PDA

View Full Version : I have a DUMB question!!

Amber
08-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Ok here is my DUMB question

Do Shots hurt?!?! Because I HAVE to get a shot before school starts and, I might have to ge it tomorrow! Im not good with this kind of stuff!! just need to know if it's painful or not!! Im so nervous!!! Please help!! lol such a dumb question!

Kfamr
08-07-2003, 05:55 PM
You've never had a shot before?:confused: :eek:

They don't hurt.

cali
08-07-2003, 05:56 PM
depends on the person. why do you HAVE to get a shot?? :confused:

but they hurt like hell to me, like I said depends on the person

Amber
08-07-2003, 05:58 PM
yes I have had a shot before but I was too young to remember. I need this shot to go to 7th grade. It's my MMR shot.

slleipnir
08-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Its nothing at all..just a tiny prick. If it bothers you, dont look :)

Kfamr
08-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by cali
depends on the person. why do you HAVE to get a shot?? :confused:

For school down here you have to get shots.

Amber
08-07-2003, 06:35 PM
yup

Karen
08-07-2003, 06:41 PM
It stings, but just for a second - not even - when its' going in. Way less than a bee sting, a little more than a mosquito sting.

Nothing to worry about, and maybe you'll get a lollipop if you're good!

wolfsoul
08-07-2003, 07:13 PM
...shot....?

I'm the wrong person to ask! :eek: I HATE needles!

PS What's an MMR shot? I never got that shot. I only had shots when I was an infant, in grade one, in grade six, and then in grade nine. I never had one in grade seven, and I don't remember an MMR shot.. :confused:

binka_nugget
08-07-2003, 07:27 PM
I had a needle go in my mouth at least 5 times today. I had to get my cavaties fixed, so he gave the shot to numb my mouth. Honestly, they can hurt. It really depends. Usually for me, the shots on the arm don't hurt a bit. I remember one time, the lady said "alright, all done" and I didn't know she put the needle in already. But today, I teared up a bit at the 4th shot in my mouth, while the rest of them didn't hurt. Just make sure you don't look at them putting it in. It's best to think of something else.

boscibo
08-07-2003, 07:28 PM
I think MMR is measles, mumps and rubella, but I'm not a doctor.

Shots in general don't hurt (although I personally hate tetanus shots, the poke itself doesn't hurt but my arm feels really sore for a few days after). Just a quick little sting, not too bad. Look away and it's over before you know it.

Amber
08-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Ok!!

Thankyou all for the Great advice!! I feel better now!! Ill just think of PT and my pets!!! lol

primabella
08-07-2003, 07:52 PM
For school down here you have to get shots.

Here too. When there were the meningitis cases, the whole school got a shot and they kept you in for like 20 minutes to make sure you didn't react to the medication.

Shots don't hurt for me at all. I went in this summer to get one done and it was fine. But my arm was sore for the next day. I remember getting the shots in the mouth too --now those hurt! :(

Airedalekisses
08-07-2003, 08:17 PM
oh, it doesn't hurt! just look the other way and think of your beasties or a song you like- hum it in your head! it takes all of two seconds. And just think you won't get the measles! You don't want them, believe me!

rizzy
08-07-2003, 08:37 PM
Okay, here's what they do the Nurse takes a cotton ball rubs this cream like stuff on your arm, wherever you need a shot, than you look away and think....Ok I wont even remember this in less than an hour....before you are done saying that you'll be done!:D

babolaypo65
08-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Yep. MMR is measles mumps rubella. Its one you got when you were about 2. Its one that causes that scar we all have. (cept now they do babies on the bum I think). I know when I started college I had to have an MMR booster.

Originally posted by boscibo
I think MMR is measles, mumps and rubella, but I'm not a doctor.

Shots in general don't hurt (although I personally hate tetanus shots, the poke itself doesn't hurt but my arm feels really sore for a few days after). Just a quick little sting, not too bad. Look away and it's over before you know it.

Aspen and Misty
08-07-2003, 09:56 PM
i once got 7 shots all at the same time, one in my tumb, on man did that one hurt!!! OUCH!

But the ones in my arms, legs and butt (lol) didn't hurt to much.

Ash

Amber
08-07-2003, 10:01 PM
Im not gettin a shot in my Bum bum!!!! lol

Twisterdog
08-07-2003, 10:11 PM
Just pinch yourself on the arm when you get the shot. Your brain can only concentrate on pain in one area at a time (or so the theory goes) and it will be concentrating on the pinch, since it KNOWS it is coming, and you won't even feel the shot.

Sound weird ... but it really does work very well. I do this everytime I have to get a shot at the dentist (shots in the gums .... OUCH!) and it does work!!

kingrattus
08-07-2003, 10:31 PM
I hate shots so much I lied about having my hepB shots, but at that time if my high school had foundout I would have been kicked out until I got those 3 shots...

I still haven't gotten them.. but I plan on getting twinx & it'll give me hep B & C in the 3 shots... My dad had t have 5 shots cause his body wasn't making the antibody... & his first shot was in the BUTT!! only cause he stabbed a fork into his finger at work & the fork was with the hepC patients (dad works a mentally challenged hospital)...

cheetahgirl
08-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Shots? No. They don't hurt at all. I got a lot in my life. No pain. Just one little tiny

( . )

and its over!

:D

Amber
08-07-2003, 10:50 PM
lol thankyou!

cali
08-07-2003, 10:56 PM
thats weird lol here it against the law to vaccinate a child without there parents consent, my parents are now anti vaccs. so I am safe from the devil. people always tell me its just a poke you wont even feel it, etc.. easy for them to say, for me its extremly painful, and it hurts for weeks, I can feel it go in, and its extreme pain, but then I am very sensitive to pain:eek:

iceyshiver21
08-07-2003, 11:17 PM
It hurts for two seconds...and then is sore for a while....but thats it...unless you DEATHLY AFRAID OF THEM LIKE MEEE!!! Then you over react and hide.

HoRsELUvR
08-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Shots aren't usually that bad so dont worry.its just like a little prick.and its over fast.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-08-2003, 10:47 AM
I don't mind getting shots. :) They don't hurt, just a fast, tiny prick.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-08-2003, 11:05 AM
I don't mind the shot itself, but the whole concept of metal going into your arm.. Eww. :o :D lol. It doesn't really hurt. It's usually the vaccine that gives you a "cool/cold" sensation when it's injected. Other than that, it's fine.