PDA

View Full Version : Sad News from Mugsy and Myself

Slave of 15 Dogs
08-10-2003, 01:56 AM
This has been a bad week. Animal control came to the house Wed. Told us they did not like the house or the yard. They called code enforcement, they said that unless we reduced our family they would condem the house and seize all of the dogs. We called and talked with the director of animal control. She said that this was not an attack because we took over the shelter. That they got a call from a neighbor (they always get calls and always find nothing wrong until now). We talked with another director and he came to the house and said he wanted to see us get down to 7 dogs (interestingly enough their ordanice is a total of 7 animals), He also said that he would send an officer and pickup 13 dogs and eval them for adoption. We told him to take a (Censored). We then talked to the head of animal control again and she said that we need to get down to 10 (half) of our family.

So, With the heaviest of hearts, we helped Dudley and Ryu Pass to the Rainbow Bridge. Dudley had Mange (demodect) and has developed a staff infection that would not go away he was also starting to whine in pain. Ryu's hip displayisia was starting to cause him to fall and we had an appt. to have him checked and possibly ease his pain. Due to these problem and their age they would have been put down before we left the building(at animal control) and no shelter would have taken them( we called). My only hope is that they will forgive us and wait for us at the bridge.

As for the rest of our family we were forced to return Pebbles and Dio to the shelter we got them from. Our beloved Max and Sammi returned to the shelter from where they came. And Lastly we had to return Serenity and Vonnie to the Spca here in town.
I can only hope that they are given to people who will love them as much as we do. WE miss them now and for time to come. They did not deserve this. :mad: :mad: :confused:

We called the director and convinced her that it would be hard to return Sophie. WE are able to Have 11 dogs for the grandfather clause.

Baby is our last dog to let go, But we are going to contact a rescue that trains herding dogs to work for farms and then adopts them out. Baby has a strong herding instict and we realize that this will be best for her. (even tho we do not want to loose her either).

For this Molly will not be posting much any more( for awhile). We will be jumping through the hoops for the city to keep the rest of our family. we will try to keep posted as to the developments.
And as for now the pt meeting in august is tentative.

wolfsoul
08-10-2003, 02:16 AM
I'm speechless. I'm crying for you right now. That's so terrible. I can only imagine how that must feel. I don't understand why they had to do that.

I'm sooo sorry. :( So sorry.

RIP Dudley and Ryu.

Aspen and Misty
08-10-2003, 02:29 AM
O Molly and Mike ::hugs::

I can only imagine the pain of loosing 10 children all at the same time! Good luck in trying to keep your family together, we'll keep you in our prayers.

Ashley

Kfamr
08-10-2003, 03:00 AM
oh my gosh... I really don't know what to say. I am in tears right now. NOT SERENITY. oh my gosh.......................:( :( :( :(

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-10-2003, 04:08 AM
Oh My!

I am sure that there are no possible words that can comfort you and Molly or make the loss of 10 members of your family any less painful. My heart goes out to you. All we can hope for is that they find new loving hopes that can provide the same type of love you have showered them with. Thank you for giving each one of them a second chance.

RIP Dudley and Ryu.

ChrisH
08-10-2003, 04:28 AM
Molly and Mike I am so, so sorry. This news is breaking my heart, I know it must be almost unbearably painful for you. Tears are flowing here and I really don`t know what else to say.
Hugs

jenluckenbach
08-10-2003, 06:38 AM
This is probably the most heartbreaking news that I have ever heard. I know that if this happened to me, I would be inconsolable (sp?). Why can't they go out and just catch REAL criminals??? There are no words to even begin to help you both feel better, so just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pam
08-10-2003, 07:01 AM
You must be numb! Half of your family - gone in one day! Please know that all of us here at Pet Talk are sharing in your sadness. I am wondering why they didn't let you try to re-home them yourselves. At least that way you could have some idea of the kinds of homes they'd be going to. You have my sympathy in the loss of Dudley and Ryu. This is so sad.

Cookiebaker
08-10-2003, 07:23 AM
Oh my! My heart is breaking for you guys! Please take care of yourselves,and know that we share your pain. Rest in peace Dudley & Ryu! :(

Cincy'sMom
08-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Oh my gosh you guys. I am in shock. I am so sorry this happened!! Oh how terrible for you!!! I am sitting here speechless.

I can't imagine the saddness and frustration and anger you must be dealing with. Why now, when they have been there before and said everything was fine. You guys do such an awesome job of caring for your crew, making sure they get the vet care ,and love they deserve. LIke Jen said, why not catch the real criminals.

I'm so sorry.

RIP Dudley and Ryu. You will be missed.

Sevens
08-10-2003, 08:21 AM
OH my God! This is so horrible! You two do so much for your doggies and the shelter you are working at. Why the heck can't the city just leave you and your family alone?:mad:

I am so sorry. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. **hugs**

Stephanie, Brian, Bailey, and Guinness

tatsxxx11
08-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Oh, no. My heart breaks for you both, Mike and Mugsy:(:( The pain of losing so many beloved family members must be unbearable. I can only hope and pray that the kids will find homes that can provide them with half the love and devotion you two did. Oh, Serenity, Vonnie, Pebbles, Dio, Max, Sammi, Baby, my prayers are with you, precious ones. Sweet Dudley and Ryu knew how much you loved them and will be waiting for you both at the RB. Till then, rest peacefully, sweet ones. I'm so, so sorry, Mike and Mugsy:( Love, Sandra

Cincy'sMom
08-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs

We called the director and convinced her that it would be hard to return Sophie. WE are able to Have 11 dogs for the grandfather clause.

Just one thought...can you or did you get this is writing, in blood, notirized, whatever. Previously, they were okay with all, 20. I would hate to see them change it on you yet again.

KYS
08-10-2003, 08:43 AM
I am sitting here/reading and imagining what it would be like not only to loose 1 of my family members, but 8. Both your hearts must be breaking/tearing in millions of pieces.

You both have such good hearts and have done all you could. Dudley and Ryu are in a kinder and much better place right now.
I am so sorry.
Hugs Karen

Karen
08-10-2003, 08:45 AM
This is so sad, so unfair. Could you get some kind of permit that allows you to run a no-kill shelter or something that would allow you to keep more of them until they're adopted out?

Awful, awful people.

Our prayers are with you all.

