his life as happily as he can. We're giving him 4 months to live at this moment." she said.
Amanda broke down. She cried, and the doctor herself had to fight back tears. I looked at the doctor and then to Amanda.
"I'm so sorry, Ari." she said. What did she have to be sorry for? If she was sorry for pulling me into her family, she had no right to be. I felt I needed to be here for her when Carson's time came.
"You can go back and see him now, before surgery, if you feel up to it." Dr. Specke said. Amanda looked at me.
"Want to go see him girl?" she asked between sobs. I wagged my tail in agreement. She carried me to the back where he was lying on a table. When he saw us come in he wagged his tail, making thumping noises on the table, just like I had when I was sick. Amanda rested me on the table as she bent over to kiss Carson.
"You'll be okay, Carson. Promise me you'll pull through this for Amanda, okay? She'd die without you." I said, giving him a quick kiss on the nose. "You can do it, Carson. I know you can."

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 08:00 PM
"You'll be okay, Carson. Promise me you'll pull through this for Amanda, okay? She'd die without you." I said, giving him a quick kiss on the nose. "You can do it, Carson. I know you can." Amanda kissed him once more before we left, and then she led me back out to the lobby. She got into the car, and we drove home, with one less person in the car.
We got home and Amanda collapsed on the couch.
"Honey, where's Carson?" he mom asked. This brought on a whole other set of sobs. She explained the whole thing while bawling her eyes out to her mother. Her mother held her and they both cried.
I wished there was something I could do. I needed to get back to the vet and stay with him. I looked pleadingly into Amanda's eyes. Take me to him Amanda. I can make him better. Please Amanda. I begged. I grabbed Carson's leash out of her hand. Come on Amanda. Think. I ran in circles, and I grabbed on of his toys. I ran to the door and sat there.
"Ari, it's okay girl. Go lay down." she said to me before bed that night. I sat there all night.
Finally after everyone had gone to bed, I made my escape. I snuck through the doggy door and hopped the fence. I knew my way to the hospital, and I just had to get there.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 08:59 PM
bump?

Aspen and Misty
08-12-2003, 09:18 PM
::excuss me while I get the Tissues::

Is he ok? :(

Ash

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 09:25 PM
I ran almost the whole way there. I finally reached the hospital. I sat by the door and scratched it a few times, until Dr. Specke saw me. I heard them say That's Ari, Carson's sister... Dr. Specke opened the door for me and I dashed to the back. I looked at all the cages... Carson... Carson... where are you? Aha. Right on the bottom where I could see him. I wandered over to his cage and glanced in. He looked horrible.
"Ari? What are you doing here?" Dr. Specke asked me. I didn't move. I tried to lick Carson through the bars but I couldn't get back that far. I began scratching on the bars, and Dr. Specke came over.
"Okay okay, I'll open it. He's not doing to well, Ari." she said to me.

Aspen and Misty
08-12-2003, 09:40 PM
IS HE OK??? DID HE LIVE?????? PLEASE WRITE FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ash

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-12-2003, 09:47 PM
"Okay okay, I'll open it. He's not doing to well, Ari." she said to me. I crawled inside his cage with him and looked at his stitches on his leg.
"Carson? Are you okay?" I asked, lying down next to him. He opened his eyes.
"Ari? Is that you?" he asked, lifting his head.
"Woah, Carson hold still. You're okay." I said. I was so happy to hear him talk. I was the only one who could hear him, but it made me feel a thousand times better.
"How do you feel?" I asked. He closed his eyes again.
"Mm... I'm okay. A little sore, but I feel better than I did at the park. What's wrong with me? Did you hear?" he asked, anxiously.
"Well, you have cancer, Cars. They don't think you will make it." I said, wishing I hadn't told him.
"I will make it, Ari. I will. Trust me okay?" he said, pawing my side.

Chapter 8: Bringing Him Home
They allowed us to bring Carson home two days later. He had to be carried outside, and he wasn't allowed to play. I stayed by his side the whole time, and reassured him that the pills he was taking would make him live longer.
Amanda, on the other hand, was a huge wreck. She could barely stand to be around him. After a little while, when Carson was able to walk, he would walk over to her and she would begin to cry. He would try his best to act normal around her, as to not make her sad. He would bring over a toy, and she would toss it for him, only to watch him walk to go retrieve it. He would want to jump on her lap, but he couldn't make it. Sooner and sooner he began to get better.

Foam
08-12-2003, 11:29 PM
Carson! Glad you are recovering!

