PDA

View Full Version : A sad cat story......

crazy_parrot_gal
08-08-2003, 12:12 PM
When I was much younger, (5) my brother and I went to get 2 cats. I was sooo happy I couldn't wait! We both wanted kittens so we got kittens! My brother got a long haired grey cat,(his fur was actually slightly purple!) and I got a white cat. I named her Abigail:) and my brothers cat was named Oliver. She grew up and then she had kittens. 5 of them too. Then when we moved to PA... she changed.. We smelled something in the dining room:( We also caught her a few times.... My mom got angry and we put her outside. She hated outside. I would go outside everyday and pet her. The only bad thing about her being outside is our neighbors cats. She has 7 and they go outside alot. They are teritorial((spelling)) cats too. One day Iwent outside and and she had a deep cut in her stomach.. It was strange though because she didn't care about it and went around like she always would. Finnaly it got cold outside and we had to bring her in. We bought new couches and we got our carpet cleaned. As usuall the cats scratched the furniture like any other cat would, but abby scratched harder. After our carpets were cleaned we smelled that fermilliar((spelling)) smell.:(
My mom is threatening me in putting her in the s.p.c.a. but if she doess put her somewhere it has to be somewhere were i can see her again like a friends house. Help what should i do..:confused:

Cataholic
08-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Wow, I am sorry to read this. I don't want to upset you, as it sounds like things are tough, and you seem young. It doesn't sound to me like you are in a position to care for this kitty. I think I would try to find a home for her, where the mom/dad realizes this is possibly a medical issue for the kitty, and, the cut on her tummy needs to be addressed. I am sorry you are in this position. I just don't think you will alter your mom's opinion on this, and I am concerned for the kitty. Maybe you have a friend that your mom likes/trusts, and talk to her about solutions?

2kitties
08-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Cataholic is right. Abigail probably needs serious medical attention, plus she needs to be spayed.

Having her spayed will help you with her behavioral problems as well. But, more importantly, you need to think about Abigail's welfare and find a good home for her until you're old enough to take care of her and get her veterinary care.

Good luck.

moosmom
08-08-2003, 01:35 PM
I agree with Cataholic. First I think your kitty needs medical attention for the injury to her abdomen. Then like Cataholic said, I think you need to find your kitty a new home. Can one of your friends possibly take her??? Or maybe a neighbor. You can also try a local rescue organization in your area.

Good luck.

bluekat
08-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Poor cat:( I'm worried about that cut in her stomach, you should bring her to the vet. and also find out if anything's wrong with her and why she's doing this.
Hope everything works out for you, Good Luck!

crazy_parrot_gal
08-09-2003, 11:01 AM
the cut healed some how.. That was a while ago.btw im 13im talking to someone now about it