Sudilar
08-10-2003, 08:57 AM
This is devastating news. My heart is breaking for you both and all the dogs. Run happy and free Ryu and Dudley at Rainbow Bridge......there you'll have great company. I am so very, very sad; I truly feel your pain.
Hugs.http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/traurig/sad-smiley-014.gif

Rachel
08-10-2003, 09:04 AM
This is such a sad state of affairs for you and the precious pups who have had to be turned away. I can't even imagine the stress of having to chose which would stay and which would go. I know there is nothing I can say to ease the pain you are feeling with your loss. There must be such huge holes in your heart right now.

Please, please, try to stay strong and not let this defeat your kind hearts. You still have the others to care for and there is still a huge need for your help and advocacy for the doggies who don't have homes.

This is a sad day. :(

primabella
08-10-2003, 09:05 AM
I can't even imagine what you guys are going through. Why would these people take away some animals who were loved and cared for so well and bring them to another shelter where they may never find a home? :( It isn't fair. *hugs* Be strong guys and I'm so sorry.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Mugsy, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine what this has done to you., it must be devastating. You both have poured your heart and soul into loving these very precious pups. It had to be difficult enough to send Ryu and Dudley to the Rainbow Bridge but now to lose so many of your family is more than anyone could bear. Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for you and the pups. It is just too difficult to make these kinds of choices. My heart goes out to you, words are not enough.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

anna_66
08-10-2003, 09:50 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading:( I'm sorry I have no words to comfort you. Just please stay strong for the rest of your crew.

R.I.P. Ryu & Dudley

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Your Friend
Anna

moosmom
08-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Mike and Molly,

I am absolutely speechless! You guys were doing something so good and unselfish. My heart goes out to you both. We are all here for you. I cannot even begin to imagine the devastation you are going through. If they grandfathered in 11 dogs, how come they couldn't grandfather in a few more?

Sounds like a legal issue to me. Any chance of contacting a lawyer specializes in this sort of law?

At any rate, please know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP Dudly and RYU

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

RubyMutt
08-10-2003, 10:34 AM
That is horrible! I'm so sorry to hear this :( You two are such wonderful people, I can't believe this happened to you! :( :( I'm so sorry :( RIP sweet Dudly and Ryu :(

Cataholic
08-10-2003, 10:39 AM
Molly and Mike,
I am so sorry to hear this awful news. Please be comforted in knowing you did the responsible and humane act of ultimate courage in helping Dudley and Ryu pass to the RB. Their passing was the ultimate act of love from you two. Please know that.

I am speechless as to what to say concerning the others that you were forced to return. I pray that they will find a home even half as loving as yours....even at that, it will be a home to dream for.

You two do so much for those without a voice. Please cry, be sad, take some time, but, do not give up.

Love,
Johanna

Crikit
08-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Mike and Molly

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles this past week. I hope that the dogs that were placed in the shelters find kind and loving homes to live the rest of their days in doggie happiness, and that you guys can get stuff worked out for the rest of the dogs.

RIP Ryu and Dudley

Tracy

lizbud
08-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Molly and Mike,

I honestly don't know what to say.:( This is so incrediblely
sad.:( I wish I were there with you both to hug & try to console
you both. The thing that keeps running throught my mind is how
can a discusting puppy mill with hundreds of dogs kept in a
constant state of deprivation be o.k. legally, yet you guys are
not allowed to keep your family together where all the dogs are
loved & cared for? I don't understand that. Is it a matter of
licensing, or permits ? Just paperwork? This seems so unfair to
me. I am so very sorry.

ChloeLove
08-10-2003, 11:31 AM
I cannot believe this...This is so incredibly unfair and so sad! I cannot imagine my life without Chloe...and she is one dog, I can only imagine how you guys are feeling right now. I know there is so much I can say, but nothing will be able to console the pain you must be feeling right now. I am so sorry. :(

Love,
Amanda and The Crew

dukedogsmom
08-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Well, I guess you've got everyone crying with you. I'm so sorry. I don't know why they have to be so hard on people willing to help. With hundreds of unwanted animals put to death every month, I don't know why they wouldn't let you keep yours because you cared and were doing what was best for them. We are all sad to hear this.

RockyRoad
08-10-2003, 11:58 AM
OMG, how terrible. :( Molly & Mike, I am so sorry this had to happen to you. You are such good people, you didn't deserve to lose half of your fur-family. I can only imagine how much pain you are going through. You and your dogs will be in my thoughts and prayers.
R.I.P. Ryu and Dudley :(

apcrs5122
08-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Oh my gosh......I'm speechless. I'm so sorry, I'm crying:( I'll pray for you guys. I just don't know what to say:(

magcpen
08-10-2003, 12:10 PM
OMG. This doesn't make me sad this makes meurious. What neighbor called? Yell at them! Do SOMETHING to them! You love your dogs and that is NOT FAIR! Sue the pants off the Humane Society. Let's do an internet petition to get you your dogs make! OMG! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Rest in Peace Ryu and Dudley.

(P.S. I apologize, I haven't read all of the responses but I'm too furious to NOT post right away.)

shais_mom
08-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Mike and Molly,
I am so sorry for you losses. How awful.
I can't imagine what you are going thru.
Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Staci

sisterdog
08-10-2003, 01:09 PM
I cannot find words to say how much I feel for your loss. I've always thought you were extraordinary people for caring for your dogs as much as you do.

RIP, Dudley and Ryu.

Logan
08-10-2003, 01:28 PM
I am so sorry. :( Truly do not know what to say. Here you are, trying to save way more than the ones you already have and love, and this happens. My heart is really breaking for both of you, knowing how much you care for each and every one of them.

Logan

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-10-2003, 01:47 PM
I'd be so pissed.

I am so sorry you guys have to go through this.

I'm sure all of your babies will find great homes.

As for Ryu and Dudley, I'm sure they'll be having a great time at the RB.

I"m so sorry, you guys.

:( :( :( :(

GoldenRetrLuver
08-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Thats so depressing...:( . The pain of losing one dog is heartbreaking.....but 8? :( Im so sorry you guys...I hope they will find good homes. You will be in my thoughts and prayers that some good will come out of all this. :(

Uabassoon
08-10-2003, 02:45 PM
I can't even believe what I am reading. You do so much and I can't believe this happened to you. I'm so sorry for what happened. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

4 Dog Mother
08-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Mike and Molly,

Can't even begin to know what you are feeling right now. You have given so many dogs a great home when no one else wanted them. It doesn't seem at all fair for someone to come in and tell you you have to get rid of your dogs when there are so many other dogs out there being abused, neglected and mistreated.

