PDA

View Full Version : My Best Friend..

Sevens
08-07-2003, 10:26 PM
I am happy:) Well, not with work, work is absolutely hideous right now, but I am happy because my best friend just moved to Richmond this week.

She and I have been friends since 10th grade (we both graduated in 1995). She hasn't lived in Virginia since she finished her Bachelor's...1999. So now she has a job here in town and she just moved into the cutest little apartment, 5 mins up the street from me.

She's pretty happy with the area so far, it's a nice, eclectic fun section of Richmond, the original "suburbs" of the downtown area. We're not talking about huge yards and whatnot, more like row houses with two foot wide alleys in between.:)

We are gonna save so much money on long distance phone calls.:p And on top of that, she can handle Bailey's nuttiness, so now we have a built in dogsitter when we need one!It definitely helps when the dogsitter loves your puppers as much as you do. Heheh, she's kinda like Valium around Bailey, Bailey will just calm right down and fall asleep in her lap.:D I wonder if she's gonna have that kind of effect on the kids (her new job is a school counselor at an innercity elementary school).

Our next project is to work on our other best friend who lives an hour and a half away from here. We're gonna try to get her and her hubby and two kitties to realize that Richmond is really the best place for them.:D

Logan
08-08-2003, 08:02 AM
That's wonderful! Nothing like being surrounded by good friends!!! :) Especially those that love animals!!!! :D

HoRsELUvR
08-08-2003, 09:57 AM
That's great that your friend moved close by!it'll also be good for your dog to have a nice sitter that he knows.

Cataholic
08-08-2003, 08:04 PM
That is sooooo cool! I moved back home after six years.....and so appreciate my 'old' friends.