PDA

View Full Version : Have you been on TV?

Uabassoon
08-08-2003, 11:21 AM
I was reading that 1 in every 4 people has been on television. So, that means a lot of people on this board have been in tv before. Who here has been on tv, and what where you doing?

I was on tv when I was in high school with my goat Grendel. I was at a livestock show and they were trying to interview a cute kid with his goat, but he was having problems answering the questions so they saw me and asked if I wanted to be on the news. So Gendel and I had a few seconds of fame. :)

apcrs5122
08-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Let's see.......I've been on the local news quite a bit. The people would come to school. My gymnastics team was on TV once I think. We've been in the paper alot, though. I think that's it, I'll have to think;)

cloverfdx
08-08-2003, 11:27 AM
we have been on the local news a few times, with charity dog walks and stuff for our dog club

nothing too major though, my brother is on a advert at the moment for the gym he goes to lol (lifting weights)

oh and im trying to get my dog noticed and get her into some TV work, but no-one is interested in the "mutt dogs":rolleyes:

Christiansmommy
08-08-2003, 11:28 AM
I was on the news. My school bus in high school got into an accident on a Friday AND the following Monday after that!! So after the second accident, we were taken off on stretchers (though, we were relatively fine), they were just being cautious (b/c the Friday accident, a girl passed out and hit her head) (we werent removed with stretchers that day). So i was on the news in a stretcher and also after i left the hospital, i was interviewed by Action News (ch 6 in NJ)...about the accident.

So....thats about it............not too exciting!!

Robyn

Karen
08-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Now that I think of it, I have been on TV more than once!

I was on TV for a few moments 10+ years ago when they were doing a story on the place where I worked, and I was on TV in Beijing, China walking across a stage and saying "Thank You" to the gentleman presenting the place where I work with gifts and thanks - I didn't see that one, though!

Lerah021399
08-08-2003, 11:36 AM
I was on the local news when I was 10 years old. There was a bunch of police cars and news vans down the street from where I lived, so being the curious child that I was I went down there w/ my sisters to find out what was going on. Turns out that a mother had killed her children because she heard voices in her head that told her to. Anyways, I happened to be standing at a fence that was in the line of sight for the camera and had my 5 seconds of fame :rolleyes: Not a good reason to be on TV.

Uabassoon
08-08-2003, 11:38 AM
I forgot that I was also on tv the first time I went to Trinidad. On the second day of carnival all the floats go through this stage and it is all filmed and aired live on tv. So I was following a steel band and the next thing i know we are on a stage and people look at me and go "you have to dance we are on television" So, I was on tv trying to dance.

LOL oh yeah and I forgot to add that on top of being a bad dancer I was dressed in a sailor costume (it's a traditional carnival costume down there). So I was on tv in Trinidad as a bad dancing american sailor! Thankfully I was in a foreign country and no one I know got to see it!

ramanth
08-08-2003, 11:39 AM
I was on TV for the local Harry Potter event. They interviewed me and my friends, but my interview didn't make the final edit....although there were shots of me and my friends in character. :)

cali
08-08-2003, 12:22 PM
I have been on topdogs and one the news you could see me, lying on the grass watching an agility match!:D

RockyRoad
08-08-2003, 12:28 PM
I was on TV when my elementary school did a tolerance week celebration. They got part of my presentation on it, and a close-up of me. :)

lovemyshiba
08-08-2003, 12:59 PM
I don't think I ever have been. Last summer a woman from Channel 6 wanted to interview me about all of the things that were going on in the Catholic church (I was coming out of the Post Office, I have no idea why they were there), but I declined.

My husband has done commercials for Honda though, but they're local commercials.

slleipnir
08-08-2003, 01:11 PM
I had to annouce something for our news channel..I hated it..my friend made me..gr

GoldenRetrLuver
08-08-2003, 01:33 PM
I was in the paper a few times for my English class. My cousins do commercials and movies, so you might see them a couple times....;)

primabella
08-08-2003, 01:41 PM
I haven't, but my sister got interviewed for the local news. lol Her take didn't make the final cut. My two friends were extras in a movie though. It's played only in Montreal but they might have shown it elsewhere in Canada. It's called "Mambo Italiano" I hear it'll be hitting the USA and a few other countries soon so keep an eye out for it :D

Chinadoll
08-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Anyone remember the tv show Popeye and Pals? It might have been just a local show. Basically it was a kids show where they'd have an audience of about 40 kids usually from different scouting troops. They'd have music, some games, and show Popeye cartoons. Used to come on Saturdays mornings here. When I was 9, my friend Julie and I were part of the audience. Every kid in the audience gets interviewed for their name and school. I remember going to school after it aired and having all the kids ask me how I got on the show. Mom pulled a few strings :)

My mother has been on the news quite a few times. She used to work as a nurse on the pediatric oncology unit at Children's Hospital. Whenever one of the kids made the news or some celebrity came to visit the kids, you could usually catch a glimpse of her.

