PDA

View Full Version : AKC/Eukanuba American Dog Show Classic

Dixieland Dancer
01-01-2002, 06:45 PM
On December 12, 2001, The AKC and the Iams Company co-sponsored the American Dog Show Classic in Orlando Florida. This was no ordinary dog show! It showcased the Best of the Best in 157 breeds and varieties recognized by the AKC to compete for the coveted Best of Show award. You could not just enter this show, you had to be invited. The winner of this show will walk away with the title NCH (National Champion) and a cash prize of $50,000 not to mention all kinds of other perks.

How did the dogs get invited? The top 20 dogs in each breed, based on breed points accumulated from January 1, 2001 to October 10, 2001 were invited.

This is a very prestigious event in the dog world. And it's coming to Television!!

Animal Planet has taped the event and will be airing it on January 7th 2002 in the evening. I don't know the exact time and would like to watch it. If anyone knows the exact time (eastern) please post it.

Thanks!

Dixieland Dancer
01-03-2002, 02:31 PM
Well I tried to find out when the show is from the Animal Planet website and they only have listings up to 1/6/2002. I will check again over the weekend.

However, I couldn't wait to see the results and took a peek on the AKC website. I won't spoil the surprise for anyone who likes the suspense but if you want to know before it aires on Animal planet go to this link.

American Dog show Catalog of Results (http://www.akc.org/dic/classic/classic_show/results_index.cfm)

There are also lots of pictures available.

tatsxxx11
01-04-2002, 05:44 AM
I heard last night on Animal Planet that is was in Feb.?? :confused: Of course, now I forget the exact date. Half asleep!! :rolleyes: I think it was the 8th., at 8pm. I'll repost when I confirm it.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

auggie
01-04-2002, 06:18 AM
Feb. 2th. at 8PM.
Dixie, you can change the Date on the Animal Planet Website if you go to" View the Calendar" in the upper right Corner.
I took a peek at the Breed winners, but saving the Group winners and Best in Show for later.
Westminster Dog Show Feb. 11th & 12th will be on USA Network.

tatsxxx11
01-04-2002, 06:43 AM
Thanks Auggie!! And can't wait for Westminster!!! :)

Dixieland Dancer
01-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Does anyone remember the winner of Westminister last year?

tatsxxx11
01-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Hmmmmmmm??? I remember the Kerry Blue was the favorite. But somehow I'm thinking it was....??? Ahhh! I remember I was rooting for the Flat Coated Ret. and the Bloodhound. Have to go check their site!

ShepherdLover
01-04-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer:
<STRONG>Does anyone remember the winner of Westminister last year?</STRONG>

The winner was

Ch. Special Times Just Right "JR" the Bichon Frise.

tatsxxx11
01-04-2002, 10:18 AM
You beat me to it, Sheplover!! :D For some reason I was thinking JR won 2 years ago! Time flys!! The Springer was the year before and the Papillion the year before! Here's the link to the WKC for anyone who may want to check out JR and past winners :)

web page (http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/)

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

*LabLoverKEB*
01-04-2002, 01:16 PM
I LOVE watching the Eukanuba Tournament of Champions!!! :)

I think last years winner, was a Kerry Blue Terrier, named Mick? I don't remember! :rolleyes:

Dixieland Dancer
01-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Oh yes.... I remember JR well. He was and is one very special little Bichon. His excitement when he won was so precious it was as if he really realized he was Top Dog!

I wonder.... if he can repeat his performance? I remember the judges saying he was the most perfect breed specimen they had seen in a long time. No faults at all. Very rare!

I personally was very sad that the Golden did not make it into the Best of Show judging because of handler error. :(