PDA

View Full Version : This is scarey for NZ........serious......

carole
08-07-2003, 05:52 PM
I guess many of you would have heard of MAD COWS DISEASE, it appear's there might be a case of this in my city, we have a young 26 yr old man in Waikato Hospital, who is ill, and they suspect it might be this.

This is very serious for my country, if it turns out to be so, even the rumour of it, is bad enough, this has potential to ruin our country, the economy, so folk's please pray for us Kiwi's that this is just a scare nothing else.
Already the NZ dollar has de-valued just because of the rumours.

gini
08-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Carole, this is indeed serious. Dairy - New Zealand's number one industry.

Keep us posted and let us pray that he does not have this disease!

carole
08-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks Gini, yes I must say I really feel scared, I hate to think the outcome, I don't wanna think about it really, I will keep you posted when I hear any updates.

As you have visited my little country, you realize the importance of this news, many others probably donot realize how devastating this could be for little NZ.

Cinder & Smoke
08-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Here's a rather detailed story from a NZ paper...

New Zealand Herald (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3517045&thesection=news&thesubsection=general)

The article ends on an up-beat thought...

" A spokeswoman for Agriculture Minister Jim Sutton said there was no evidence, or reason to believe, that any New Zealand cattle herds were infected with BSE.

It is understood most cases in Britain have developed around villages where old-fashioned meat-dressing techniques are used, which has resulted in spinal fluid dripping over the meat. This does not happen in New Zealand."

Let's all pray ther is no problem "Down Under"!

carole
08-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Thank you Cinder and Smoke for posting that article, its kinda complicated to explain on here.

We have never had a case in NZ, and there were rumours started in Britain, that NZ had foot and mouth disease, Shame on British Media.

primabella
08-07-2003, 07:49 PM
I hope everything turns out fine. We had a case somewhere in Alberta (I think) and the industry dropped like crazy because of it.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-07-2003, 08:23 PM
I also hope that it is not the case, we went to the feed store to
get our dog food, we feed them a holistic food called "Solid Gold"
a combination of lamb and rice dry and canned. Well they were out of the canned and said they couldn't get any because they could not import any dog food from Canada at this time because of mad cow disease. We didn't realize the canned food was made in Canada, so believe me we will think positive for that young man and your country that he does not have mad cow disease.
Jackie, Perry and Daisy

carole
08-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Thank you for your kind thought, yes the dairy industry is our main industry, it could ruin our small country, but let us think positive, it is unlikely he got it from NZ meat products.

sammi
08-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Positive thoughts going out to you and your country.