PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please...

zippy-kat
08-09-2003, 08:05 PM
I've been mulling over whether or not to post this. Finally, I decided to heck with it, extra prayers can never hurt.

When it rains, it pours...

1. My school situation is in a HUGE mess. I won't go into details but it looks like I may not be attending this semester. Which means, I'll have to reapply for the next and go through the whole waiting period again. (Had to wait almost a year to get in this go around.) Also, it looks doubtful that I'll be moving which has me pretty uppieset seeing that, I've already put my notice into work and I was REALLY looking forward to getting out of this town.

2. A couple of weeks ago, Mom went to WV/Maryland to visit her dad/Aunt Nancy. She's home now but very worried about Aunt Nancy's condition -- it's much worse than she's letting on. Nancy goes to the doctor next week (or possibly the wk after); at that point, the doc will determine whether or not chemo is an option. ("Good" news if it is, bad if it isn't....)

3. My dad's Mom was bitten by a brown recluse spider awhile back. Due to her poor circulation, the wound has yet to heal. They are thinking they may have to amputate the leg. (If that happens, a whole new can of worms will be opened up.) Then last night, she was admitted to the hospital; she had a 'mild' heart attack. They will do surgery on Monday or Tuesday.

Sorry to unload all this on you guys but my stress level is about to hit the roof.

Thanks for listening,
Zipp

GoldenRetrLuver
08-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Yikes! :( I'm sorry...thoughts and prayers that everything will work out, coming your way. :)

jenluckenbach
08-09-2003, 08:09 PM
At stressful times like this friendship and prayers are all you have. So here I am offering both.

Pam
08-09-2003, 08:12 PM
You and your family will be in my prayers. {{{hugs}}}

Cheshirekatt
08-09-2003, 08:17 PM
Oh wow....that's a lot of stuff. :(

You andyour family will be in my thoughts.

primabella
08-09-2003, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry your having a stressful time. Prayers comming your way. :(

lizbud
08-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Zippy Kat,

I'm so sorry that all this is happening to you & your family.
I will keep you all in my thoughts & prayers. This sounds like
a lot to deal with. Wishing you all the best. :) Hang in there.:)

Miss Meow
08-09-2003, 09:45 PM
That's a lot of stress to carry. Will be thinking of you and your family and hoping some good news comes your way {{{hugs}}}

dukedogsmom
08-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a lot of stress. Hope it gets better soon. The job thing would be awkward but I'm sure they'll understand.

Cinder & Smoke
08-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Herrow, God...?

Hi God ~

Prayer Pups here;
We gotz sum problemz down here onna Big Dirt Ball ~

Our Buddie, Miz Zippy, gotz sum purdy sicklee Luv'd Wunz that need summa Your Speshul Help...

Furst there's Aunt Nancy ~
She putz up a Gud Fite agin her illness; but she kuld reelee use sum extree Pet Talk Prayerz - send sum her way, wud You?
An wrap Your GodsPawz round her an her Hubby, too.

Then there's GranMom, wiff da nasty spidur byte :eek:;
an now her Ticker is aktin up.
PaLeeze give her the strength to get Better reel quick.
An let Mr. ZippDad know You're gonna help wiff his Mom, OK God?

Then we gotta wurrie bout our ZippKat!
She spendz soo much tyme wurrin bout Udder Folks - she furgetz bout herself!
Dear God ~ PaLeeze let Zipp know You dint furget bout her.
It'd be nice if You kuld shake up her Grad Skewel an ask em to kut her a break! No reason fur dem to be givin her a ruff tyme!

An You know poor Zipp jest *hates* lookin fur a new - j o b - :eek:.
Kud we ask fur a lil of Your Help findin wun she'll reelee *like*? Maybe sumpin where she kan write sum wurdz (she's purdy GUD at dat!)

An let'z not gib up onna New 'Partment jest yet - Iffin You kan help line up a better - j o b - maybe she kan move near Skewel an be a lil HAPPIER! :)!

Thankz fur lissnin, God!
We know Zipp 'preciates all the Help You kan give!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey Pet Talkerz ~

Let'z round up allua FurKidz an send a
Big Ole Pet Talk **GROUP {{{HUGG}}}** :)
down to Zippy-Kat!!
:D

An Dad sendz a **SPESHUL {{{HUGG}}} too, Zipp!! ;)

babolaypo65
08-09-2003, 10:14 PM
It is a lot for you to deal with. Lean on us all you want. We will be thinking of you.