Poor Amanda! What happened to Carson??

More More!! MORE!!

pitc9
08-13-2003, 11:06 AM
You are still doing awsome!!

....keep on going!!!

Aspen and Misty
08-13-2003, 12:17 PM
NO MORE :eek: :eek:

COME ON GIRL! Write faster! You can't leave us hanging like this!

Ash!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Lol where'd I leave off? Hmm... Oh yeah.

BTW, I dont know how much typing I will get in today, me and my friend are going guitar shopping. :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Wait!!!!! I forgot an important part!! Erase this part from your memory, k?

They allowed us to bring Carson home two days later. He had to be carried outside, and he wasn't allowed to play. I stayed by his side the whole time, and reassured him that the pills he was taking would make him live longer.
Amanda, on the other hand, was a huge wreck. She could barely stand to be around him. After a little while, when Carson was able to walk, he would walk over to her and she would begin to cry. He would try his best to act normal around her, as to not make her sad. He would bring over a toy, and she would toss it for him, only to watch him walk to go retrieve it. He would want to jump on her lap, but he couldn't make it. Sooner and sooner he began to get better.

ERASE!!! GONE!!! I forgot a part inbetween there.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-13-2003, 12:38 PM
"Well, you have cancer, Cars. They don't think you will make it." I said, wishing I hadn't told him.
"I will make it, Ari. I will. Trust me okay?" he said, pawing my side.
Then next day we both woke up to the doctor talking on the phone. She must have called Amanda.
"Amanda? This is Dr. Specke. We have Ari. It seems she ran all the way here to see Carson. They are both asleep in his cage right now." she said, smiling at us.
"I've been busted Carson." I said.
"Well, how'd you expect not to?" he said laughing. He slowly eased his way up and soon was standing next to me.
"How ya feel?" I asked yawning.
"I'm okay. Still a little sore. I think Amanda's here." he said. Sure enough, Amanda was standing over us, looking a little tickled by the situation, but still angry at me. I lowered my ears and stepped out of the cage.
"No need to be afraid Ari, I was just scared." she said patting my head. "That's all." She picked me up and put me in the car before coming back in to get Carson. The doctor told us he could spend time with us before he passed. This just seemed to upset Amanda more, because she had finally convinced herself that Carson would make it.

The car ride home was very interesting.
"How did you get the Ari? Did you jump the fence? With your broken legs? Ari, you're crazy." she said laughing. I barked at her to show her I was most definately NOT crazy.
Carson had to be carried outside, and he wasn't allowed to play. I stayed by his side the whole time, and reassured him that the pills he was taking would make him live longer.
Amanda was coping with things better than we thought she would. She held Carson in her lap, and she carried him around everywhere.
When his stitches came out of his leg, it was like he was reborn. He was once again a prancing little puppy. He could play fetch, and jump onto the couch.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-13-2003, 06:07 PM
bump

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-13-2003, 08:29 PM
bump again

Aspen and Misty
08-13-2003, 08:30 PM
Writing any more?

Ash

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-13-2003, 08:37 PM
One day, while we were at the park it happened again. This time it was worse. He actually fainted while we were out swimming. Lucky for him, he was on his way back to shore. I saw him sink under and I swam over to help him. I dove under and pushed him up with my nose. I bit his collar and pulled him back to shore. Amanda saw what happened and started screaming. This time was worse. Much worse.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Back to the hospital. They rushed him to the back and we later found out his cancer had returned. It had spread and the doctor told us there was no stopping it.
I was shocked. I couldn't move. I didn't want to believe it, and neither did Amanda. She rushed out of the office and out into the parking lot. She sat on the sidewalk by the doors and cried. The doctor opened the door for me and I jumped into her lap. I cried my own doggy tears. Amanda and I sat there for the longest time, both crying in our own ways.
After about 20 minutes of non-stop crying from the both of us, we went in to see Carson. He was again lying on the table, but he looked better than at the lake.
"We're giving him a few weeks." Dr. Specke said. Amanda massaged his ears, and kissed his forehead.
"Can we take him home?" Amanda asked. The doctor nodded and Amanda carefully picked up Carson and carried him to the car. I could barely look at him when I myself got in.

Aspen and Misty
08-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Sounds good so far

One suggestion--- It seems odd that he is instantly great and then all fo the sudden he is really really sick, you might want to put that although he isn't feel well today he still deced to go swimming. That way ti states that he isn't feeling well that day.

