PDA

View Full Version : Skylar's Coloring

aly
08-10-2003, 05:31 PM
I think Skylar might be starting to look more Flame pointy because it looks like he's getting some orange on his face. Look real close and you'll see it. This just appeared about a week ago.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pd1907d871f2595e1c9f4b5c3463dc646/fb6ce0f2.jpg

sasvermont
08-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Skylar is so handsome! I do think he may be a flame point.... Don't the colors show up more vividly when the temperatures rise? I thought I had read that!

What a cute, cute kitty. And so relaxed!

Thanks for the photo. It put a smile back on my face!

L,
SAS
:D

Kater
08-10-2003, 05:52 PM
I do see a bit of orange coming in on his face there. I think the bright flash of the camera might wash it out in the pictures. He's such a handsome boy!!! :D Love that pretty little pink nose! *kiss*

neko1
08-10-2003, 06:02 PM
What a sweetie!!!! I also see the orange a bit.
I wanna kiss that little pink nose:)

Karen
08-10-2003, 06:18 PM
I know the "points" come in darker as they age ... maybe he's just a reallllllly slow chameleon, like we tease Miss Hoppy. When we got her, she was all one color brown, then she got a small dark spot on her nose - Paul thought she had hurt herself, but nope! You've seen her now with her dark ears and feet, and she's got subtle patterns in the browns that change over time - as does the shape of the dark area on her nose!

Maybe Sky'll keep you guessing as well.

Uabassoon
08-10-2003, 06:28 PM
LOL I remember when Tibby's shading was starting to come in I thought she was dirty because she had grey all over her. So poor baby I made her take a bath. Then after I dried her off I couldn't figure out why she still had all that grey on her back. LOL boy did I feel silly.

krazyaboutkatz
08-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Skylar is getting more handsome every day. I love his pink little nose too. :)

Miss Meow
08-11-2003, 12:10 AM
It'll be interesting to see his final colours develop. How old is he now??? Nine to 12 months old is a common time for Meezer babies to turn into little chameleons :0

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-11-2003, 12:33 AM
Skylar is such a precious kitty - I am totally smitten by his little pink nosie!

NoahsMommy
08-11-2003, 01:43 AM
I couldn't be any more in love with Skylar than I am right now...I love his coloring so much!

Aly, can I be Skylar's godmother???

aly
08-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I couldn't be any more in love with Skylar than I am right now...I love his coloring so much!

Aly, can I be Skylar's godmother???

Of course!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sends purrs and coos your way :)

I will start a new thread in a little while with pics of him playing with my foster boys. I am being soooooooo bad and putting off finding them a home because I love them so much :o

bisi.cat
08-11-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by aly
I think Skylar might be starting to look more Flame pointy

...and I think Skylar might be starting to look more irresisitible than ever!!!

What a cute one!!!

Looking forward very much to seeing further pics!;)

Barbara
08-11-2003, 03:01 AM
I have noticed on one of the earlier pictures that Skylars ears, his back and his tail have begun to show flame point markings too. He is the most adorable little clown I know (and I am envying Kelly to have asked first whether she could be his godmother;) ) and I am sure he will be even more irresistible.

Who are the foster boys you are talking about?

aly
08-11-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Barbara

Who are the foster boys you are talking about?

I have 2 five month old kitties that i've been fostering for almost a month now :) I made a thread about them when I first got them but I'll make a new one with pics soon! :)

ChrisH
08-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Yes, I can see the orange too.

He is such a cutie-pie!:)

HayleyRosie
08-11-2003, 06:48 AM
He is such a handsome little guy. I can't wait to see more pictures of him.

IttyBittyKitty
08-11-2003, 07:25 AM
In this (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31853) thread from Dog General:

Originally posted by aly

Skylar says, "Hey, where ya guys goin???"

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p6ae2344726260b90bce246ef8c227d63/fb755e84.jpg

Check out cutie pie Skylar!!!!

Vio&Juni
08-11-2003, 09:01 AM
Skylar is one handsome boy and he's gonna break some hearts in the kitty world :)

catlover4ever
08-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Aly, Skylar is so handsome. I can never get over how some cats start out one color and as they get older, they end up a different color or their markings start to show.

boscibo
08-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Skylar looks like he will be like my Bo. Bo was pure white as a kitten, he started changing color slowly as he got older. Today he is like this:
http://home.comcast.net/~pattis_garden2/snooze.jpg

I always get comments on his color, he has kept his pinks (nose, paws) and his beautiful blue eyes.

jazzcat
08-11-2003, 10:24 AM
I saw that picture of Bo and thought, Wow, Skylar has grown a lot in this picture. I'd love to see more pictures of Bo.

Skylar is so adorable and I love the orange points coming out.

kimlovescats
08-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Skylar is so precious... love that pinkie nose too! Yep, he is turning flame point, just like Casper. Casper doesn't show much on his face yet, but he is definitely getting the orange rings on his tail! ;)

ScantyNebula
08-11-2003, 01:24 PM
ohh how nice Skylar! You are so handsome! :D

Lily's fur is changing too, all the fur that was gray is now tinting brown! And her back that was mostly all white/light gray, is beginning to turn light brown :D

NoahsMommy
08-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by aly
Of course!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sends purrs and coos your way :)

Yay!!! :) I love my little godson. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2003, 08:10 PM
This is sooo cool!:cool:

I really don't know that much about meezers, and I never knew they started out mostly white and their colors came in later. It's cool because you really don't know how they're going to turn out. Keeps things interesting....not that they need to be more interesting when you have a kitten in the house. ;) :D

And I guess I have to go check out that doggie site. Those must be teeny tiny puppies in that pic!