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear that you have so much bad news and stress in your life right now. :( Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. Just remember that we're here for you if you need us.

zippy-kat
08-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Thanks for your encouraging, friendly words --I love y'all to pieces!

If ever I can do anything for you guys, please don't hesitate.

Aspen and Misty
08-10-2003, 01:13 AM
Prayers on the way!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles ::hugs::

Ash

gini
08-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Tonya, you gotta quit keeping all of these troubles in one family. Could you let us take one or two off your shoulders?

Seriously, you know that you have my prayers always for your beloved Aunt Nancy.

And you can be sure that I will add your Grandma to the list as well.

It sounds like you need to go to bed, pull the covers over your head, stuff K'Cee under the covers with you.......and have a good rest.

The sun does come out........but sometimes we think it just never will.

Huge hugs from one large Rascal boy and me too.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-10-2003, 02:28 AM
My heart really goes out to you - what a huge burden to have on your shoulders!

Sending prayers that all goes well for you and your family.

(((HUGS)))

Julie

koxka
08-10-2003, 02:56 AM
Tonya , I'm so sorry to hear the hard times that you and your family go through. We certain you and your family will be in my thoughts
{{{Hugs}}}

Anna

PayItForward
08-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family.

You certainly have a lot on your plate at the moment. :(

As Cinder & Smoke said make sure you look after yourself as well.

Hopeing life sends you a break soon (you need it).

Rachel
08-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Tonya, I really, really believe it does the heart and soul good to unload ones troubles with people who will care and understand. You have come to the right place, girl. We care about you so much and want the best for you and your loved ones.

As I am a *worrier* by nature, please take it from me, that worry does not help much of anything. I know it there is only so much one can do to limit it, but please try. Try to sort out what you can do to help this situations at hand from what is completely out of your control. Turn that part over to God. Really, really turn it over to him.

In the meantime, keep us up on what is going on. Vent when you need to and we'll keep the prayers coming too.

Wet kisses from Hannah and Tucker for you too.

gini
08-10-2003, 08:55 AM
Tonya, sending you a BIG HUG this Sunday morning and my prayers.

KYS
08-10-2003, 08:58 AM
When it rains it pours and you/your family have a lot to deal with.
I am sending many thoughts and prayers for you
and your family.

moosmom
08-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Tonya,

I'm so sorry to hear about all the family troubles. Ad Babolaypo65 said, this is a great site to unload. Keeping the worry and stress inside isn't good. That's what we're here for. If you ever feel like talking, I've PM'd you with my phone number. Please don't hesitate to call me.

Hang in there, honey. Things are bound to get better.

One more thing....I keep this prayer in my wallet all the time. It helps me keep things in perspective and know what I can and cannot change.

God, Grant me the serenity to
Accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

((((((hugs)))))))))))))

ChrisH
08-10-2003, 10:17 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family.

anna_66
08-10-2003, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear of all the troubles you are having right now Tonya.
You and your family will be in my prayers.

{{{HUGS}}}
Anna

Cataholic
08-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Wow, Tonya, that really is alot of stress to have at one time. I think three of those things are on the list of top ten stress items in one's life.

Prayers coming your way.

Sudilar
08-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Tonya, prayers being launched as I type. Hang in there. We are praying for little miracles. They do happen. Sending you a big HUG.

Crikit
08-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Tonya what's the saying about it always being darker before the light or something like that. Well it looks like this is that time for you. I'm sorry to hear about all the horrible things that are happening to you. I'll keep you in my thoughts, and the dogs send you great big puppy dog kisses...well Smudge and Winter do, Tama just send really big butt wiggles (you don't want to smell his breath) oh and last but not least go out and hug a yeknom. ;)

wolf_Q
08-10-2003, 11:19 PM
Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{HUGS}}}}

LoudLou
08-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Tonya ~ That's A LOT to have on your plate. Know that we send heart felt prayers and HUGS out to you and your family.... Our shoulders are here.

NoahsMommy
08-11-2003, 01:26 AM
I'm so sorry so many things are going on right now.