I am terribly sorry this is happening to you both. You and the pups with be in our prayers.

Diana and crew

momoffuzzyfaces
08-10-2003, 04:25 PM
:( This is just heart breaking! With all the animals in the world needing good homes you would think they would be glad that yours had you and not put them back in the 'system'. This just makes me want to 'whack' someone in charge across the head. They need some sense knocked into them somehow. If a family has lots of children, do they have to put half of them up for adoption?
You and Mugsy and all your babies are in my prayers.

Foam
08-10-2003, 04:30 PM
:( My my my..Tragedy..I'm incredibly sorry for you guys, and beautiful Ryu and Dudley.
PM me if you need anything at all, okay? :)

WestieKisses
08-10-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I know I can't change anything, but you are more than welcome to PM me if you ever need to just talk about it.

Kater
08-10-2003, 06:05 PM
This is terribly tragic news. These actions seem completely uncalled for and unfair. I don't know what to say except that I'm so very sorry for your losses. Please take the time you need to heal.

Thinking of you and praying for healing.

delidog
08-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Oh Dear Mike and Molly,
I read this this morning and thought to myself,I won't write until I have the right words to say....well,I've thought about this all day....and there are No right words....the gamit of emotions that you have gone through in such a short time....
I so feel for you guys....You and your Furkids are in my thoughts and Prayers....You and them did not deserve this....
I am so sorry.....My heart broke when I saw Mikes' post....
I don't understand why you were not given more time...especially with your work at the shelter!!!!

Take time to heal!!!
We are here for you!!!!!

Godspeed Dear Ryu and Dudley...Scrubber & Ms. Puss will be at the Bridge to Guide you!!!

All Our Love,
Nicole and John

Miss Meow
08-10-2003, 08:03 PM
I can't believe it. When did they forget about the basics of love and care and how much you love your animals???

I'm so sorry about Ryu and Dudley, it must've been one of the hardest things you've had to do. Rest in peace beloved ones.

I hope your remaining dogs are coping OK as they'll be shaken up as well. Hugs to you all, we are thinking of you.

captain
08-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Molly and Mike .................. my heart breaks for you.

The Rainbow bridge received two angels in advance ......... and I am sure they are waiting patiently for you there ......

Nothing I can say will take away your heartache, but please know that my thought and prayers are with you ........

Love
Michelle, John and the kids

Cheshirekatt
08-10-2003, 10:09 PM
I don't know what to say. That's one of the most terrible things I've ever heard. :(

Please know that we're here if you need anything.

K9karen
08-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Dearest Mike & Molly..you've been my heroes since you first started posting. Losing Cody was unbearable, but losing all your family members at one time is devasting. You and many others on PT convinced me that rescuing was the best thing in the world and it has been. I can only hope and pray that your sweet darlings find loving homes, but you'll be a hard act to follow. I totally agree with Jen...instead of focusing on real criminals and abusers, they look at you! I'm so pissed off I could scream. I love you guys and you'll all be in my prayers...

wolf_Q
08-10-2003, 11:39 PM
So sorry to hear this Molly and Mike. I wish the best for all of the dogs. I pray the ones in shelters end up with good homes. Wasn't there some sort of permit you could have gotten to prevent this from happening? Rest in peace Dudley and Ryu. :(

Twisterdog
08-10-2003, 11:57 PM
That's very sad news. You did the best you could do given the circumstances. Don't lose heart.

Just one thought...can you or did you get this is writing, in blood, notirized, whatever. Previously, they were okay with all, 20. I would hate to see them change it on you yet again.

I completely agree with this. Do not rely on ANY oral agreements, get everything official and in writing, so you don't have to go through this again.

Cinder & Smoke
08-11-2003, 12:34 AM
:(

{{{Hugs}}} to you both.

I'm glad you were able to react so quickly -
your quickly getting the FurKids back to their former shelters
surely saved them from an unknown fate at the hands
of the "animal controll ??" people.

Something that you may not have had time to do yet;
but might help with adoptions for those that went
back to shelters...

Try to write up an Introduction for each of the Dogs...
sort of a "This Is My Life..." to assist with finding the
Purfect Home for the now homeless ones. Your insight on
how they act; likes; dislikes; issues; etc - might make a
big difference in how they are placed.

And having someone to contact, that really KNOWS the Dogs -
might make a future adopter more confortable.

And if it had happened to me?
I'd have a Huge Banner posted in the front yard...
"THANKS, neighbors...
the now HOMLESS Dogs
appreciate your kindness" :p

But check with the city, first -
be sure you don't keeed a Sign Permit! :rolleyes:

Try to come on the 31st -
So we can all shower you two with more personal {{{HUGGS}}}

/s/ :( Phred

lovemyshiba
08-11-2003, 07:07 AM
Oh Molly and Mike
My heart is just breaking for you. I read this yesterday, but still cannot find the right words--there are none to express how I feel. I know it's nothing compared to you, but I am mad, sad, angry, and disappointed.
How could they do this to you?
As Karen mentioned, you two are my heroes as well. You gave everything you had to these dogs, only to have them ripped away from you.
I cannot even imagine the grief you must be experiencing, it is heartwrenching to think about.

I know you did the right thing in helping Dudley and Ryu pass to the Bridge--they will be waiting for you there.

This makes me so angry--so many homeless animals, you two do everything you can for the ones you have, and they take them from you--it makes no sense to me.

Please know I am thinking of you, and the rest of your family.

If there is anything anyone here can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Love,
Emily, Kito, Abbey and Riley

IttyBittyKitty
08-11-2003, 07:49 AM
Mike and Molly,

I am so devastated at the news of your loss. What the hell were these jokers thinking? Hey, I've got a good idea! Let's take away ten dogs from their loving owners and put them in shelters where they will be lucky to be adopted out. Give me a raise and a new car! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whoever made THAT decision needs a good WHACK IN THE HEAD!

I cannot imagine the heartbreak the two of you have gone though to have to euthanize not one, but two of your loving pets and give away eight more. That would just be the end of me :(

Remember, we're here if you need us.

ramanth
08-11-2003, 08:28 AM
I feel numb right now and all I can do is cry... :(

I hope Karma bites that :mad: neighbor in the @#*&%.