Sorry to be a pain

Ash

puppygrrl4eva7
08-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Wow I just Read this story It's really good:D :D but I think it has a weak beginning, I'm not trying to be mean it's just a suggestion maybe. I really stink at writing it's just not my thing:p But I really do like your story:)

Aspen and Misty
08-14-2003, 02:13 AM
LOL the begging is my fav part, LOL.

Ash

popcornbird
08-14-2003, 02:51 AM
Great story! It can have some proofreading done, but I think you're doing wonderful! Great work for your age and such an interesting story! Go on. I want to see what happens next!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-14-2003, 12:43 PM
"Can we take him home?" Amanda asked. The doctor nodded and Amanda carefully picked up Carson and carried him to the car. I could barely look at him when I myself got in.
"I'm sorry." he said.
I looked over at him. He was crying also. I layed down next to him with my head rested next to his.
"It's okay pal, we'll show em you can beat this." I said, trying to convince myself he would live.
The ride home was very quiet. Nor Amanda or Carson and I talked. When we did get home,
Amanda layed him down in his bed and I curled up next to him.
"Ari, go play, go do something. Don't stay here with me, I'll be okay." he said.
"No I'm fine. You stayed with me when I was sick, I'm staying with you. I don't care how long this takes." I said. "Wait."
I ran out into the living room and grabbed my favorite stuffie. I brought it back and layed it down by his paws.
"Here you have this." I said.
"Ari! It's your favorite!" Carson told me.
"Carson, you gave me your favorite when I was here. Here's mine." I said.

CamCamPup33
08-14-2003, 12:45 PM
more more more more more more more more:D :p

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-14-2003, 01:01 PM
"Ari! It's your favorite!" Carson told me.
"Carson, you gave me your favorite when I was here. Here's mine." I said. I layed with him all night, getting up only to eat and go outside. We had some great conversations. Over time he began playing again, under strict supervision. He loved playing outside, especially in the rain. He would get full of mud, and then always need a bath. He was acting totally normal. Then came his check - up.

Chapter 9: The Final Checkup
The day of the checkup was a hectic day. We gave Carson his pills, and gave him one more bath. (We were mud wrestling..) Amanda packed us up in the car and we drove to the vet. Carson was being so hyper! He kept biting my ears and pulling my collar. We finally got pulled apart when we got to the vet.
Amanda stuck us on our leashes and we went calmly inside. (Amanda had begged us not to be wild.) We took Carson to the back and we went back to the lobby. We waited 10 minutes... 15 minutes... 20 minutes. Then Dr. Specke came out.

Aspen and Misty
08-14-2003, 01:17 PM
AND............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

WHAT HAPPENS? IS HE DIEING? IS THE CANCER GONE?????

Ash

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-14-2003, 01:21 PM
Amanda stuck us on our leashes and we went calmly inside. (Amanda had begged us not to be wild.) We took Carson to the back and we went back to the lobby. We waited 10 minutes... 15 minutes... 20 minutes. Then Dr. Specke came out.
Ready?

"Well. We took Carson in for a cat-scan. We found out that the cancer is in remission and will most likely not come back." she said, with a huge smile on her face.
"You're kidding. Right? You're kidding. Haha. Very funny." Amanda said. My tail was wagging so fast I didn't hear what was said. I ran to the back and saw Carson standing on the table.
"What did they say, Ari? Tell me what they said!!" he begged.
"It's gone, Carson! It's gone! No more cancer!" I said jumping up and down. Carson started barking and I began barking. We started a huge fiasco with the other dogs, but THIS by far was the best day of my life.

Aspen and Misty
08-14-2003, 01:28 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Last few sentences of the story...

I've learned a lot of things up to this point in my life. Love is hard to find. But once you find it, it never ever leaves. Love can also find you. In my case, I searched the world for that one special person. But I found two.

Aspen and Misty
08-14-2003, 02:00 PM
And thats the end of the book????

Ash :confused:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-14-2003, 02:11 PM
I guess... it would go on forever..

popcornbird
08-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Noooooooo! CONTINUE!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Then you gotta gimmie IDEAS!! I'm all out!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-15-2003, 01:34 PM
*bonk*

Foam
08-15-2003, 06:02 PM
Maybe continue the story until they both grow up and their not pups anymore. Then Ari finds a mate, and has pups.
Maybe something in between there, Jason comes back and kidnaps Ari! Then Carson, who maybe was working with tracking, tracked her down and found her abandoned and near death by a waterfall in an icy rushing river! Then they find Jason after she has her pups or something..

I'm so evil, I know..but just some ideas. :p