I have full confidence that school will work out...after all, I have to get my pom poms out (hmm...where can I get those?) and root for you!! You are SO getting A's!! ;)

I'll keep you all in my prayers. God listens, He loves you and your family. Even though its hard to see that when your world isn't happy at this time.

God bless Tonya.

Love,
Kelly :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Zippy ~

Here's Today's {{{HUGGS}}}

;) :) :D

zippy-kat
08-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks Phred. :)

Aunt Nancy DID have chemo yesterday. The doc said her lungs were looking much better. Also, some of her tumors appear to be shrinking the others are the same size -- aren't shrinking but aren't growing. The doc wants her to take more of her pain meds b/c THEY are what appear to be making the most impact (ie making the tumors shrink/lungs stay clear!). Nancy's worried about this because there's a high chance that she can become addicted to them.

As for Grandma, welll... no news is good news, I guess. Haven't heard ANYTHING and can't get anyone to answer their phones.

Everyone, thank you for your prayers!

Logan
08-12-2003, 09:21 PM
We're praying, too, Tonya. Many hugs........

Logan

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Just came across this thread..

I'll remember you and your family in my prayers...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Sudilar
08-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Continued prayers. Glad Aunt Nancy is holding her own. Hope you hear from Grandma soon.

shais_mom
08-12-2003, 11:48 PM
So Sorry I missed this. :(
Prayers on the way as always for you sweets!

Albea
08-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Tonya, I only just read this thread. I'm sorry to hear so many troubles have hit you at the same time. I hope your aunt continues to recover and the doctors find a solution for your granny's illness. Prayers on the way for you and your family.
Many hugs to you.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-13-2003, 11:25 AM
hi, miz zippy!
dis is leonardo, moff's oldest cat boy. mawmee is off fussing at herself 4 missin dis til now. she is sendin prayers to da Big Fellow for all u and yr family. my brovers chester and luke and i are sendin u BIG HUGGIES.
(((HUGGIES)))

we tink u should hug mis k'cee a lot.
mawmee always hugs us lots when she is uppie set. we like getting lots of huggies. mawmee said tell u to pm or email her if u ebber just want to talk. she don't mind a bit. her email thingy is down today while it being worked on doh. but pet talk pms work fine.
yr frin
leonardo

lbaker
08-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Things holding up OK today Tonya? PetTalk has grown so large it's hard to keep up with everyone - unfortunatly even with some of our favorite people, like you of course. I only just now read this myself. Mighty strong prayers and hugs from around the world just have to have some pull with the guy upstairs, you know - Cinder & Smoke's pal. Do let any of us know, either through PetTalk or PM and you know we will be there, whatever you need, wherever you need.
Laurie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Sorry, but I'm another one that missed this the first time. I'm glad to hear Aunt Nancy is doing good - relatively speaking. I know the thought of being addicted is scarey, but I think I would worry about getting rid of the tumors first, then worry about going through withdrawals once I made it past the tumors. My mom also took a pass on some paid medication because she didn't want to become addicted. So she lives with unneccessary pain everyday. :( But until I'm in their shoes, who am I to judge.

{{{hugs}}} to you. And I'll definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

gini
08-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Tonya, allow me to add to the many hugs being sent your way today. This does seem to be some good news for your Aunt Nancy. We will add our personal prayers for you and your whole family.

XXOO Gini

lbaker
08-15-2003, 09:43 AM
almost afraid to but can't get my mind off you and yours. Heard anything from Grandma? {{ HUGS }}

Cinder & Smoke
08-15-2003, 10:28 AM
<Think she mitta <smiled> da udder day... let's try it agin>

Hey Zippy ~

Here's a Fresh Batch of

>> {{{HUGGS}}} <<

to get ya thru Friday!!

An MORE Prayers fur Aunt Nancy & GranMum!!

;) :D

lynnestankard
08-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Dear Tonya - Sorry to be late - I've been absent for some time and only just read this thread - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Sweetheart and A GREAT BIG HUG {{{{{{{Tonya}}}}}}} coming across the miles to a very caring special lady xxx

Lynne

gini
08-15-2003, 12:22 PM
http://www.demooisteanimaties.com/mensen/bear15.gif

Dear ZippieKat, this is for you today.

XXOO Gini and Rascalman