RIP Dudley and Ryu.... your mom and dad loved you so much. I just know you'll be waiting for them.

*HUGS* to Mike and Molly

I'm so sorry...... :(

Fett
08-11-2003, 08:53 AM
Oh wow, guys. :( That's gotta be a terrible blow to you, having half your beloved pets taken away. :( I'm very honored I had the opportunity last summer to meet most of them at your house during a much happier time......

lbaker
08-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Hearts are aching for both of you and for all those beloved dogs - the ones having to go and also for the ones staying who are losing some of their buddies. The good you have been doing deserves better than the treatment from your horrible neighbors and the "powers that be". Bless your hearts and don't lose your dignity the way I would probably be forced to do out of anger. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Laurie

GSDgurl
08-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Oh, im soo sorry to here this Molly n' Mike... Its soo sad you had to loose soo many of your family members..:(
Rest In Peace Dudley and Ryu.....:(
I hope that they all find great homes just like you gave them...

Yall well be in my prayers..
Casey, Asia, Alex, Colby,
Ashes, Meche, Kayro, n' Baby.

mugsy
08-11-2003, 04:30 PM
To all our good friends,

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for all your good thoughts and good wishes. This has been the single most devastating thing that has ever happened in my life. Mike is holding up better than I, but, that's not saying a lot. I cry about every 15 minutes and expect to see the dogs every time I get home and they're not there. I cry everytime I read a new post on here. The dogs aren't eating and neither am I and if I do, it doesn't stay down very long. It helps just knowing that there are so many good friends all over the world sharing our pain and are there in support of us. All of the returned dogs are doing well in the shelters, so far, and Max and Sammy have had calls on them already. I just can't imagine them in a home other than ours. Thank you again and your continued support is so very much appreciated, you cannot know.

Thanks.

Mike and Molly

*LabLoverKEB*
08-11-2003, 05:09 PM
Molly, Mike, I am so, so, so sorry, I just don't know what to say. This is so unfair. I am so sorry. I wish I could help. My prayers are with you, and your babies, that they all go to good homes, just as good as homes as they were with you. God Bless.

Cincy'sMom
08-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Mike and Molly-

I know it isn't much, but if you can think any postive thoughts, remember that you have given all the dogs a loving caring home. You have taught them some people are good. You have socailized them well with other dogs and humans alike. You have helped them overcome issues.

They will find homes, because you have given them a great start. You have taught them how to be great pets, and are all very adoptable dogs becuase of you

I have double prints of pictures from the Dog Park trips. If you would like some,plese PM me your address and I'll mail them too you. I know it isn't brining the dogs back, but the memories will always be there..

Amy

Stenograsaurus
08-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Molly and Mike,
I have just read this and I honestly don't know what I can say. I am in shock. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Please know that I am thinking of you and you and the pups are in my prayers. I am sure Dudley and Ryu will be happily waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for you.
:( Beth:(

Sudilar
08-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Molly...Still sending hugs and prayers to you, Mike and the furbabies. This is so terribly sad. Hugs.

Aspen and Misty
08-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Mike and Molly- Your still in my pareyers and thoughts ::hugs:: to you and all your pups.

I know they will find a good home because you have made them the good dogs they are!

Ash

LoudLou
08-13-2003, 02:59 AM
Mike, Molly & Family~

I am SO saddened by this news... My heart goes out to you. Hugs and Prayers to y'all.

LOUD Louie & Family

mugsy
08-14-2003, 07:54 AM
Hi all,

Again thank you all for your support through this awful time. Baby will be the last to go, but, we believe we may have found the perfect home for her. A woman in Minnesota really wants her. She said that she would be a working dog (which would be perfect for her) during the day and she would be herding cattle (what better job for a Cattle Dog) either rounding up a herd or working individually, whichever she slides into. She would then go and be in the house with her humans at night and get thoroughly spoiled. I REALLY like this woman and she promised us updates on how she is doing. One more trauma and this should be over. Thanks again for all you guys have done for us.

Molly and Mike

Sudilar
08-14-2003, 08:38 AM
I am so glad for Baby. The new home does sound like it will be perfect!!!

Still thinking of you. This is one of the most tragic events possible. I won't be able to rest until I know that all those you had to give up will go to a good home. Please keep us updated. My heart still breaks for Ryu and Dudley.

Life is so unfair.

Big hugs coming your way.

ramanth
08-14-2003, 09:43 AM
*HUGE HUGS FOR YOU BOTH*

That home sounds like a good match for Baby.

*still in shock and tears over all this*

:(

lizbud
08-14-2003, 01:13 PM
Molly & Mike,

Just wanted to let you guys know that you both are in my
thoughts & prayers everyday. I'm glad to hear that Baby seems to have found a place that she will like too. Please let us all know
how everyone is doing since some of their dog buddies are no
longer there. {{{{HUGS}}}} Liz & Smokey.

ChrisH
08-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Molly & Mike, thanks for the update, I am so glad that you have found Baby a good home.

My heart still aches for you both, and just to let you know, I think of you and your great loss every day and am keeping you in my prayers and heart.

Love and big hugs
Chris

Aspen and Misty
08-14-2003, 01:15 PM
O I am so glad ot hear this! ::hugs::

Yay for Baby you found someone as loving as you.

I know how hard this is for you ::hugs:: be brave

Ash

mugsy
08-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Well today brought even MORE bad news. I got done eating lunch and checked my phone since I had had it on silence while we were in our meeting and found a message from Mike saying that Cobb Care was being shut down. Someone (who we know) called the New Haven cops on us and Calvin went out and said we had to get air conditioning in there within 24 hours or we were done. Mike made arrangements for some of the dogs and then said the rest of them were going to AC. I refused to accept that and I kept trying. Craig, one of our volunteers, took one of his air conditioners out of his house and said we could use it and then we found the slumlord owner of the building and along with Calvin (the volunteer AC officer) went to the shelter. In the presence of Calvin the owner agreed to let us put a window airconditioner in, so Craig proceeded to put the 15,000 btu in, so along with fans that should cool us off. One battle down a few more to fight, but, I think we'll have 30 days to accomplish those and I'm sure now that there is a crisis that Craig will step up and get a lot of that done. So, ultimately, it worked out today.

Also, I just got off the phone with Louanne's sister and we are taking Baby down to Indy on the 24th and Kathy will take her until she goes up to Minnesota in the middle of September. I am feeling better and better about this home. At least we'll get updates on her. Liz, wanna drive across town and meet us on the 24th?

