PDA

View Full Version : Close Encounter

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-09-2003, 02:55 AM
We are moving house soon, so this weekend Ally was shut in the kitchen whilst we loaded up the cars to take some boxes over to the new place.

Unfortunately my son left the kitchen door open, and I walked into the living room to find Ally nose-to-nose with Patches (one of my outside strays - I'll post a thread about her tomorrow).

I managed to sneak up slowly on them. They were about 10 inches apart and just STARING at each other. Then Patches let out a growl and jumped forward with her claws bared! "Luckily" I was close enough to intervene, and I managed to dive into the middle of them....... Ally bolted into the kitchen to call Daddy for re-enforcements, and Patches ran outside.........leaving me with deep claw scratches on my hand - starting from the webbing between my thumb and index finger, finishing up at the tip of my thumb - OUCH!

I am really glad that Patches didn't manage to scratch Ally's pretty face! Luckily I am already on Anti-Biotics for an ear infection, so my hand should heal quite quickly.

Of course now all my husband wants to know is "Where did you learn that the best way to break up a cat fight is to dive into the middle of it???!!!":rolleyes:

Barbara
08-09-2003, 04:00 AM
In that moment you didn't think very much I suppose. You just wanted to protect Ally. I believe that your strays outside are quite fit for street life and maybe Ally isn't. So you did the right thing for her but not for your hand:(

May it heal quickly. And I am sure Ally will reward you with many kitty kisses:)

jenluckenbach
08-09-2003, 05:00 AM
A mother's love (and desperation). I no doubt would have done the same thing with only a fraction of a second to think.
I am glad Ally is OK. Hope you hand is better soon.

IttyBittyKitty
08-09-2003, 05:26 AM
You poor thing! I am glad that both you and Ally are okay!

I want to know, how else do you break up a cat fight? :D

smokey the elder
08-09-2003, 06:45 AM
From a distande!:p If it gets really bad, you can squirt them with the garden hose.