Pam
08-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Since I am the mom of Christiansmommy, who reported above about the school bus accident, I was called on the phone and told to report to the hospital where they were taking the children. That night on the evening news there I was standing at the door of the hospital waiting for the ambulances. :)

My second moment of fame was when our local TV station was doing a thing about gas prices in the area (maybe about 2 years ago). When I pulled in to get gas on my way to work there was an Action News van there filming me pull up to the pump. Glad I didn't hit it! LOL! You could see me briefly talking to the attendant and giving him my money! HA! Not exactly stardom! :)

RICHARD
08-08-2003, 02:59 PM
does america's most wanted count?

:eek:

ramanth
08-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

You keep running outside with no pants on and I won't be surprised.. ;) LOL! :D

Cincy'sMom
08-08-2003, 04:07 PM
When I was in high school, we did a choir concert on TV at Christmas time as part of the fund raising drive for PBS.

When I was helping coach softabll, we took the girls to a Mud Hens Game and the sports guy was out getting people to sign the new team song. I wasn't on the news, but my team was :)

Cincy has been on the news twice. Once in January, when we performed a square dance at half-time of the University of Toledo basketball game and once in April, when she was doing a therapy dog visit at a local health fair.

Crikit
08-08-2003, 06:40 PM
I'm going to be on tv...just have to wait for the ep of Top Dogs to come on and then it will be Smudge and i competing.

neko1
08-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Just the local network all four years of high school, from being in color guard

Fox-Gal
08-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Yep...It counts. I was on it years ago, when a close friend of mine disappeared. I was the last one to ever see her again. She pulled out of my parking lot never to be seen again. Not the best way to be on TV but, I was on it. :(

Then just a couple of weeks ago, for rescuing some peafowl and relocating them, to my back yard. :D

IttyBittyKitty
08-08-2003, 10:00 PM
No really! I was a bit of a geek at highschool and was involved with the study of the crap in the lake next to our school. Our school held an annual "aquafest" in honour of this study, allowing the younger school children to come around and be educated.

The local news crew had also turned up, and when they were filming the display that I was responsible for, I was bent over it, fiddling with something. They got a lovely shot of my derriere, which had all my friends in stiches ... I never got to see it!

Barbara
08-09-2003, 07:28 AM
I have been in TV quite often -several times there was a TV team at our stand at the bookfair and I happened to be the only person around to answer a stupid interview question (like Do you think this year's fair has been influenced by 9/11), then they made a documentary about our company when it had it's 100th anniversary, another documentary about the founder of another company we bought and I had to talk about him and I was 6 or 7 times in a TV show about travelling, the guest the moderator needs to have somebody to talk to.

The strangest thing was the following: I was in Bali and when the owner of our hotel heard I was in travel publishing he said he needed me for a TV Show. I was so curious and said yes. We went to Denpasar (the capital) and it was a show which should warn about the use of drugs. There were teenagers, scientists, politicians -and all was in Indonesian. I did not understand a single word. Finally I was asked in English what the German travel industry thought of drugs and I said we wanted Bali like all other places to be free of drugs -that was it:rolleyes:

Fuzzy317
08-10-2003, 07:12 PM
I was in the band in college. The marching band was on TV a little at football games, and the pep band was on TV a little more at basketball games.

RubyMutt
08-10-2003, 07:27 PM
I was in a business & management class at this vo-tech high school and at the end of the year we took a trip to watch "Northwest Afternoon" (a popular local talk show). They often introduce groups there and one person from my class introduced us all, but the rest of us just stood behind her.

Since I was also in band in high school I ended up being on tv a few times for different band & sporting events.

... I think that's it

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-11-2003, 06:07 AM
To Richard and Ramanth...........

I just choked on my lunch laughing at you two!!! A little bit of a WARNING next time please!!!!:D