Thanks again guys!

Molly and Mike

captain
08-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Oh Mugsy ............. glad you managed to arrange an AC, but ......... that person that you know ........ I wish the fleas of 1000 camels infest their armpits, and their arms are to short to scratch!!! :mad:

COngrats on finding a fab home for Baby .......... you and Mike are still the most amazing people I know.

{{{Hugs }}}
Michelle

delidog
08-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Great Job Mugsy and Mike!!!
Baby will be Happy and Loved!!!!

Captain...You ALWAYS know the Right thing to say!!!!!

Mugsy...
Love you guys!!!!
Good Luck!!!
Nicole

oodlesofpoodles
08-14-2003, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
[B]:(

I know with what I am going to say will upset many of you. Most people think that animal control is horrible, how can they put all the animals to sleep. And that the dog pound is this dirty little hole in the wall. Well I am a special enforcement officer with animal control. Yes i have to end the lives of many animals. Do I agree with this No. But I also know that you can't save everyone. I go home at night so mad at the world for the sorry Humans that make my job possible. The quote No Kill Shelter across the street from us. Which gets special funding for being a no kill shelter WEll guess what they dont put them to sleep on their property, they walk them across the street to us and we do their dirty work for them. GO after the real criminals, we do what we can but it is the same for police. people dont want to testify so where is the leg to stand on. Our animal control is a very nice place, very clean. we have mutts and purebreds all the time. but the inn does get full and we have no where to put them and the humane society turns them away to us. Our animals have food and water all the time the humane society across the street only gives water once a day and food once a day. the animals over there have no water all day. But everyone thinks they are wonderful. What is wonderful about an animal not having water for 12 hours when the temp. is 100 degrees. I have had to call people and tell them we have their pets. The responce that i get is no way only mutts go to the pound. Well I have a pound full of pure bred mutts. Animal Control is only up holding the Law that your City made and put into effect. Animal Control did not make the laws. I am not a bad person. The animals at our pound are petted and loved every day and played with.

Molly and Mike try going through the ag. dept. get set up as a licenced rescue. become a non-profit org. Animal control does work with these groups. We have to rescue groups that come to animal control and they get dogs and cats from us all the time. My heart goes out to you. I wish that you didnt have to go through this. Where you take care of yours there are 20 others that dont. and because of the 20 bad apples it is ruined for you.

I know with my post I will most likely not be welcomed here any more But before you put down animal control go walk in their shoes for one day and see what they go through.

mugsy
08-15-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by oodlesofpoodles
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
[B]:(

Molly and Mike try going through the ag. dept. get set up as a licenced rescue. become a non-profit org. Animal control does work with these groups. We have to rescue groups that come to animal control and they get dogs and cats from us all the time. My heart goes out to you. I wish that you didnt have to go through this. Where you take care of yours there are 20 others that dont. and because of the 20 bad apples it is ruined for you.

I know with my post I will most likely not be welcomed here any more But before you put down animal control go walk in their shoes for one day and see what they go through.

This is Mike, oodlesofpoodles Please do not Think you are unwelcomed. I have been at animal control for a day, I do not think you are doing a disservice to any one nor do I blame the animal control officer for doing their job. I Feel this was a personal attack on us from the director and was politically motivated by the local SPCA. The director of the SPCA is worried that she will loose money and status in the community by us being there. Also I have seen the pain and suffering the people have inflicted to animals their were to care for.

Everyone should know that Animal control is a needed service for most cities. While most of the people I know despise Animal Control publicly, I also know that they should also be glad they are there doing a job nobody wants and most could not handle.
While the no-kill shelters pick and choose their animals, animal control has to take all of the rest.

We were given the shelter and the founder quit with 10 animals we could not let the shelter go. this and lack of support has brought about these circustances. WE are a non profit org. but do not have any funding so we will inquire as to what needs to be done and do it as fast as possible.

oodlesofpoodles if you have any suggestions for us please let us know by pm. your input will be well received.

popcornbird
08-15-2003, 02:50 AM
Oh my goodness. :(:(:( I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I'm at loss for words. This is horrible news. Just a nightmare. :( I'm so sorry you have to go through this. :( Hang in there. Hopefully things will get better.

Pam
08-15-2003, 05:57 AM
Molly and Mike, I can imagine how you feel with the emptiness in your house, as I miss seeing your signature with all of your babies. :( God bless Craig for his willingness to take one of his own air conditioners to do what he can to help.

I know very little about the workings of shelters and Animal Control, but do know that it was Animal Control that picked up my Ripley as a skinny little matted stray and turned him into the shelter. From the looks of him he had been on his own for a while so I am grateful that they found him. :(

I think this whole experience will bring out the very best in people (as in the case of Craig and yourselves). I wish the other dogs had been able to be personally re-homed by yourselves as Baby will be. Are you able to check in on the others at their respective shelters?

ramanth
08-15-2003, 10:25 AM
What is wrong with people!?!? :mad: :(

Prayers that Cobb Care stays in your good and capable hands.

Cinder & Smoke
08-15-2003, 11:25 AM
{{{HUGGS}}} to Mike & Molly & their Band of Rescuers!

Some *ideas* that you might want to try (tried & tested by MY Fire Dept!):

Being a NON-Profit is a great advantage - that you need to play to the max!
We've had GREAT Luck visiting some of the larger chain stores in the area when we need something (often a prize for a raffel).

In our area, we call upon
Lowe's
Home Depot
WalMart

They're BIG, quite public minded; and have TONS of damaged, soiled, and otherwise un-sellable *stuff*...

The *trick* is to get to know the Store Manager or Very Senior Assistant! Try to set up a get-aquainted meeting on a slow day - let him/her choose the day & time. Introduce yourselves and Cobb Rescue - PHOTOS help!

Then present a Wish List of things you NEED and a brief explanation of how you'll use it or why you need it. The idea is to let the Manager "work" on the list - keep their eyes open and alert you when they discover an item on the list that they can either donate or sell at a steep discount.

In your case - I'd bet you can *find* a rather large, but somehow damaged, Air Conditioner - that one of the Stores will either outright GIVE you - or sell for 10% of cost... might not get it today or next week - but in plenty of time for next summer!

Furniture (like kitchen counters & cabinets?)
We "furnished" our new fire station office & kitchenette with NICE stuff for a few hundred dollars - visited the local chain Lumber Yard just before they remodeled their show display area... Cleaned out everything that "matched" for about 10% of their COST!

