PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Dog Survives Gas Chamber

Cookiebaker
08-07-2003, 05:07 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/08/07/offbeat.dog.survivor.ap/index.html

This kinda makes me mad. I'm so happy for this precious pup (if you are subscribed to the video service, he is SOOOO SWEET!!!). But why is it that only after a failed attempt are dogs given the chance to live????? GRRRRRRRRRR!!! I just feel so upset!!! I can't even start to imagine how much he must have suffered while in there. :(

lizbud
08-07-2003, 08:06 PM
I hope Quentin gets a life of love & comfort for the rest of
his days on earth. :) I too wish there could be more spared
as he was. Maybe his story will inspire some people to visit
their local shelter and check out the many great dogs & cats
available for adoption.

Tonya
08-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Awww, lucky Quentin! He was wagging his tail! How can they gas a friendly dog?!!??? :mad:

I have a question though. Do those gas chambers cause brain damage/health problems?

babolaypo65
08-07-2003, 09:28 PM
I just saw this. wild. He looked great on CNN!

CathyBogart
08-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Awww, lucky Quentin! He was wagging his tail! How can they gas a friendly dog?!!??? :mad:

Simple: too many friendly dogs, not enough friendly people to take them home. It isn't the shelter's fault, they do what they can.

IttyBittyKitty
08-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Good for Quentin, may he have a long and happy life ...

But, how many other times has this happened, a miracle of sorts, and the personnel have just re-gassed the animal? He is doubly lucky. He survived, and the employee concerned could not bring themself to re-gas him!

iceyshiver21
08-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Poor lil buggers, the ones who don't make it.

carole
08-15-2003, 04:11 PM
I agree.

We as humans are the superior race or so we think, and make all the decisions, we decide to end these poor creatures lives, What give's us this right?

Yes I know, we have to do something, but we always think we know best, infact human beings are so cruel sometimes, and DUMB too, just vetting my anger at this unkind world folks.

But YAHOO for Quentin, you lil survivor you;)