PDA

View Full Version : Boo has a sister...

Soledad
08-09-2003, 05:46 PM
Only it's not the cat from Petfinder.org. Sam and I got a kitten from PetsMart today and she is mostly grey/blue with little white paws. She is absolutely adorable and very loving.

I had her in the bathroom for a while, but I take her out to get used to the rest of the place for small periods of time.

Boo has growled and hissed a bit, but he's mostly his normal self. I really hope they come to love each other and I will be getting pics as soon as possible!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PayItForward
08-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Congratulations on the new arrival.:D

Does she have a name ?

Where are the photos ?

Sounds like you are doing fine, give her space and let her explore.

Give Boo a couple of extra cuddles so he knows he is still well loved.

Uabassoon
08-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Congrats on your new addition! When do we get to see some pictures?

jenluckenbach
08-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Congratulations on the new addition!!

Steffi N
08-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Congratulations on your new kitten. :)

Cataholic
08-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Congrats on the recent addition to the house! I am sure Boo will come around with extra loving.

Soledad
08-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks, guys! Can I have some great girl names for suggestions? I don't know that she's a Bettie.

Karen
08-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Bethany
Catrina
Bettina
Baby
Gracie (Gray-see!)

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Congrats on your new baby kitten!!!:D I'm sure that she and Boo will become friends in no time. How old is she? As far as names go how about Betsy. She sounds adorable. I can't wait to see some pics of her.:)

Miss Meow
08-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Congratulations!!!

I can't wait to see her :)

I'm sure you'll get LOTS of name suggestions once pics are posted. It's much easier to put a name to a face :) ;)

Soledad
08-09-2003, 11:39 PM
I think I'll go with Betty after Betty Page (the best pin-up girl, ever). She's such a sweet little girl! She's very shy but loves being held and will sit and get lovings for ages.

We even had a lovely moment where both cats were sitting on my lap. :D :D :) That's a good sign, right???

And when we got back from shopping, Boo was insistent on getting Betty out of the bathroom. He's either really cool with her or hissing and growling.:rolleyes:

I guess they'll just figure things out for themselves.

BastetsMum
08-10-2003, 01:17 AM
I think if you already have a Boo

Why not a

Moo!

PICS PLEASE! :)

bisi.cat
08-10-2003, 01:29 AM
Congrats on your latest family addition...I hope you will all enjoy the presence of little Betty and have loads of fun!!!:D

gini
08-10-2003, 01:32 AM
Barb
Babs
Bliss
Brenna (does it have to start with a "B"?}

To tell you the truth, I think I would have to see her to get a feel for a good name. A lot depends on her personality. That is how Rascal got his name..........

She sounds darling. I think some time with a closed door between them so that they can sniff and talk back and forth without direct contact might be a good idea.

I think Boo will love her. He just has to make a statement right now with his hissing.

Congratulations and enjoy her to pieces.

Barbara
08-10-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by gini
To tell you the truth, I think I would have to see her to get a feel for a good name. A lot depends on her personality. That is how Rascal got his name..........

That is how Filou got his name;)

Catgratulations! I just can't believe that Boo and her have already been on your lap together. A very good start:)

IttyBittyKitty
08-10-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Soledad
We even had a lovely moment where both cats were sitting on my lap. :D :D :) That's a good sign, right???

Of course it is! I think that Boo and her new sister Betty ... or whatever name is chosen!

Personally, I like the name Betty, but I also like Catrina! :D I think it is cute.

PayItForward
08-10-2003, 07:40 AM
Here a list of UK 1960's B name's

Barbara (Babs for short)

or

Barbara-Ella (Weird 60's name also)

or

Belinda (Lindy for Short, our Family RB kitty was a Belinda/Lindy)

or

Beatrice (Bea for short)

ChrisH
08-10-2003, 10:39 AM
Congratulations, can`t wait to see her!:) :D

RedHedd
08-10-2003, 11:46 AM
I had a cat named Katusha ..... although I still like Betty and Boo ... :confused: :rolleyes:

Cataholic
08-10-2003, 11:53 AM
I like Bea...but, really, I need to see her!!!

08-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I like Bea...but, really, I need to see her!!!

me too! It is difficult to name a cat without having seen her... . Show us a pic, and hundreds of names will pop up in our minds!!;) ;)

NoahsMommy
08-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Oh that's wonderful Soledad! :)

She sounds very sweet. I'm sure she and Boo will be great friends soon enough.

Can't wait to see her. :D

Soledad
08-10-2003, 02:27 PM
I would like to formally announce that we have christened our new little addition Betty Blue. After looking around on the net, it's pretty apparent that this little girl is a Russian Blue mix. She has white paws and a white bib, but she is clearly blue/grey and has a very Russian Blue face.

Boo is easing up and Betty is getting out from the sofa and actually exploring despite Boo's occasional growl.

Any words of advice on how to make Betty feel more secure??

gini
08-10-2003, 02:40 PM
BETTY BLUE......WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your new forever home.

What seems to be working on my little feral girl, Emma, is just consistency. When she will allow me to pick her up I am always very gentle, talk softly to her and then be very careful when I put her down and give her a final soft pat when I release her.

It sounds as though you are already miles ahead of that with Betty. And it sounds as though after Boo has gotten his two cents in, he will come around nicely.

krazyaboutkatz
08-10-2003, 04:46 PM
I love the name Betty Blue. :) We'd love to see some pics asap though. :)

Kater
08-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
I would like to formally announce that we have christened our new little addition Betty Blue. After looking around on the net, it's pretty apparent that this little girl is a Russian Blue mix. She has white paws and a white bib, but she is clearly blue/grey and has a very Russian Blue face.

Betty Blue ~ What a fun name! She sounds just gorgeous! I can't wait for pictures. :D
I'm very glad you rescued this little one, and I hope everything settles down soon.
I don't have any helpful advice about introducing cats but I'm sure with a little more time Boo will come around! ;)

Congratulations on the new addition!

jazzcat
08-10-2003, 06:01 PM
I like Betty Blue. Now I can't wait to see her. Congrats on the new addition!!

Edwina's Secretary
08-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Love the name Betty Blue! And if I could get Edwina and Eddie to BOTH sit on my lap....well...it is so unimaginable....all I can say is Well Done and Welcome Betty Blue!

LoudLou
08-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Welcome Betty Blue!!!

shais_mom
08-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Welcome to PT Betty Blue!!!
Can't wait to see pics!!!

Soledad
08-11-2003, 12:33 AM
I can't wait to PROVIDE pics. I wish I had a digital!! Though the goal is to take a roll tomorrow and go and get them developed to a cd. So, perhaps mid-week??

NoahsMommy
08-11-2003, 12:56 AM
Welcome sweet, Betty Blue! I can't wait to see you, but that'll give us all something to look forward to this week. :)

CUTE name!

HayleyRosie
08-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Congratulations on the new addition. I cannot wait to see pictures of Betty Blue.

Vio&Juni
08-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Congrats Soledad!

Can't wait to see pictures :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2003, 05:27 PM
A big welcome to Betty Blue! What a great name. Betty Blue and Boo too. :D

But, like everyone, I can't wait for pics! I guess patience isn't one of our strong traits around here. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Steffi N
08-11-2003, 06:09 PM
Welcome Betty Blue. I am eager for pictures too. However, as another of the digital-camera deprived, I will try to be patient. :)

popcornbird
08-14-2003, 02:59 AM
You got a new kitty?!?! :eek::eek::D:D:D CONGRATS! Oh how did I miss this thread?!?! Oh yeah, I was on vacation....:eek: CONGRATS and I can't wait to see pics!