FOOD for the Kritters?
Get to know all the local Pet Shops - especially the larger chain outlets that sell tons of food... they're often faced with having Damaged Bags of food - can't sell it, often spilled on the floor...
Ask them to save it (maybe supply them with a big plastic garbage can to hold it) - and have a volunteer visit once or twice a week to pick it up. (Delivery Days are a good day - bags get damaged during off-loading from the trucks.)

Let your imaginations run a little *wild* and you might be suprised at what you can discover!

GOOD Luck!

/s/ Phred

Rottieluver45
08-15-2003, 03:25 PM
OMG!! I`m so sorry they did this to you guys!! I feel bad for you. I hope you guys can live on w/o some of your babies! I`m sure LOTS of time will heal your hearts.

RIP Dudley and Ryu

We`ll miss you!

{{{{Hugs}}}} To you, Mike and Molly!

Cincy'sMom
08-15-2003, 04:04 PM
Good news for Baby!! I'm still sorry she has to go, but it sounds you have found a wonderful home for her :)

They always say when it rains it pours...stay strong, remember the sweet animals you are helping, and don't be afriad to call on your friends when you need some help. Hang in there...things have to get better soon :)

lizbud
08-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by mugsy

Also, I just got off the phone with Louanne's sister and we are taking Baby down to Indy on the 24th and Kathy will take her until she goes up to Minnesota in the middle of September. I am feeling better and better about this home. At least we'll get updates on her. Liz, wanna drive across town and meet us on the 24th?

Thanks again guys!

Molly and Mike

Hi Molly & Mike,

I would like to meet you guys on the 24th. It has to be morning
or early afternoon as I have a dinner to go to later that evening.
Sounds like a lot of good info and plenty of prayers & good wishes
are being offered on your behalf.(you & the dogs):) :)

P.m. me with the time & location, o.k.? I managed to clean out
the blaster worm & install more virus scanners too, I'll be able to
check back later for messages. Hugs & good luck to you both.:)

Cinder & Smoke
08-18-2003, 02:03 PM
We found a couple that weren't doin anything speshul...
Thought we'd send em over...

{{{HUG}}} &

{{{HUG}}}

One for Each of You!

:D

Sudilar
08-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Still thinking of you guys and the dogs. Add our hugs to the list. {{{{HUGS}}}}

ramanth
08-18-2003, 02:29 PM
and mine

{{{HUGS!!!!}}}

lbaker
08-18-2003, 02:38 PM
and more {{{{HUGS}}}}}

ChrisH
08-18-2003, 03:38 PM
me too {{{{HUGS}}}}

mugsy
08-18-2003, 04:09 PM
Thank you guys. You made me cry. It's still SO hard. I had a really hard day at school today because everyone kept asking me about the dogs and I had to keep telling them that I wasn't ready to talk about it. We are stilling trying to keep ahead of code enforcement who comes back tomorrow morning. So, no rest for the weary. I have to go downstairs and rip it apart to clean again and continue the daunting task of catching up on the laundry. I feel like a wet noodle at this point. Anyone want to come over and help? ;) :p

By the way what do you think of the cartoon in my signature?

Cincy'sMom
08-18-2003, 04:18 PM
I LOVE THE CARTOON!!!!! I knew it was the religion of doG!!!!

Good luck with the "enforcer" tomorrow.

Sending more {{{HUGS}}} and positive thoughts your way :)

anna_66
08-18-2003, 04:27 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}}

mugsy
08-18-2003, 04:27 PM
Thanks Amy, for the pictures. They made me cry too, but they are beautiful.

AmberLee
08-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Oh {{{Molly}}}, {{{Mike}}},

I was away and didn't get this news till now. What a shock. So sorry that there doesn't seem to be anything to say. Fingers and paws are crossed here for you for tomorrow's inspection, and prayers will be said, too.

Hang in there. What a nightmare for you all.

Oh, here's another {{{Hug!}}}

KYS
08-18-2003, 05:03 PM
Me TOO!! {{{{HUGS}}}}

I love your sig..

Cataholic
08-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Us Seven, too....

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Cinder & Smoke
08-18-2003, 05:29 PM
... catching up on the laundry.

... Anyone want to come over and help? ;) :p

"Laundry"?? :confused:

Izzat whut ya call the dead skinz that Dad keepz pilin up inna klozit?
*We* do laundry the day Dad openz the bottom drawer of
da dresser an sez "NUTZ! :mad: Nuffin to wear!" :p

"... come over & help?"
DAD an HowzeWerk nebber seem to fit inna same sentence... :rolleyes:

mugsy
08-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Ok, I had another meltdown tonight. Rosie from Southside Animal Shelter called and told me that Max was adopted today. I fell apart. I called Brown County Humane Society and Leigh Ann told me that she was going to send Pebbles and possibly Dio (probably Dio) to Milwaukee to the no kill shelter up there and they signed a contract saying that if they don't get adopted right away that they will send them back. I can't call the SPCA to check on Serenity and Vonney. I am trying to find someone to call and check on them for me. Rosie said that Sammy is fine and doing quite well. I'm just NOT having a good night dealing with things. Thanks for letting me vent.

captain
08-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Oh Mugsy ........ know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I would phone the SPCA on your behalf ..... give me the number to call!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

ramanth
08-19-2003, 09:28 AM
Oh Max.... our Miracle Max. *hugs and kisses* We will miss you so much. :( :)

And I hope Pebbles and Dio do okay in Milwaukee....

Lovely Vonney and Serenity..... my thoughts are with you.

All of them... *HUGS*

and with you two angels, Mike and Molly. *HUGS*

lizbud
08-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Molly,

I didn't want to say anything about it but I saw Max & Sammi's
pictures on the Southside Animal Shelter Petfinder page yesterday
:( They looked so good & they were given a very good write up.

Cincy'sMom
08-19-2003, 04:29 PM
I know it is hard to see it as good news, but it is. As much as I hate to think of your dogs not with you, I'm sure Rosie picked Max's new family very carefully. It has to feel good to him to be back in a home, instead of a shelter, even though he'll always miss you. And Pebbles and Dio will be taken care and watched out for I'm sure....moving them to a no-kill keeps them out of danger, and since Leigh Ann has worked with you and knows you I'm sure she has the dogs best interest at heart too...and if she has any doubts she has left herself the option of getting them back. I hope Serenity and Vonney are fairing as well.

I also saw the write ups and thought they were very nice...made it clear that the dogs were very well cared for it and not given up by choice.

mugsy
08-19-2003, 04:33 PM
I saw them Liz, I CRIED! Last night was NOT a good night. I was feeling really sorry for myself. Code Enforcement came to the house this morning and Mike said that the first thing out of the guys mouth was, "WOW!" He won't be coming back. :D

Now we just have to sweat out AC coming on the 8th.

Baby leaves on Sunday. :( I still hate all of this. On a positive note, Shawna has come a little bit back out of her shell.

Liz, are we still a go? I was thinking the McDonalds on Crawfordsville Road at 74. I still have to call Kathy and set that part up, but it seems reasonable. The restaurant is almost right at the intersection of High School Road and Crawfordsville Road.

micki76
08-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Ok, I had another meltdown tonight. Rosie from Southside Animal Shelter called and told me that Max was adopted today. I fell apart. I called Brown County Humane Society and Leigh Ann told me that she was going to send Pebbles and possibly Dio (probably Dio) to Milwaukee to the no kill shelter up there and they signed a contract saying that if they don't get adopted right away that they will send them back. I can't call the SPCA to check on Serenity and Vonney. I am trying to find someone to call and check on them for me. Rosie said that Sammy is fine and doing quite well. I'm just NOT having a good night dealing with things. Thanks for letting me vent.

Molly if you ever need to me to call and check on anyone, just ask i have free LD.

Cincy'sMom
08-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Code Enforcement came to the house this morning and Mike said that the first thing out of the guys mouth was, "WOW!" He won't be coming back. :D

YEAH!!!

lizbud
08-19-2003, 07:31 PM

Baby leaves on Sunday. :( I still hate all of this. On a positive note, Shawna has come a little bit back out of her shell.

Liz, are we still a go? I was thinking the McDonalds on Crawfordsville Road at 74. I still have to call Kathy and set that part up, but it seems reasonable. The restaurant is almost right at the intersection of High School Road and Crawfordsville Road.

Yes Molly, we're a go for the Sunday, the 24th at 11:00am at
McDonalds. Thanks for including the intersecting roads, that helps. (I always get lost on the west side of town) :rolleyes:
It's good to hear that Shawna is doing better.:) :) See ya all
later. [[[HUGS]]] Liz & Smokey.

mugsy
08-19-2003, 08:05 PM
I will double check and let you know and please be prepared for lots of tears. This is going to suck.

anna_66
08-20-2003, 07:11 AM
Molly, I'm glad to hear that Max has a new home & the code enforcement guy came & won't be coming back. This is good news.:)
I'm sorry I haven't replied much, but everytime I see one of your posts it makes me want to cry & I don't know what to say. Just know I'm always thinking of you & your family.
Here's a few more {{{HUGS}}}
Anna

lbaker
08-20-2003, 07:30 AM
Molly, I feel much like Anna_66... want to say more but get so upset and angry about this situation I'm afraid to start talking and get into a rant - which wouldn't help anything. I've told so many people about you and Mike and this situation and everyone agrees how just horribly appalling it is. And what Saints you two have been for so long. We all thank you.

Laurie

ramanth
08-20-2003, 10:09 AM
I feel the same damn way!! arrggh!!! :mad: :( It is not fair. :(

I feel so helpless.

So many more hugs.....

Cincy'sMom
08-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I feel the same damn way!! arrggh!!! :mad: :( It is not fair. :(

I feel so helpless.

So many more hugs.....

Ditto!

Toby's my baby
08-20-2003, 04:42 PM
This is really bad news for you.:( I cant believe someone would do that. We might loose our 1 puppy because my dad and my dog dont like him. I am sad on looseing one I cant imagine 10! My prayers are with you and I hope you can pull through this tragice time:( :mad: :eek:

moosmom
08-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Molly and Mike,

I know this isn't much...but if you come to Findlay Park on the 31st, I've got a 5,000 BTU air conditioner I'd like to donate that I'll put in my car. I will also start working on the some of the pet stores around here to see if they will be willing to donate damaged bags of pet food, cat litter, etc.

I want to help you guys anyway I can. I just got through reading all of the posts and I can't see cuz my eyes are welling up.

Please know that I'm thinking about you guys and praying all the dogs get great homes.

I miss you!!

((((((((hugs))))))))))

captain
08-20-2003, 07:24 PM
Donna,

That is the nicest thing you have offered to do ........... {{tears}} What a caring person you are.

HUGS to you ............. and to Molly and Mike

tatsxxx11
08-20-2003, 07:36 PM
I'm just heatbroken for you, Molly and Mike. Your grief must be unbearable. Like Anna, I find it almost impossible to post regularly on this thread for the tears and saddness. I want to help you in some way. I wish I were closer. I have 2 ac's you could have:( All I can say is that you and the pups are always in my heart and prayers.

mugsy
08-20-2003, 08:52 PM
You guys are so great. I had to take my mom to the ER because her dog bit her tonight and it turned into a 5 hour ordeal because they were busy and I still had to come home and feed the crew and was feeling pretty mean. I sat down and read the new posts and I started crying because you guys are just so generous. Thank you all. Let me talk to Mike and see what he wants to do about the air conditioners. I don't think the stupid, slum lord owner of the building will let us put anymore holes in the walls and there are no windows, unfortunately. This is such an incredibly BAD choice of buildings, you just can't know.

KYS
08-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Thats a great idea moosmom about the
damaged bags of pet food etc.
My friend is a member of an Akita club in Texas. Her and other members drive around to the different stores and collect bags of food every month, and than donate it to the rescues.

Molly I am so glad the Code Enforcement came and left
with-out a hitch, but I am very sorry to hear about
your mother. (when it rains it pours) :(
I don't know about your slum lord.
Doesn't sound very good.

You did a fantastic job, on your babies so they can be placed in
loving homes. I also do not know what to say. I feel so bad,
I just can not imagine what you are going through.
l am sending you more hugs.
(((.u.)))Karen

mugsy
08-22-2003, 07:56 AM
Now we have to close the shelter. We are going to continue to have fosters, but we have until Monday to get them all placed or they go to Animal Control. I think we have about 5 taken care of now and that leaves 5 more. Someone emailed me last night about Blackie, so he may go home. Keep your fingers crossed. D-O-G is now in a foster home. I guess the SPCA is going to take a couple of them, but Tammy hasn't called me back as of yet. I have a call into Rosie at South Side Animal Shelter in Indy because when she called and told me that Max had been adopted she asked about us still needed to place dogs from the shelter, so maybe she could take one and we could take it down on Sunday when we take Baby (which I talked to Louanne, her new Mom, yesterday also and she is very excited about getting her). The reasoning is this: we do not have adequate ventilation in the building (which truly is a lousy building) and the county is going to come in and shut us down. Calvin bought us the weekend because they wanted to come out today and he said that wasn't possible, so they relented and are coming Monday. Well, gotta go, class is starting. Donations will still be accepted too because we are NOT closing down, we are keeping the dogs in foster care and keeping the website going and any money we get goes to the building fund, since we are getting out of the building before the 1st. Thank you all for your support through this roller coaster ride and generous donations.

pitc9
08-22-2003, 08:41 AM
I read these posts everyday, and I have yet to post because it hurts. I can't even start to imagine how much it hurts you.
May God bless you, and keep you strong!
You really are an Angel!!!

Sudilar
08-22-2003, 09:02 AM
This is so incredibly heartbreaking! You and Mike are so very strong in your convictions! Anyone else would break and crumble and give up. Bless you two for fighting the fight for the love of animals. I hope a miracle happens for the shelter and you. Big time hugs being sent your way. Every day, I think of you and pray for a good solution.

mugsy
08-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Oh happy day!! The SPCA took 8 of the 10 dogs and a place called Dogtown in Middlebury, IN will take the remaining 2 (Rose and Nyla). They will all be safe. We are going to step back and regroup and are going to solicite donations and look for funding, get a building lined up and rename the corporation. So, anyone who wants to donate time or money please let us know. I am aiming for 6 months to a year to having a facility and taking animals again.

mugsy
08-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Problem. :( Nyla now has no place to go. The guy that is taking Rose and D.O.G. won't take her because she is a pitbull. Now we need to find her a home or foster ASAP.

mugsy
08-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Everyone is safe. Nyla got adopted in the 12th hour yesterday.

Baby leaves today.:( :( :( I have been crying all morning. This should end the ordeal, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.:(

Cincy'sMom
08-24-2003, 08:17 AM
Congrats to Nayla...what a relief!!!

Have a safe trip, Baby. Enjoy your new home!!!

Postive thoughts and {{{HUGS}}}, Molly. May this be the end of the bad, and fresh start to the shelter.

primabella
08-24-2003, 08:25 AM
I don't know what to say.

*hugs*

Stay strong.

lizbud
08-24-2003, 09:22 AM
Molly,

I read your P.M this morning. Try to stay strong o.k? I'll see
you guys in a little while. {{{Hugs]]] Liz.

anna_66
08-24-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Congrats to Nayla...what a relief!!!

Have a safe trip, Baby. Enjoy your new home!!!

Postive thoughts and {{{HUGS}}}, Molly. May this be the end of the bad, and fresh start to the shelter.

Same from me & more {{{{HUGS}}}}!!

Sudilar
08-24-2003, 10:50 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}}

STAY STRONG!

mugsy
08-24-2003, 03:39 PM
It's finally over. It was so hard. A lady stopped Liz in McDonalds and asked what was wrong because she had noticed all the tears. It about killed me when they drove away Baby sat up in the back seat and was looking out the back window looking at me. I just don't know where to start over now. I will NOT let that stupid wench at Animal Control beat me though. She won rounds 1 and 2, but she's not going to win anymore. The good news is that it looks like Liz may meet us next weekend.

ChrisH
08-24-2003, 04:15 PM
Oh, Molly.. :(..{{{Hugs}}}

captain
08-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Oh Molly - tears running down my face :(

Stay strong, and to quote one of my very favourite lines -

"Don't let the basta_ds get you DOWN!!!"

Love always
Michelle

KYS
08-24-2003, 05:05 PM
more hugs:{{{Hugs}}}

ramanth
08-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Ohhhhhh Molly..... :( :( :(

*HUGS*

Sudilar
08-25-2003, 09:54 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cry001.gif

Stenograsaurus
08-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Sudilar
This is so incredibly heartbreaking! You and Mike are so very strong in your convictions! Anyone else would break and crumble and give up. Bless you two for fighting the fight for the love of animals. I hope a miracle happens for the shelter and you. Big time hugs being sent your way. Every day, I think of you and pray for a good solution.

Ditto!!!!!

mugsy
08-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Well, here's a small update. Max has been adopted by someone in Michigan. Vonney has been adopted to a great family with kids for him to play with. Baby, should be, at this time in IL until the 12th of September when she goes to her forever home. Pebbles and Dio are being moved to Milwaukee to the Wisconsin Humane Society which is a no kill shelter and Christy thinks they will be adopted within a week because they move animals very quickly. Unfortunately, no one has looked at Serenity, and I don't know any more about Sammy.

Sudilar
08-25-2003, 06:04 PM
I pray that Serenity and Sammy will be adopted into a loving forever home. How excruciating it must be to not know....

Very glad the others have found good homes.

So sad about Serenity and Sammy.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Oh, Molly, I am so, so sorry. {{{HUGS}}} :( :( :( :(

anna_66
08-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Here's some cyber {{{{HUGS}}}} until this weekend, then you get the real thing. Take care. I'm sure they got wonderful homes. I'll be hoping the same for Serenity & Sammy.

mugsy
08-30-2003, 06:46 AM
SHELTER UPDATE

Today is the day. The building will be empty today. There are a few more loads of stuff and cleaning and we are outta there. Next step? Regroup and start over!

Sudilar
08-30-2003, 09:00 AM
What a sad day. Be strong (I know you will) and fight onward!!! For the poor unfortunates!!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck and hugs to you.

mugsy
08-30-2003, 01:29 PM
Thanks Sue, it made it a little easier that Mike had gone over and dismantled and moved the kennels. The empty kennels are what ripped me up. The dogs from the shelter are all doing well at their various locations and honestly are getting better medical than they were with us. All the dogs at the SPCA are being spayed or neutered before they are adopted, which is something we always wanted to do. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the slumlord to find a way not to give us back our deposit. It was sad though not hearing any barking when I walked in, but, it gets a little easier everyday, but, not that much.

Thanks to all of you guys for your thoughts and prayers, it has made the burden a little easier.